CSNbbs
Game Week: CMU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Game Week: CMU (/thread-861754.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Game Week: CMU - emu steve - 10-28-2018 12:00 AM

Finally getting to the easiest part of the schedule. For the 2nd straight year the MAC scheduling does us no favor with a difficult MAC part of the schedule coming with the difficult OOC schedule.

I would have preferred playing CMU earlier. Akron earlier. Kent earlier.
and UB later.

RE: Game Week: CMU - emu79 - 10-28-2018 07:56 AM

(10-28-2018 12:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Finally getting to the easiest part of the schedule. For the 2nd straight year the MAC scheduling does us no favor with a difficult MAC part of the schedule coming with the difficult OOC schedule.

and UB later.

I would have preferred a bye in October

RE: Game Week: CMU - emu steve - 10-28-2018 08:01 AM

(10-28-2018 07:56 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 12:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Finally getting to the easiest part of the schedule. For the 2nd straight year the MAC scheduling does us no favor with a difficult MAC part of the schedule coming with the difficult OOC schedule.

and UB later.

Yes, the MAC office does us no favors.

Esp. in October when injuries start to build up (e.g., Glass).

A bye in mid-November is worthless, maybe worse.

RE: Game Week: CMU - TheWoodenNickle - 10-28-2018 08:11 AM

There are no easy games when we have a team that struggles to run the ball. Hopefully our defense can shut down CMU while the offense gets just enough to win.

RE: Game Week: CMU - alum93 - 10-28-2018 08:44 AM

(10-28-2018 08:01 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 07:56 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

and UB later.

Yes, the MAC office does us no favors.

Esp. in October when injuries start to build up (e.g., Glass).

A bye in mid-November is worthless, maybe worse.

I heard Glass is nearly ready to return. Hopefully we see him on Saturday. Eriksen did play a few snaps yesterday at Army.

RE: Game Week: CMU - Luckeyone - 10-28-2018 05:33 PM

If we're able to run the ball, it will be due to a bad DL not our OL improving. Need to figure out running game during off-season.

RE: Game Week: CMU - EagleTough - 10-28-2018 06:24 PM

(10-28-2018 05:33 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  If we're able to run the ball, it will be due to a bad DL not our OL improving. Need to figure out running game during off-season.

Here, I got you........

Glass/Jackson at QB with legit zone read.......

.........running game fixed!

RE: Game Week: CMU - Jerry Weaver - 10-28-2018 06:29 PM

(10-28-2018 06:24 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 05:33 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  If we're able to run the ball, it will be due to a bad DL not our OL improving. Need to figure out running game during off-season.

Here, I got you........

Tough you have really cooled on Grissom. Is there a reason why?

RE: Game Week: CMU - EagleTough - 10-28-2018 11:52 PM

(10-28-2018 06:29 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Here, I got you........

Just a hunch this Jackson kid is the better all around player and leader.

We'll see how the depth chart shakes out next year. Really excited to have Glass as the leader, with Jackson/Grissom in reserve and still developing. If Grissom beats him out more power to him! For the first time in Creighton's tenure, everyone will know the QB going into next year, with the dual threat ability he likes.

If Glass stays healthy, no reason he shouldn't be one of the best QB's in the MAC.

For what it's worth, I doubt we see an OC change either, as Creighton gives Keen a chance to run a fully functional zone read type offense. All 3 TE's return, All the WR's return, Turner & Parker at RB, plus 3.5 of the OLinemen. Get Howie & Dooley in the mix. The offense should be much improved.

RE: Game Week: CMU - TheWoodenNickle - 10-29-2018 05:39 AM

(10-28-2018 11:52 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 06:29 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Here, I got you........

Just a hunch this Jackson kid is the better all around player and leader.

We'll see how the depth chart shakes out next year. Really excited to have Glass as the leader, with Jackson/Grissom in reserve and still developing. If Grissom beats him out more power to him! For the first time in Creighton's tenure, everyone will know the QB going into next year, with the dual threat ability he likes.

If Glass stays healthy, no reason he shouldn't be one of the best QB's in the MAC.

For what it's worth, I doubt we see an OC change either, as Creighton gives Keen a chance to run a fully functional zone read type offense. All 3 TE's return, All the WR's return, Turner & Parker at RB, plus 3.5 of the OLinemen. Get Howie & Dooley in the mix. The offense should be much improved.
Thanks e'tough. It does sound like the offense will be better next year. They still need more help at running back though. Any word on how the red shirt freshman are looking? This is definitely a recruiting need.

RE: Game Week: CMU - emu steve - 10-29-2018 06:29 AM

To answer the question posed in another thread:

Maybe EMU contends for a MAC championship next season...

RE: Game Week: CMU - emu79 - 10-29-2018 07:54 AM

Cant take this for granted

RE: Game Week: CMU - TheWoodenNickle - 10-29-2018 08:07 AM

CMU is without their starting QB, Lazzaro. They're back to the starter from the beginning of the season, Poljian. Our defense needs to shut them down. Keep them under 14 points and we win.

I'd seriously like to see EMU blow them out. It'll be a nice warm up for the two beatings their hoops team will get this winter.

RE: Game Week: CMU - emu steve - 10-29-2018 08:20 AM

(10-29-2018 07:54 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Cant take this for granted

Can't take anything for granted, but if I was 'forced' to pick the best team in the MAC West I would easily pick EMU.

RE: Game Week: CMU - emu steve - 10-29-2018 09:19 AM

We are 13.5 favorites at a site which posts point spreads.

Teams Odds Win-Loss
359 CMICH (1-8) (0-4 A)
360 EASTMI -13.5 (4-5) (2-2 H)

RE: Game Week: CMU - Bronc33 - 10-29-2018 10:13 AM

I hope you beat these guys by 200

RE: Game Week: CMU - FrankAnderson - 10-29-2018 10:46 AM

CMU actually has a half-way decent defense, allowing 26 PPG (6th in MAC, just behind us). Their DBs are experienced and talented, though they are just about as bad at stopping the run as we are.

But they are dreadful on offense. Last in MAC and 126th in the nation at 16 PPG on O. And as Nickle said they are without their starting QB Lazzaro who beat out Poljan for the starting spot around week 3.

Now would be a good time to somewhat re-establish the running game and a great defense effort against a weak offense.

RE: Game Week: CMU - Ken Barna - 10-29-2018 12:14 PM

Dear Friends,
I hope we can jump out to an early lead, and make them play catch up. That worked for us against both Toledo and Ball State, and I was hoping we could have done that against Army. In any case, this is a game we should win, and I hope we are not over confident going into it.

RE: Game Week: CMU - EagleTough - 10-29-2018 12:38 PM

Even if Glass is back, he likely won't be 100% game shape, or ready to step right back in where he left off at Toledo. Might see the Wiegers/Glass rotation again? Wiegers starts.........Glass back in if the offense struggling as normal?

RE: Game Week: CMU - TheWoodenNickle - 10-29-2018 12:47 PM

(10-29-2018 12:38 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  Even if Glass is back, he likely won't be 100% game shape, or ready to step right back in where he left off at Toledo. Might see the Wiegers/Glass rotation again? Wiegers starts.........Glass back in if the offense struggling as normal?
In a perfect world Weigers lights them up, EMU gets a big lead, Grissom or Steibling get some PT, and we all go away happy.

Another BSU type of game.