CSNbbs
This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 (/thread-861716.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - ODU True Blue - 10-27-2018 03:12 PM

What a stupendously horrible time to do PSLs!

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - odu09 - 10-27-2018 05:54 PM

Well, at least they are marketing towards people with FOMO (fear of missing out) so I have to commend them for going that angle to get more sales. They had to get creative to sell seats after the past few seasons

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - monarx - 10-27-2018 06:19 PM

Is that confirmed for next season? I might be done with season tix if that’s the case. Was hoping to keep them through the inaugural year.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - Mr.BigBlue - 10-27-2018 06:26 PM

(10-27-2018 06:19 PM)monarx Wrote:  Is that confirmed for next season? I might be done with season tix if that’s the case. Was hoping to keep them through the inaugural year.

YES...you still should be able to get a decent seat at a reasonable price.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - DaBigBlue - 10-27-2018 06:31 PM

Think I'm going from six to zip season tixs. Plan on buying individual game tixs, will save me a couple thousand. They are taking our tailgate lot for the third time. I have four tixs to UNT, $10ea.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - monarx - 10-27-2018 06:35 PM

(10-27-2018 06:26 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(10-27-2018 06:19 PM)monarx Wrote:  Is that confirmed for next season? I might be done with season tix if that’s the case. Was hoping to keep them through the inaugural year.

YES...you still should be able to get a decent seat at a reasonable price.

I just don’t know if I can convince the wife to keep traveling 4 hours each way six times a year. She’s agreed to next year to support the stadium opening. But if it doesn’t make sense to get a PSL for possibly only one year, I may be out. Unless ODU guarantees they will buy back your PSL so we don’t have to sell on the open market. Next season may be worse than this. Hopefully it won’t be prohibitive. I’ve also put in effort to up my priority points. Will those be worthless now?

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - monarx - 10-27-2018 06:38 PM

(10-27-2018 06:31 PM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  Think I'm going from six to zip season tixs. Plan on buying individual game tixs, will save me a couple thousand. They are taking our tailgate lot for the third time. I have four tixs to UNT, $10ea.

Yep. They’re overplaying their hand and are going to lose their most loyal fans and ticket buyers in the process. Look at what happened to U of Delaware’s program. ODUs admin needs to be careful not step in it and screw up a great thing like they did.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - Gilesfan - 10-27-2018 06:46 PM

How much are the PSLs? I will keep mine, just deduct the money I dontate already and apply to PSL

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - AimHigher - 10-27-2018 06:59 PM

(10-27-2018 06:46 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  How much are the PSLs? I will keep mine, just deduct the money I dontate already and apply to PSL

Charlottes are $1000 and $2500

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - 84Monarch - 10-27-2018 07:27 PM

So where can we find the info on this proposed PSLs. Would it be an annual fee?

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - The Doctor Is In - 10-27-2018 07:44 PM

(10-27-2018 07:27 PM)84Monarch Wrote:  So where can we find the info on this proposed PSLs. Would it be an annual fee?

Try 757-683-3369. There is a guy at that number named Camden Selig who may be able to help.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - AimHigher - 10-27-2018 07:56 PM

(10-27-2018 07:44 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  
(10-27-2018 07:27 PM)84Monarch Wrote:  So where can we find the info on this proposed PSLs. Would it be an annual fee?

Try 757-683-3369. There is a guy at that number named Camden Selig who may be able to help.

Heard that fellow is great at tanking football programs. 07-coffee3

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - bit_9 - 10-27-2018 07:56 PM

(10-27-2018 07:44 PM)The Doctor Is In Wrote:  

haha. I might need to get a plan together myself. I dropped down to the minimal donation level this year out of necessity. Kids, who knew they were expensive?! haha

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - ETSUDB8-79 - 10-27-2018 08:16 PM

Don't want to intrude on the angst some seem to enjoy but I have been told this PSL stuff is not correct for the reseating for next season. I was told that for one last time it will be done the old fashioned way we have been doing it. I am not privy to top secret info and there is always the possibility that the folks who told me this will be wrong but I doubt it. Just thought I would throw this thought out there before this thread went to far down the rabbit hole. Alas, if I am wrong my family will probably be sitting in the student endzone just looking at the Swells sitting in the rest of the new stadium.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - Old Dominion - 10-27-2018 08:19 PM

I'm retiring January 1. ODAF may be a luxury I can no longer afford. If we keep playing like this, I might just take my chances on buying single game tickets and forego the big donation.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - ODUsmitty - 10-27-2018 09:39 PM

I am barely hanging in with both boys playing competitive soccer. Went to 2 fb games and 2 bb games last year. Have been to one fb game this year. In Roanoke for soccer games tomorrow, so missed a huge 30-yr homecoming event today. I have not had a meeting with my odaf rep in 3 years, and prior to that my odaf rep changed every year. I neither feel appreciated nor cherished for my blue lot level donation, 7 fb tix, and 4 bb tix for well over a decade.

Complacency kills relationships. And for this relationship, I am the customer and am not happy.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - monarx - 10-27-2018 10:40 PM

(10-27-2018 08:16 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  Don't want to intrude on the angst some seem to enjoy but I have been told this PSL stuff is not correct for the reseating for next season. I was told that for one last time it will be done the old fashioned way we have been doing it. I am not privy to top secret info and there is always the possibility that the folks who told me this will be wrong but I doubt it. Just thought I would throw this thought out there before this thread went to far down the rabbit hole. Alas, if I am wrong my family will probably be sitting in the student endzone just looking at the Swells sitting in the rest of the new stadium.

I hope you're right. Otherwise we may open the new stadium with the fewest season tickets sold, by far.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - Monarch Homselr - 10-27-2018 10:59 PM

(10-27-2018 09:39 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  I am barely hanging in with both boys playing competitive soccer. Went to 2 fb games and 2 bb games last year. Have been to one fb game this year. In Roanoke for soccer games tomorrow, so missed a huge 30-yr homecoming event today. I have not had a meeting with my odaf rep in 3 years, and prior to that my odaf rep changed every year. I neither feel appreciated nor cherished for my blue lot level donation, 7 fb tix, and 4 bb tix for well over a decade.

Complacency kills relationships. And for this relationship, I am the customer and am not happy.

I will always appreciate and cherish you, Smitty. In fact I have never known for sure who my ODAF rep. is!

When we filled out the survey my comment (In bold and ALL CAPS) was- Do not, ever, do seat licenses! Everyone I know basically said the same thing on their surveys. They may try to call it something else...but a seat license by any other name is still is a seat license!!

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - 12thmonarch - 10-27-2018 11:07 PM

Seat Licenses will work great if you put competitive product on the field and let the fans who can shell out big bucks do their thing but if you have FCS coaches turd balling then you can't afford to demand but rather beg for what ever comes your way. If they want a huge increase in my donation by what ever name they want to call it with this kind of effort and results i would rather my dollars go to the academics than this crap that we are getting.

RE: This crappy product and then Permanent Seat Licenses in 2019 - ODUDJ96 - 10-27-2018 11:27 PM

(10-27-2018 10:40 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(10-27-2018 08:16 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  Don't want to intrude on the angst some seem to enjoy but I have been told this PSL stuff is not correct for the reseating for next season. I was told that for one last time it will be done the old fashioned way we have been doing it. I am not privy to top secret info and there is always the possibility that the folks who told me this will be wrong but I doubt it. Just thought I would throw this thought out there before this thread went to far down the rabbit hole. Alas, if I am wrong my family will probably be sitting in the student endzone just looking at the Swells sitting in the rest of the new stadium.

I hope you're right. Otherwise we may open the new stadium with the fewest season tickets sold, by far.

Agreed - I’m debating season tix next year. It’s exceptionally frustrating to watch these games (save VT). If they try to ask for more, then I’m done as far as football is concerned. Let’s see how they respond to their season tix holders walking.