CSNbbs
Who makes bowl eligibility? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Who makes bowl eligibility? (/thread-861134.html)

Pages: 1 2

Who makes bowl eligibility? - EigenEagle - 10-21-2018 08:39 AM

Already at 6 wins:
Georgia Southern (not in poll)

Not at 6 wins, all but a lock

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
Coastal Carolina (needs 2 wins)
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
@USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Not eliminated, but looking bleak

Georgia State (needs 4 wins)
Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

South Alabama (needs 4 wins)
Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

Texas State (needs 5 wins)
NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - ericsaid - 10-21-2018 08:46 AM

(10-21-2018 08:39 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Already at 6 wins:

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

All 3 maybe's have a shot. Coastal has the toughest road to ho with only Georgia State left in which they will be favored. I think Louisiana would be fun to see in a bowl. By in large, App, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, and Troy are the torch bearers for the conference. Getting each team to a Bowl helps the conference.

Coastal getting there would go a long way to helping validate their move to FBS to the naysayers and FBS purists. ULM has a decent shot with Southern and USA. Louisiana should be able to take Troy with a back up QB and has two easy wins with GSU AND USA.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - _x_ - 10-21-2018 09:00 AM

I voted for App, Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana, and Coastal.

I think the ULM/Louisiana game may decide who becomes bowl eligible in that game and right now I have the Cajuns taking that game.

That would make 6 eligible teams for 5 guaranteed spots. Hoping our 6th team gets an at-large bid somewhere if that happens. Being bowl eligible and not being chosen sucks. That happening back-to-back years to us in our first two FBS years has really set us back in my opinion.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - balanced_view - 10-21-2018 10:05 AM

(10-21-2018 09:00 AM)_x_ Wrote:  I voted for App, Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana, and Coastal.

I think the ULM/Louisiana game may decide who becomes bowl eligible in that game and right now I have the Cajuns taking that game.

That would make 6 eligible teams for 5 guaranteed spots. Hoping our 6th team gets an at-large bid somewhere if that happens. Being bowl eligible and not being chosen sucks. That happening back-to-back years to us in our first two FBS years has really set us back in my opinion.

I have the same 5 of App St, Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana, and Coastal. But i have Coastal as being the toss up. GSU may play the spoiler for Coastal. i think we could fill all 6 spots.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - Arrowhead - 10-21-2018 10:09 AM

ULM is right where we thought we would be switch the USM win with the GSU loss. Only problem is the offense has been very inconsistent. Luckily we are still in 1st in the West going in to the bye week. I really like our chances against GS, as our D is playing very well against the run and the option. I think we get 2 wins for bowl eligibility out of USA, GS, stAte, and ULL.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - balanced_view - 10-21-2018 10:15 AM

(10-21-2018 08:46 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

All 3 maybe's have a shot. Coastal has the toughest road to ho with only Georgia State left in which they will be favored. I think Louisiana would be fun to see in a bowl. By in large, App, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, and Troy are the torch bearers for the conference. Getting each team to a Bowl helps the conference.

Coastal getting there would go a long way to helping validate their move to FBS to the naysayers and FBS purists. ULM has a decent shot with Southern and USA. Louisiana should be able to take Troy with a back up QB and has two easy wins with GSU AND USA.

Louisiana still owns a torch for this conference, we just need to unpack it and dust of the cobwebs and the process has started.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - ericsaid - 10-21-2018 10:30 AM

(10-21-2018 10:15 AM)balanced_view Wrote:  

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

Louisiana still owns a torch for this conference, we just need to unpack it and dust of the cobwebs and the process has started.

Louisiana has a nationally recognized brand. Arkansas State isnt a household name but people know them. Georgia Southern has awareness throughout the south east. App beat Michigan and is now getting airtime in NY6 conversations (on ESPN 2 during the tail end of ECU and UCF for example). Troy has been successful and managed to get ranked last season.

Coastal won the National Championship in baseball. GSU was on their way to having a "cinderella" moment in basketball. Overall, the perception of the Sun Belt persists but if App can get and stay in the Top 25, unlike Troy, it will raise the conference as a whole. The Belt has a showcase game Thursday that deserves ESPN 2 rather than U and a Championship game. Likely to have 6 Bowl Teams.

#togetherwerise?

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - ericsaid - 10-21-2018 10:32 AM

Forgot ULM's wins over Arkansas and Alabama. Troy beating a ranked LSU team and Nebraska (even though it could be argued Troy shouldve been the favorite based on Nebraskas play until last week).

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - rokamortis - 10-21-2018 11:12 AM

(10-21-2018 10:15 AM)balanced_view Wrote:  Coastal has the toughest road to ho with only Georgia State left in which they will be favored.

Still not sure if our team will get there - too inconsistent, especially with the injuries at QB. But I think Georgia State and South Alabama will be our best chances to get there. But this is football, so I figure we split those and perhaps take one from App St / Ark St / Ga Southern to get to 6. Even then, not sure we'd get selected for a bowl.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - SOT1977 - 10-21-2018 12:23 PM

(10-21-2018 10:30 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

Louisiana has a nationally recognized brand. Arkansas State isnt a household name but people know them. Georgia Southern has awareness throughout the south east. App beat Michigan and is now getting airtime in NY6 conversations (on ESPN 2 during the tail end of ECU and UCF for example). Troy has been successful and managed to get ranked last season.

Coastal won the National Championship in baseball. GSU was on their way to having a "cinderella" moment in basketball. Overall, the perception of the Sun Belt persists but if App can get and stay in the Top 25, unlike Troy, it will raise the conference as a whole. The Belt has a showcase game Thursday that deserves ESPN 2 rather than U and a Championship game. Likely to have 6 Bowl Teams.

#togetherwerise?

Honestly, I'm not trying to stir up a fuss here but ULL is NOT nationally recognized brand. In fact, nearly all the Sun Belt schools are not nationally recognized brands. Get real.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - Arrowhead - 10-21-2018 01:03 PM

(10-21-2018 10:32 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Forgot ULM's wins over Arkansas and Alabama. Troy beating a ranked LSU team and Nebraska (even though it could be argued Troy shouldve been the favorite based on Nebraskas play until last week).

Do you really believe he “forgot” to include the Alabama and Arkansas wins for ULM? Yeah right. Lol.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - debragga - 10-21-2018 01:24 PM

(10-21-2018 01:03 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  
(10-21-2018 10:32 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  Forgot ULM's wins over Arkansas and Alabama. Troy beating a ranked LSU team and Nebraska (even though it could be argued Troy shouldve been the favorite based on Nebraskas play until last week).

Do you really believe he “forgot” to include the Alabama and Arkansas wins for ULM? Yeah right. Lol.

He’s referring to himself, so yes 04-cheers

Who makes bowl eligibility? - Georgia_Power_Company - 10-21-2018 02:04 PM

Looking at the upcoming games I'm hopeful we have 6 bowl teams.
GS
App
Troy
UL
stAte
Coastal

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - Arrowhead - 10-21-2018 02:49 PM

Too funny! I was too busy with my five month old to read well enough. My apologies Eric. Lol.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - BRtransplant - 10-22-2018 06:00 AM

(10-21-2018 12:23 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

#togetherwerise?

Honestly, I'm not trying to stir up a fuss here but ULL is NOT nationally recognized brand. In fact, nearly all the Sun Belt schools are not nationally recognized brands. Get real.

Winning consistently is the only thing that makes a school's brand nationally recognized. Getting ranked in the Top 25 for a few weeks does more for the recognition of a brand than anything else a school can do. Do it consistently and you will indeed become a "nationally recognized" brand. That's very hard to do. Still, App St will be noticed by every college football fan in the country this week. Congrats to the guys in Boone.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - Golota76 - 10-22-2018 07:21 AM

I live in Houston and if I tell people I went to ULM they’ll ask is that where Terry’s bradshaw went? Are y’all the Cajuns? That where Karl Malone went right? Didn’t you beat Texas AM in the 90s? Sometimes they’ll say y’all are the two QB team with the left handed QB. They’ll get it right sometimes but they rarely know all the correct details. I do a test and ask them do you know who the University of Louisiana is ? That’s LSU right. Lol
The point is not that many people know the complete details of the schools. Heck when I tell them we were playing Texas State they though they were in Soihtland still.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - kevinwmsn - 10-22-2018 10:59 AM

I have GS, App State, Ark State, Troy making bowls. Monroe and Coastal could, but it will be close. USA needs a win vs Troy just to have a shot. I don't see us making a bowl unless we can beat Troy or Arkansas State.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - Cajuns1252 - 10-22-2018 01:59 PM

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

#togetherwerise?

Hate to break it to you but we’re actually a national university where y’all are still considered a regional sorry bud.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - ericsaid - 10-22-2018 02:31 PM

App State (needs 1 win)
@GS
@Coastal
@Texas State
Georgia State
Troy

Ark State (needs 2 wins)
@UL
USA
@CCU
ULM
@Texas STate

Troy (needs 1 win)
@USA
UL
@GS
Texas State
@App

Maybe:
@GSU
App
Ark State
GS
USA

ULM (needs 2 wins)
GS
@USA
@Ark State
UL

Louisiana (needs 3 wins)
Ark State
@Troy
GSU
USA
@ULM

Coastal
Texas State
@UL
@App
GS

Troy
@Ark State
ULM
@UL
CCU

NMSU
@GSU
App State
@Troy
Ark State

#togetherwerise?

Rajin Cajun is something recognizable. It isn't a brand, but people remember it.

RE: Who makes bowl eligibility? - Golota76 - 10-22-2018 03:04 PM

(10-22-2018 02:31 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(10-21-2018 08:46 AM)ericsaid Wrote:  All 3 maybe's have a shot. Coastal has the toughest road to ho with only Georgia State left in which they will be favored. I think Louisiana would be fun to see in a bowl. By in large, App, Georgia Southern, Arkansas State, and Troy are the torch bearers for the conference. Getting each team to a Bowl helps the conference.

#togetherwerise?

Rajin Cajun is something recognizable. It isn't a brand, but people remember it.

Yes it is but when I say I went to ULM and they ask if that’s the ragin Cajuns they’re not associating ULL with it. People outside of Sunbelt have no clue what UL is and I live in Houston . People know the Ragin Cajuns but they don’t know what school it is.