CSNbbs
QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? (/thread-860528.html)

QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - Broncos83 - 10-13-2018 09:29 PM

Saw Kaleb on the sidelines a couple times today. Just curious if anyone has heard how he's progressing? I'm not even sure what his strengths are. Would be great if we had an idea what we could expect from him whenever he ends up seeing the field...next year or the year after. Kind of a mystery man.

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - ColinApocalypse - 10-13-2018 09:45 PM

The coaches seem to like him a lot. I heard he has a big arm.

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - Stampede your face!! - 10-13-2018 10:09 PM

(10-13-2018 09:29 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Saw Kaleb on the sidelines a couple times today. Just curious if anyone has heard how he's progressing? I'm not even sure what his strengths are. Would be great if we had an idea what we could expect from him whenever he ends up seeing the field...next year or the year after. Kind of a mystery man.

I'm guessing if we blow someone out soon, we are going to find out. I think Lester will want to use him a little with the new redshirt rules. But if we are fighting for the MAC West, maybe not.

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - tayle's mullet - 10-13-2018 10:13 PM

He'll hopefully get some fourth quarter mop-up snaps in Mt. Pee. Although if he didn't play against Delaware St., I doubt he will at all this season.

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - AFLAGWA - 10-13-2018 10:29 PM

(10-13-2018 10:13 PM)tayles mullet Wrote:  He'll hopefully get some fourth quarter mop-up snaps in Mt. Pee. Although if he didn't play against Delaware St., I doubt he will at all this season.

Lester said in one of his earlier pressers that he wanted to save Eleby until the final four games. With there being the potential for bowl and MAC championship game, I think he will likely build the schedule backward from there. He did say that he didn't intend to use him for mop-up duty, but if Wassink was to be injured for the season, Eleby was the guy.

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - WMUlaxer97 - 10-13-2018 10:34 PM

In the interview with Robin Hook he tells Matt Shepard to check out Eleby in the pregame. I guess the kid has a cannon arm. I posted a thread a week ago

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - BroncoPhilly - 10-14-2018 12:08 AM

I like Wassink, but he threw 2 picks today. That is one more than Zach threw the whole 2016 season. Of course, Zach had seasoned WRers to work with.

What made the 2016 season so successful was avoidance of mistakes like that. Fumbles and interceptions are absolute drive and momentum killers. We played smart in 2016, need to get back to that now.

RE: QB Kaleb Eleby - Any idea how he is progressing? - BroncoMinor - 10-14-2018 08:03 PM

(10-14-2018 12:08 AM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  I like Wassink, but he threw 2 picks today. That is one more than Zach threw the whole 2016 season. Of course, Zach had seasoned WRers to work with.

What made the 2016 season so successful was avoidance of mistakes like that. Fumbles and interceptions are absolute drive and momentum killers. We played smart in 2016, need to get back to that now.
Yep, winning the turnover game was such a big part of the 2016 team's success.

"The ball is the program"