CSNbbs
BLUE VS WHITE - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: BLUE VS WHITE (/thread-860160.html)

BLUE VS WHITE - 757ODU - 10-09-2018 06:59 AM

I have been too lazy to ask...

Anyone know if the Blue Vs. White scrimmage will be open to the public this year? I know last year it was open to the public for the tour of the Mitch. Is it always open to the public?

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - Monarchblue - 10-09-2018 09:38 AM

(10-09-2018 06:59 AM)757ODU Wrote:  I have been too lazy to ask...

Anyone know if the Blue Vs. White scrimmage will be open to the public this year? I know last year it was open to the public for the tour of the Mitch. Is it always open to the public?

I think it typically isn't. If the rules haven't changed, it counts as an exhibition game, so Blue vs White = 1 exhibition instead of 2.

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - MONARCHSWIN - 10-09-2018 10:25 AM

Was that really a scrimmage last year? Seemed to me it was more like a practice that we got to watch for a few minutes...

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - Nukesquad - 10-09-2018 12:23 PM

(10-09-2018 10:25 AM)MONARCHSWIN Wrote:  Was that really a scrimmage last year? Seemed to me it was more like a practice that we got to watch for a few minutes...

There was not a scrimmage, it was a open practice with tours of the practice facility. Last season there was a closed scrimmage with GW, then an exhibition with CNU. This year will be the same in having a closed scrimmage then exhibition with VA Wesleyan. There hasn't been a Blue/White scrimmage in several seasons.

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - 757ODU - 10-09-2018 12:26 PM

(10-09-2018 12:23 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  
(10-09-2018 10:25 AM)MONARCHSWIN Wrote:  Was that really a scrimmage last year? Seemed to me it was more like a practice that we got to watch for a few minutes...

There was not a scrimmage, it was a open practice with tours of the practice facility. Last season there was a closed scrimmage with GW, then an exhibition with CNU. This year will be the same in having a closed scrimmage then exhibition with VA Wesleyan. There hasn't been a Blue/White scrimmage in several seasons.

You're right. That's what I meant to say...open practice. Makes sense that they would only do it for 1 year, so people could tour the Mitch.

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - Monarch Homselr - 10-09-2018 10:15 PM

The Va Wesleyan game on the MBB schedule Nov. 1st is not an exhibition game open to the public?

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - DaBigBlue - 10-09-2018 10:21 PM

The closed scrimmage with GW is 10/21 and the open exhibition with Va Wesleyan is 11/1 and is part of the season tickets. Can't start soon enough.

RE: BLUE VS WHITE - Monarch Homselr - 10-10-2018 10:27 PM

Thanks, DaBig!

I greatly miss the Blue/White game. I just can't understand how the NCAA could consider that an exhibition. Some teams still do midnight madness right? Geez...they ruin all the fun.