CSNbbs
I believe it's obvious - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: I believe it's obvious (/thread-859976.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I believe it's obvious - banker - 10-06-2018 11:37 PM

There are no good football teams in this conference. We have parity based on a bunch of mediocre to sub mediocre teams. We get shredded OOC and then play pot luck every week in conference based on which group of players decides they want to give a little effort and focus for 60 minutes.

I don't think this is necessarily a CUSA problem. Seems to me that there are about 5 good, consistent FBS teams and everybody else just has a lot of players that go through the motions. I just don't see the same level of commitment, effort, focus, football IQ, or toughness that you saw even 10 years ago.

It's like watching HS football. When you go to those games you can always easily spot the one or two kids that stand out from the pack. The kid that you know will be going DI because he's just that much better. Now I see that same level of separation in college games, the couple kids on each team that just seem to be playing at a different speed and ability level. It just shouldn't be that noticeable in FBS football. The only way you see that difference is if you have guys not going 100%.

Marshall seriously only has 3-4 guys who bring it every snap they are on the field, and I would say I have noticed the same thing on the teams we have played.

RE: I believe it's obvious - Blazer4Life14 - 10-06-2018 11:56 PM

Dilly dilly!

RE: I believe it's obvious - BeagleUSM - 10-06-2018 11:57 PM

There's little talent difference between schools in the G5 ranks outside of your UCF, Houston, Boise, SDSU, etc. These games are 1-2 stars going up against 1-2 stars. Coin flips each week.

RE: I believe it's obvious - banker - 10-07-2018 12:10 AM

I think it's more of little difference in desire and sole reliance (or belief) that talent is enough.

RE: I believe it's obvious - Lizard Breath - 10-07-2018 01:45 AM

Ya , in CUSA anyone can win on any night. There are no super teams or really good teams.. a lot of teams do some things really well but are far from ass whoopers. UAB killing La Tech, UNT being outplayed by UTEP, UTSA only having like 60 yards passing & 70 rushing but beating Rice 20-3. It's just crazy. I think you'll see a lot of weird wins this year, luck will win you this conference.

RE: I believe it's obvious - Side Show Joe - 10-07-2018 07:38 AM

That didn't look like the same effort they gave last week at North Texas. Either our game was their Super Bowl, or they are in similar position to UNT. They are banged up and not at full strength. right now. UNT benefited from facing a UTEP team that is not as good as the UAB team the Dawgs faced.

I still think North Texas is a solid team. I just think we need to get healthy. Hopefully sitting our banged up players against UTEP helped us do that, and we will be back near full strength for Southern Miss.

RE: I believe it's obvious - Luckyshot - 10-07-2018 08:23 AM

(10-07-2018 07:38 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  That didn't look like the same effort they gave last week at North Texas. Either our game was their Super Bowl, or they are in similar position to UNT. They are banged up and not at full strength. right now. UNT benefited from facing a UTEP team that is not as good as the UAB team the Dawgs faced.

I still think North Texas is a solid team. I just think we need to get healthy. Hopefully sitting our banged up players against UTEP helped us do that, and we will be back near full strength for Southern Miss.

If so, you'll be back into poor shape after the game. Three Auburn offensive players weren't available for their MSU game because of the way our D manhandled them.

RE: I believe it's obvious - THUNDERStruck73 - 10-07-2018 12:11 PM

EVERY “front runner” in this league has had to eat a heapin’ helpin’ of humble pie (except MTSU)... All of the crap talking that came from some fans was hilarious. Now everyone can take inventory of exactly where their respective teams are (Marshall included).

RE: I believe it's obvious - SVHerd - 10-07-2018 12:18 PM

We suck and likely will until we make a coaching change. Problem is, we are the poorest school in the league with all Hong’s considered, area, demographics, etc. I look for our budget to shrink drastically in the next 5 years.

RE: I believe it's obvious - ATTALLABLAZE - 10-07-2018 12:37 PM

Just worried about next week. All games are big.

RE: I believe it's obvious - FAU Connoisseur - 10-07-2018 01:14 PM

We will be fine the rest of the way...just helpless hoping MTSU will lose 2. I can only see one loss the rest of the way for MTSU. Unless they pull a "Stockstill" again.

RE: I believe it's obvious - banker - 10-07-2018 02:42 PM

(10-07-2018 01:14 PM)FAU Connoisseur Wrote:  We will be fine the rest of the way...just helpless hoping MTSU will lose 2. I can only see one loss the rest of the way for MTSU. Unless they pull a "Stockstill" again.

Fine because you don't have to play any more good teams, just mediocre to bad ones that have trouble exposing your weaknesses. That's the point. You are definitely one of the best teams in this conference, but that doesn't make you good.

RE: I believe it's obvious - eaglebeaver - 10-07-2018 03:14 PM

(10-07-2018 07:38 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  That didn't look like the same effort they gave last week at North Texas. Either our game was their Super Bowl, or they are in similar position to UNT. They are banged up and not at full strength. right now. UNT benefited from facing a UTEP team that is not as good as the UAB team the Dawgs faced.

Why does everyone think it's only their team that is banged up? USM is playing it's 3rd team QB and 4th and 5th team RB's.....ya either deal with it or use it for excuses the rest o' the year as your season goes down the "turlet".04-cheers

RE: I believe it's obvious - WKUFan518 - 10-07-2018 08:23 PM

(10-07-2018 12:11 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  EVERY “front runner” in this league has had to eat a heapin’ helpin’ of humble pie (except MTSU)... All of the crap talking that came from some fans was hilarious. Now everyone can take inventory of exactly where their respective teams are (Marshall included).

Only fan base that has been constient from pre season until now is WKU fans, we pretty much all said we will suck and be lucky to win 3 games...Everyone else is like watching a roller coaster....Zero surprises so far from WKU, only surprise for me is how bad UofL is...

RE: I believe it's obvious - Side Show Joe - 10-07-2018 08:31 PM

(10-07-2018 03:14 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  

Why does everyone think it's only their team that is banged up? USM is playing it's 3rd team QB and 4th and 5th team RB's.....ya either deal with it or use it for excuses the rest o' the year as your season goes down the "turlet".04-cheers

We are dealing with it, and have no intentions of using it as an excuse. We have many more games to win. Starting Saturday against USM. 04-cheers

RE: I believe it's obvious - Tintin - 10-07-2018 09:02 PM

(10-07-2018 08:23 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(10-07-2018 12:11 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  EVERY “front runner” in this league has had to eat a heapin’ helpin’ of humble pie (except MTSU)... All of the crap talking that came from some fans was hilarious. Now everyone can take inventory of exactly where their respective teams are (Marshall included).

Only fan base that has been constient from pre season until now is WKU fans, we pretty much all said we will suck and be lucky to win 3 games...Everyone else is like watching a roller coaster....Zero surprises so far from WKU, only surprise for me is how bad UofL is...

Huge surprises in Charlotte. We’ve already won one more game than we thought.

RE: I believe it's obvious - Lizard Breath - 10-07-2018 09:08 PM

(10-07-2018 08:23 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

I rarely see UTSA fans thinking we are going to be great. We usually hold our expectations pretty realistic.

RE: I believe it's obvious - Theflash - 10-08-2018 05:58 AM

If any team is wanting to separate from the pack, now is the time to do it. UNT, Middle, possibly FAU... it’s time. Anyone else have a realistic shot?

RE: I believe it's obvious - FAU Connoisseur - 10-08-2018 06:08 AM

(10-07-2018 02:42 PM)banker Wrote:  
(10-07-2018 01:14 PM)FAU Connoisseur Wrote:  We will be fine the rest of the way...just helpless hoping MTSU will lose 2. I can only see one loss the rest of the way for MTSU. Unless they pull a "Stockstill" again.

Fine because you don't have to play any more good teams, just mediocre to bad ones that have trouble exposing your weaknesses. That's the point. You are definitely one of the best teams in this conference, but that doesn't make you good.

We only can play the games scheduled; that is the luck of the draw.

The hysterics in this conference is amazing, MTSU was writing off the season before conference play then win the next two and pretty much as long as they don't mess it up they should win the division. We all need to chill out. Sorry you all didn't stay in the MAC.

RE: I believe it's obvious - goliath74 - 10-08-2018 08:23 AM

I will be an FIU fan this week (given that we are competing against the almighty bye)