CSNbbs
Louisiana at Texas St - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Louisiana at Texas St (/thread-859664.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Louisiana at Texas St - slycat - 10-03-2018 10:37 AM

This game used to gather some interest but both fan bases are pretty apathetic recently. TXST has never beaten UL.

I enjoy playing UL a lot and hope this is the year we get this monkey off our backs.

Both teams really could use the win and turn their seasons away from being dismal.

TXST had a bye week to prep for this one but that never seems to help them in the past so I don't think it will be a factor.

May the less crappy team win.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - CAJUNNATION - 10-03-2018 11:53 AM

If we can ever get both programs rolling at the same time, this is gonna be one of the better series in the league.

I don't think it will ever be a very heated rivalry because the two fan bases don't hate each other but this will become a very well attended game in the future with lots of fans traveling for it both ways.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - slycat - 10-03-2018 12:52 PM

(10-03-2018 11:53 AM)CAJUNNATION Wrote:  If we can ever get both programs rolling at the same time, this is gonna be one of the better series in the league.

I don't think it will ever be a very heated rivalry because the two fan bases don't hate each other but this will become a very well attended game in the future with lots of fans traveling for it both ways.

I agree. I don't hate y'all at all but consider the best SBC game for us. Both schools need to get things going to get it going. Both teams have good tailgating, girls, and are similar in many ways. Hope this happens sooner than later.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - tx.state - 10-03-2018 01:03 PM

We've had some good basketball games and softball/baseball series...need football to step up.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Shof - 10-03-2018 02:17 PM

Hoping for decent weather. Driving up from New Braunfels for the game.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - _x_ - 10-05-2018 11:05 AM

Louisiana favored by 3.5.

Forecast is 40% scattered thunderstorms.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - CW Fishman - 10-05-2018 06:10 PM

I do not have a strong feel for this one. We'll see03-confused

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-05-2018 06:50 PM

(10-05-2018 06:10 PM)CW Fishman Wrote:  I do not have a strong feel for this one. We'll see03-confused

We're not just bad, we're laugh out loud awful . . .

. . until proven otherwise by a scoreboard, just go ahead and chalk up the win.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-06-2018 12:58 PM

Bobcats with a possible QB change (to Vitt). If true, I feel slightly better about our chances . . ..

. . . . perhaps Withers has “seen the light.”

Or maybe after a 1-3 start, he’s decided to go with “the guy who gives us the best chance to win.”

Or maybe here in year 3, sporting a 5-23 record, he’s starting to feel a little heat on the ‘ol seat. Coaching for his “professional life?”

Should know in a few hours if we finally get the UL monkey off our backs.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Yarddog - 10-06-2018 01:56 PM

I have a feeling Texas State will win but that does not mean anything other than I have a feeling Texas State will win.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - SoCalBobcat78 - 10-06-2018 03:04 PM

(10-06-2018 12:58 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  Bobcats with a possible QB change (to Vitt). If true, I feel slightly better about our chances . . ..

. . . . perhaps Withers has “seen the light.”

Or maybe after a 1-3 start, he’s decided to go with “the guy who gives us the best chance to win.”

Or maybe here in year 3, sporting a 5-23 record, he’s starting to feel a little heat on the ‘ol seat. Coaching for his “professional life?”

Should know in a few hours if we finally get the UL monkey off our backs.

That is 2-23 versus FBS schools. A decent FCS football program could win more than that. Withers is on the hot seat, but Teis should have a much hotter seat. If Withers is gone after this season, the guy firing him and hiring the next head coach should be the new AD.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - tx.state - 10-06-2018 05:50 PM

Lightning delay. Any of you Cajuns in San Marcos today?

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-06-2018 06:11 PM

Kickoff tentatively set for 6:25pm, San Marvelous time.

Louisiana at Texas St - AppNation85 - 10-06-2018 06:34 PM

There is no excuse for Texas State to be this bad. A marketable name, in one of the best recruiting states in the country, inbetween two huge cities, in a football crazed state. Yes there is a lot of competition but damn.

Meanwhile App is in the middle of nowhere in a basketball state with frankly a not so marketable name in a so/so recruiting state with so many FBS schools it’s crazy and we do alright.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - troutbummike - 10-06-2018 06:39 PM

(10-06-2018 06:34 PM)AppNation85 Wrote:  There is no excuse for Texas State to be this bad. A marketable name, in one of the best recruiting states in the country, inbetween two huge cities, in a football crazed state. Yes there is a lot of competition but damn.

Meanwhile App is in the middle of nowhere in a basketball state with frankly a not so marketable name in a so/so recruiting state with so many FBS schools it’s crazy and we do alright.

Based on this I thought I missed a 35-0 first quarter, but alas... it's all tied up. Texas state being in Tejas and therefore having some juggernaut program is like thinking App State basketball can beat Western Carolina. FFS.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-06-2018 06:49 PM

(10-06-2018 06:34 PM)AppNation85 Wrote:  There is no excuse for Texas State to be this bad. A marketable name, in one of the best recruiting states in the country, inbetween two huge cities, in a football crazed state.[b] Yes there is a lot of competition but damn.

You don't think you're telling us anything we didn't already know, do ya?

Bad AD + Bad Coaching = Bad Program.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-06-2018 06:52 PM

Cajuns 7, Withersball zip

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-06-2018 07:07 PM

Karl Benson at tonight's game . . .

. . . wonder if he wants to retract our invitation to The Belt.

Oh, Cajuns 14, Withersball zip.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - Bobcat87 - 10-06-2018 07:20 PM

Cajuns 21, Withersball zip.

RE: Louisiana at Texas St - troutbummike - 10-06-2018 07:28 PM

Nevermind.