CSNbbs
Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! (/thread-858874.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Wear Purple - 09-24-2018 06:08 AM

Not sure how or why, but he is one of the best posters on this board consistently.

If any of the mods (Tribal, hburg, whoever) can look into this, please do.

Something seems very off about this one.

04-jawdrop

Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Potomac - 09-24-2018 06:09 AM

Send hburg a PM.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMUNation - 09-24-2018 06:13 AM

He started our boards and was the mod there before we all moved over to these boards. This seems very odd to me. What happened?

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMUSteeler - 09-24-2018 06:47 AM

It was Tribal that Duke Dawg was "arguing" with on the W&M boards over the seemingly passive aggressive jabs regarding our transfers, but that didn't seem to be a heated exchange. It certainly wasn't something that deserves being banned over, but again I don't know if there was something somewhere that I missed. I didn't see him posting anywhere on the ODU boards, but if posting over there gets you banned then we would have to ban at least a half dozen of them for posting over here.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - MonarchManiac - 09-24-2018 09:44 AM

Most people end up banned from the politics board....does he post there?

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Wear Purple - 09-24-2018 09:46 AM

(09-24-2018 09:44 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Most people end up banned from the politics board....does he post there?

That was my first thought. I've noticed we've had a couple with JMU fanhood names along with designation that they "Root For: JMU" who have been banned and when you follow their threads it to your point goes back to political discussion battles. Not the case here as far as I can tell with Duke Dawg when looking at the threads he has participated in (at least recently). Very strange.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMU - 09-24-2018 09:51 AM

Yes, seems odd. The exchange on the WM board was pretty tame and respectful. Other recent posts were mainly non-offensive in-game kind of comments. Maybe Duke Dawg sent some DM's?

Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMUDunk - 09-24-2018 09:53 AM

What the hell?

This board (as well as the original rivals board 230 yrs ago) was freaking NAMED and founded by him.

I don’t recall having ever read something truly offensive from him ever. Unless calling the GMCC gym the rent-a-center counts.

What the hell?!?

Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMUDunk - 09-24-2018 09:56 AM

(09-24-2018 09:44 AM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Most people end up banned from the politics board....does he post there?

Nope.

Never seen a single post by him over there in 5 years.

Ima guessing this is some petty gripe by a “local” board mod.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Purplehazed - 09-24-2018 10:19 AM

Free Duke Dog

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - DoubleDogDare - 09-24-2018 10:30 AM

(09-24-2018 06:08 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Not sure how or why, but he is one of the best posters on this board consistently.

04-jawdrop

Don't expect much from Tribal if the ban was due to Duke Dog posting on W&M board. Tribal was the ignorant poster that Duke Dog was trying to correct with factual information.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMURocks - 09-24-2018 11:03 AM

What’s the deal with the 4 moderators we have here?

Looks like some sort of shared moderation responsibility with a few other CAA schools?

I know Hburg has had some circumstances that might make it hard for him to be engaged here every day.

If we can’t get this resolved with his assistance, may need to appeal to GT and revisit our mod structure here.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMad03 - 09-24-2018 11:04 AM

(09-24-2018 10:30 AM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 06:08 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Not sure how or why, but he is one of the best posters on this board consistently.

04-jawdrop

Don't expect much from Tribal if the ban was due to Duke Dog posting on W&M board. Tribal was the ignorant poster that Duke Dog was trying to correct with factual information.

Tribal posts over here, correct? If that is all that it took for Dawg to get banned, he should not be allowed to post over here.
Seems only fair to me.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - mturn017 - 09-24-2018 11:39 AM

(09-24-2018 11:03 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  What’s the deal with the 4 moderators we have here?

Looks like some sort of shared moderation responsibility with a few other CAA schools?

I know Hburg has had some circumstances that might make it hard for him to be engaged here every day.

If we can’t get this resolved with his assistance, may need to appeal to GT and revisit our mod structure here.

We have 3 ODU mods keeping the peace. Shouldn't be a problem. Someone send him GT a message and I'm sure he'll oblige. My understanding is board mods have limited authority on other pages. So if Tribal witnessed am egregious violation here he could take action otherwise he'd defer to JMU mod. If you go causing trouble on other boards though you're under their jurisdiction. I'm sure it's a temporary ban, I've only seen a couple handful of sitewide permanent bans and it has to be pretty bad. On the other hand I believe there's a more than a few Sun Belter's perm-banned from posting on CUSA board for incessant trolling. They can still post on other boards though.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Wear Purple - 09-24-2018 11:58 AM

I sent GTswagger a PM before lunch, FWIW.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - 2Buck - 09-24-2018 12:59 PM

(09-24-2018 11:39 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 11:03 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  What’s the deal with the 4 moderators we have here?

We have 3 ODU mods keeping the peace.

Well, I’m thinking all we need is a part-time hburg to moderate this board since we all know a JMU grad can easily handle 10 times the work an ODU grad can.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - Wear Purple - 09-24-2018 05:17 PM

(09-24-2018 11:58 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  I sent GTswagger a PM before lunch, FWIW.

GT Swagger's response...

He got a 72 hour ban from Tribal. I imagine this means he was flinging poo on the W&M board.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMURocks - 09-24-2018 05:25 PM

(09-24-2018 05:17 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 11:58 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  I sent GTswagger a PM before lunch, FWIW.

GT Swagger's response...

He got a 72 hour ban from Tribal. I imagine this means he was flinging poo on the W&M board.

That makes me very uncomfortable with Tribal being a moderator on our board.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMU2004 - 09-24-2018 05:39 PM

(09-24-2018 05:25 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(09-24-2018 05:17 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  

GT Swagger's response...

That makes me very uncomfortable with Tribal being a moderator on our board.

What a baby. He should not be a mod over here.

RE: Duke Dawg banned...Mods please look into this!! - JMUSteeler - 09-24-2018 05:49 PM

What a load of crap, Tribal was whining about our transfers AND he had his panties in a twist from getting a butt-kicking. Even W&M posters saw through his passive-aggressive post about it.