CSNbbs
FSU O-Line is struggling - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: FSU O-Line is struggling (/thread-858209.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - MaddDawgz02 - 09-17-2018 04:51 PM

(09-17-2018 03:47 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  "Key to NIU is to keep the ball as long as possible." Do we have to get 1st down to do that? Is that still the rule? Because that could be an issue.

What could have been an exciting rematch of the OB, now looks like a trash game, to which I expect NIU to maybe score 3 points.

I agree, very very hard barring some horrid FSU miscues inside their own 20, that NIU can come up with more 7 points in this game.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - MiamiHuskie - 09-17-2018 05:51 PM

Versus Ohio State NIU had 80 yards passing....80 yards.190 total offense.
And we lost by 1 td and were competitive the whole game.

FSU can scream that they have X amount of 4 star athletes, but so did OSU and they were ranked number 1 at the time. NIU was a 28 point dog going in.

Will we beat FSU? Probably not, but I doubt if it will be a blowout and our defense will need to play lights out yet again.

A lot of FSU people where I work. Some are predicting the blowout, but a lot are a little nervous. The Samford game was a wake-up call that the mighty Nols' are not invincible.
Hopefully CHilders will be an effective game manager and Carey and the coaches will call a good game. Keep it on the ground, establish the running game, and play mistake free ball.
And don't give up 40 yards at a time on blown long snaps.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - NILAW - 09-17-2018 06:06 PM

(09-17-2018 05:51 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  Versus Ohio State NIU had 80 yards passing....80 yards.190 total offense.
And we lost by 1 td and were competitive the whole game.

FSU can scream that they have X amount of 4 star athletes, but so did OSU and they were ranked number 1 at the time. NIU was a 28 point dog going in.

Will we beat FSU? Probably not, but I doubt if it will be a blowout and our defense will need to play lights out yet again.

A lot of FSU people where I work. Some are predicting the blowout, but a lot are a little nervous. The Samford game was a wake-up call that the mighty Nols' are not invincible.
Hopefully CHilders will be an effective game manager and Carey and the coaches will call a good game. Keep it on the ground, establish the running game, and play mistake free ball.
And don't give up 40 yards at a time on blown long snaps.

That could have and should have been 14 points. We got away with it against CMU but will not with a good team.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - NIUSAE - 09-17-2018 06:40 PM

The irony of the bad snaps by Sak is that he got his first game action against Ohio State because of bad snaps. Ebrell came in after the -40 yarder. Sak wasn't snapping all that well last year, especially at Buffalo, as even his mother said to no one in particular at the game.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - BDB5yp - 09-17-2018 06:42 PM

(09-17-2018 06:40 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  The irony of the bad snaps by Sak is that he got his first game action against Ohio State because of bad snaps. Ebrell came in after the -40 yarder. Sak wasn't snapping all that well last year, especially at Buffalo, as even his mother said to no one in particular at the game.

If the snaps are bad, we will lose by 40. Lol

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - Huskie_Jon - 09-17-2018 07:46 PM

(09-17-2018 11:24 AM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  I don't even know where to start... except I am glad for NFL football on Sundays. Francois is actually accurate in deep throws and most intermediate throws. His accuracy is not the problem. He has had ZERO time to throw the ball. We have 4 or 5 star athletes at every skill position on the field on offense. However, we are running 2 and 3 star O lineman out there. We have had 4 quit or transfer this year. We have 2 that are missing for injuries. One that is now a converted D lineman trying to learn. Recruiting that position has sucked for years now and we are seeing what happens when you don't focus on that group.

FSU should win by 3 touchdowns on Saturday. However, when you are 130 out of 130 teams in scoring offense, we could lose by 2 touchdowns because our defense is out there 40 of the 60 minutes. Key to NIU is to keep the ball as long as possible. I would hand it off every chance I can. I expect it to be a real low scoring affair going into halftime. At that point, whoever has TOP advantage at the end of the game will probably win.

I don't know which Florida team you cheer for on Sundays, but all three are undefeated. *

*Go Dolphins!

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - PiKappNoleATL - 09-17-2018 10:08 PM

(09-17-2018 07:46 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  I don't know which Florida team you cheer for on Sundays, but all three are undefeated. *

*Go Dolphins!

Actually grew up a Falcons fan as the bucs and dolphins were not great, and jaguars were not around. Also, being a Deion Sanders fan, kind of followed him to Atlanta. Been loyal, but I root for the Bucs.

Dolphins just too close to the U, and I hate the Canes. lol.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - HuskiePride12 - 09-17-2018 10:09 PM

Another lineman ruled out today by taggert. I’m liking our Ds chances. Hope our oline plays up to its potential the whole game.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - HuskieJoe - 09-17-2018 10:36 PM

Noles hurt themselves with penalties also, 90 yards worth last game. That could be an area of advantage for NIU, take anything we can get. Though you never know how the ACC refs will call the game.

Syracuse pounded the rock 57 times for over 200 yards against the Noles D. If we can get 40 runs for 150 yards and complete a few passes, this game is winnable.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - pantone1935 - 09-18-2018 08:28 AM

This should explain it: https://www.tampabay.com/sports/fsu-seminoles/2018/09/17/willie-taggart-inherited-a-rough-offensive-line-situation-that-has-gotten-even-worse/

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - Boca Rocket - 09-18-2018 09:45 AM

(09-17-2018 10:08 PM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  
(09-17-2018 07:46 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  I don't know which Florida team you cheer for on Sundays, but all three are undefeated. *

*Go Dolphins!

Actually grew up a Falcons fan as the bucs and dolphins were not great, and jaguars were not around. Also, being a Deion Sanders fan, kind of followed him to Atlanta. Been loyal, but I root for the Bucs.

Dolphins just too close to the U, and I hate the Canes. lol.

Blame Trickett for FSU's current OL problems.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - PiKappNoleATL - 09-18-2018 11:34 AM

(09-18-2018 09:45 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Blame Trickett for FSU's current OL problems.

Trickett, sure, blame for the recruiting and coaching up to this point is on him. In game adjustments when you know you can not field a competent O-Line falls squarely on Taggart. Other teams have poor Olines but make adjustments. This saturday will be interesting, and traveling to the Notre Dame game in November has lost its luster a bit. Would rather be miserable and drunk indoors, than miserable, cold and surrounded by ND fans outdoors at that time of year.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - Boca Rocket - 09-18-2018 11:50 AM

(09-18-2018 11:34 AM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  
(09-18-2018 09:45 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Blame Trickett for FSU's current OL problems.

Trickett, sure, blame for the recruiting and coaching up to this point is on him. In game adjustments when you know you can not field a competent O-Line falls squarely on Taggart. Other teams have poor Olines but make adjustments. This saturday will be interesting, and traveling to the Notre Dame game in November has lost its luster a bit. Would rather be miserable and drunk indoors, than miserable, cold and surrounded by ND fans outdoors at that time of year.

Trickett's old school demeanor drove off a number of recruits and caused players to tranfer. A number of the high profile OL that did sign with FSU did not pan out.
Game adjustments are Taggert's and staff. I heard there will be some changes being made for NIU and on.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - PiKappNoleATL - 09-18-2018 01:01 PM

(09-18-2018 11:50 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Trickett's old school demeanor drove off a number of recruits and caused players to tranfer. A number of the high profile OL that did sign with FSU did not pan out.
Game adjustments are Taggert's and staff. I heard there will be some changes being made for NIU and on.

For sure, that didn't help. By changes, do you mean First Downs on Offense? We can't line up correctly, we can't run the ball, we have delay of games after a time out, or first play of a quarter, run the exact same play on first down... Read option to the right side, and drop passes if we get a throw off in time. Changes??? I feel like putting on my best Jim Mora Sr. voice and saying FSU can't do diddly poo out there. Changes would be the only thing to expect.

Basically, the Syracuse game...

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - BDB5yp - 09-18-2018 01:08 PM

(09-18-2018 01:01 PM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  
(09-18-2018 11:50 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Trickett's old school demeanor drove off a number of recruits and caused players to tranfer. A number of the high profile OL that did sign with FSU did not pan out.

For sure, that didn't help. By changes, do you mean First Downs on Offense? We can't line up correctly, we can't run the ball, we have delay of games after a time out, or first play of a quarter, run the exact same play on first down... Read option to the right side, and drop passes if we get a throw off in time. Changes??? I feel like putting on my best Jim Mora Sr. voice and saying FSU can't do diddly poo out there. Changes would be the only thing to expect.

Basically, the Syracuse game...

This is great. 04-bow If only more coaches including ours took responsibility for sucking. Coaches sound like politicians these days. Just tell us the freakin truth and fix it 03-banghead

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - NIU007 - 09-18-2018 06:04 PM

(09-18-2018 11:34 AM)PiKappNoleATL Wrote:  

I would rather be miserable and cold outdoors than be surrounded by ND fans anywhere.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - Bronc33 - 09-19-2018 01:05 PM

I have no idea how FSU allowed Syracuse to score 30 without Dungy in there. He's their whole team. You guys should be able to put up points against them if they let that guy beat them.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - pantone1935 - 09-19-2018 01:43 PM

Tallahassee Democrat reported the Noles had a players only meeting and all said things were fine. We will see if it makes a difference Saturday.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - MiamiHuskie - 09-19-2018 05:18 PM

(09-19-2018 01:05 PM)Bronc33 Wrote:  I have no idea how FSU allowed Syracuse to score 30 without Dungy in there. He's their whole team. You guys should be able to put up points against them if they let that guy beat them.

Our offense is horrible, plain and simple. We'll be lucky to score 2 touchdowns, maybe a field goal.

Our D will have to win this game, or least keep it tight.

RE: FSU O-Line is struggling - Policiious - 09-22-2018 12:42 PM

If the HUskies can run the football effectively which FSU has shown they are vulnerable to this season and stop giving away points with turnovers NIU has a chance to pull out a win. Will need a big game from Dline, Smith, Cochoran, Lorbeck & LeRoy are going to have to own the LOS and cause turnovers.