CSNbbs
Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? (/thread-858134.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Mr.BigBlue - 02-08-2019 09:24 AM

OX is a very good player and will be the first Monarch drafted in the NFL. I think when everything is factored in you will see him go in rounds 3-5 somewhere. The only way this changes is if he blows up the combine.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - CalODUFan - 02-08-2019 09:52 AM

(02-08-2019 09:24 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  OX is a very good player and will be the first Monarch drafted in the NFL. I think when everything is factored in you will see him go in rounds 3-5 somewhere. The only way this changes is if he blows up the combine.

You are clueless. His floor is the middle of second round. I guess you know better than all of the legitimate draft experts.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - 757ODU - 02-08-2019 10:06 AM

(02-07-2019 02:49 PM)Blue Moon Rising Wrote:  what am i missing? Oshane played on one of the worst defensive team in the country. In the games I saw him play on TV he really did not stand out and your saying he may get drafted in the first round???

SMH!!!!!

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 02-08-2019 10:21 AM

(02-08-2019 09:24 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  OX is a very good player and will be the first Monarch drafted in the NFL. I think when everything is factored in you will see him go in rounds 3-5 somewhere. The only way this changes is if he blows up the combine.

No, the only way he goes 3-5 in the draft is if he has a terrible combine.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - AimHigher - 02-08-2019 12:50 PM

(02-08-2019 09:52 AM)CalODUFan Wrote:  

You are clueless. His floor is the middle of second round. I guess you know better than all of the legitimate draft experts.

(10-07-2018 11:25 AM)CalODUFan Wrote:  As a former NFL agent, you are wrong about that. Ximines will be a second round pick. Duhart is not fast enough to be drafted high. He has not even been on draft boards before this season. If he runs a 4.6, then maybe 5-7 round. If he runs a 4.7 which is what he was pegged at as a recruit, he won't be drafted and will be an UDFA. Fulgham has no chance to be drafted. He does not have the hands or ball skills.

Cal, do you still feel Fulgham doesn't have a chance to be drafted? 05-stirthepot We all can be clueless at times COGS

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - CalODUFan - 02-08-2019 12:56 PM

(02-08-2019 12:50 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  

(10-07-2018 11:25 AM)CalODUFan Wrote:  As a former NFL agent, you are wrong about that. Ximines will be a second round pick. Duhart is not fast enough to be drafted high. He has not even been on draft boards before this season. If he runs a 4.6, then maybe 5-7 round. If he runs a 4.7 which is what he was pegged at as a recruit, he won't be drafted and will be an UDFA. Fulgham has no chance to be drafted. He does not have the hands or ball skills.

Cal, do you still feel Fulgham doesn't have a chance to be drafted? 05-stirthepot We all can be clueless at times COGS

That was written before Fulgham had a breakout season. He improved tremendously. No draft evaluator in his right mind would have said he was draftable before that when I wrote that post. Circumstances change during the course of a player's career, but now, after their careers are over and we are in the late stages of the draft process, there is a lot clearer picture of whether a player will be drafted and where someone will be drafted. Saying Ximines is a 3rd to 5th rounder now is just ill-informed, unless something drastic happens before the draft.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - VB Monarch - 02-08-2019 12:58 PM

I wouldn't go bat shet on Mr BB. One thing I've noticed is we fans tend to greatly over value our players and I( think so called "draft experts" do as well, at times.
The one hang up here is the GMs, coaches and others involved in evaluating talent may have other ideas about how to use a player. They may be looking for things we don't have any clue about.
Seems to me the only really reliable info on a player would come from the staffs of the actual teams and they aint talkin ( I don't think) correct me if I'm wrong CALODU.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - AimHigher - 02-08-2019 12:59 PM

(02-08-2019 12:56 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  

That was written before Fulgham had a breakout season. He improved tremendously. No draft evaluator in his right mind would have said he was draftable before that when I wrote that post. Circumstances change during the course of a player's career, but now, after their careers are over and we are in the late stages of the draft process, there is a lot clearer picture of whether a player will be drafted and where someone will be drafted. Saying Ximines is a 3rd to 5th rounder now is just ill-informed, unless something drastic happens before the draft.

I'm just messing with ya! 04-cheers What do you currently think of Fulgham and Duhart draft chances are now?

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - CalODUFan - 02-08-2019 01:18 PM

(02-08-2019 12:59 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  

I'm just messing with ya! 04-cheers What do you currently think of Fulgham and Duhart draft chances are now?

Fulgham is likely 5th to 7th. Duhart will be a priority UDFA with an outside chance of sneaking into 7th round. It is true that the Draft is an inexact science and I have been surprised before (especially with my players). However, so much info is out there on the top 100 players like Ximines, it is pretty easy to predict where they will fall now.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Mr.BigBlue - 02-08-2019 02:01 PM

Really...Think about how many LB and edge rushers are in this draft that are bigger and faster than OX. Also, many other factors get added to the draft like position needs, trades, etc. You can express your point without calling people and fellow monarchs a name. I would hope all monarchs fans are above that. Also...I expect you will issue an apology when the draft occurs if he drafted in rounds 3-5.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Mr.BigBlue - 02-08-2019 02:05 PM

(02-08-2019 10:21 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Now your story is changing ...why ? When I stated my opinion and the opinion of other draft experts, it included the possibilities of his performance at the combine against others at the combine and in the draft. Seems like you are hedging.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Mr.BigBlue - 02-08-2019 02:06 PM

(02-08-2019 01:18 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 12:59 PM)AimHigh Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 09:52 AM)CalODUFan Wrote:  You are clueless. His floor is the middle of second round. I guess you know better than all of the legitimate draft experts.

Fulgham is likely 5th to 7th. Duhart will be a priority UDFA with an outside chance of sneaking into 7th round. It is true that the Draft is an inexact science and I have been surprised before (especially with my players). However, so much info is out there on the top 100 players like Ximines, it is pretty easy to predict where they will fall now.

Fulgham is likely a late 6 to 7th round pick. However it might be better for him to go as an UDFA.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 02-08-2019 02:25 PM

(02-08-2019 02:01 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  

Really...Think about how many LB and edge rushers are in this draft that are bigger and faster than OX. Also, many other factors get added to the draft like position needs, trades, etc. You can express your point without calling people and fellow monarchs a name. I would hope all monarchs fans are above that. Also...I expect you will issue an apology when the draft occurs if he drafted in rounds 3-5.

Bosa- 6-3 265 4.75 40
Gary 6-5 287 5.00 40 (might be 3-4 DE or DT)
Polite 6-2 260 4.8
Ferrell 6-5 265 4.77
Sweat 6-6 241 4.6
Allen 6-4 285 4.85
Burns 6-5 235 4.7
Ferguson 6-5 255 4.72
Winovich 6-2 258 4.7
Ximenes 6-3 252 4.65

Most people have it:
Bosa
Allen
Ferrell or Sweat
Polite
Ximines or Burns

The puts X at 6 or 7. Just use 10. You don't think there are going to be 10 edge rushers drafted in the first 2-3 rounds? There could be 7 in just the first round.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 02-08-2019 02:26 PM

(02-08-2019 02:05 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 10:21 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  

Now your story is changing ...why ? When I stated my opinion and the opinion of other draft experts, it included the possibilities of his performance at the combine against others at the combine and in the draft. Seems like you are hedging.

Im not hedging at all. I've said all along that his floor is probably mid-to-late second. If he has a terrible combine, he could move back. At this point he's comfortably in the top 40.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - paintedblue2 - 02-08-2019 02:35 PM

(02-08-2019 02:01 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  

I’m going to go with the predictions of CalODUFan who has experience in the area of pro player analysis, and with those of many other professional NFL draft analysts on this one. Depending on team needs, and barring any surprises in his combine performance I think OX will go from #24-#45.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - CalODUFan - 02-08-2019 03:01 PM

(02-08-2019 12:58 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  I wouldn't go bat shet on Mr BB. One thing I've noticed is we fans tend to greatly over value our players and I( think so called "draft experts" do as well, at times.
The one hang up here is the GMs, coaches and others involved in evaluating talent may have other ideas about how to use a player. They may be looking for things we don't have any clue about.
Seems to me the only really reliable info on a player would come from the staffs of the actual teams and they aint talkin ( I don't think) correct me if I'm wrong CALODU.

I wasn't trying to personally insult him but just to say he is misinformed. And, you are right that there are a lot of intangibles involved in the draft process, which is where Ximines absolutely shines with the intangibles of character, personalty, leadership, determination, humility, hard work, team work etc. Again, I am not saying the draft cannot be unpredictable, and there are still events to happen such as the Indy combines and Pro Day which could elevate or depress his draft status. However, with all of the data we have so far, it is not logical to say Ximines is a 3rd to 5th round pick. Mid second is his floor right now. Anywhere from 25 to 40 is where he slots now.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Mr.BigBlue - 02-08-2019 03:58 PM

(02-08-2019 03:01 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 12:58 PM)VB Monarch Wrote:  I wouldn't go bat shet on Mr BB. One thing I've noticed is we fans tend to greatly over value our players and I( think so called "draft experts" do as well, at times.

I wasn't trying to personally insult him but just to say he is misinformed. And, you are right that there are a lot of intangibles involved in the draft process, which is where Ximines absolutely shines with the intangibles of character, personalty, leadership, determination, humility, hard work, team work etc. Again, I am not saying the draft cannot be unpredictable, and there are still events to happen such as the Indy combines and Pro Day which could elevate or depress his draft status. However, with all of the data we have so far, it is not logical to say Ximines is a 3rd to 5th round pick. Mid second is his floor right now. Anywhere from 25 to 40 is where he slots now.
We shall see...people I know in the scouting business with a couple of teams tell me otherwise. When the day comes for teams to lay their pick on the table with the their needs and money on the line they are confident the risks are too high for 1 -2 round $.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - CalODUFan - 02-08-2019 04:54 PM

(02-08-2019 03:58 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 03:01 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  

We shall see...people I know in the scouting business with a couple of teams tell me otherwise. When the day comes for teams to lay their pick on the table with the their needs and money on the line they are confident the risks are too high for 1 -2 round $.

Anything is possible, and a lot more can happen. There are 32 teams so there will be many different opinions. It just takes one team to like him enough. I can't imagine a scenario where he is not drafted in the first 2 rounds given what is on the table now with his college productivity, Senior Bowl performance, All-Star challenge and intangibles. We will know a lot more after his Indy combine measurables (40 and bench press) are in. Also, you should be aware that big time agents don't sign players like Ximines and spend a ton of money on his draft preparation unless they are sure he is a first or second day pick (they get inside info from player personnel people and scouts), and he has signed with a big time agency who is spending a ton of money on him. They know.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Big Bluezilla - 02-12-2019 12:22 PM

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - CalODUFan - 02-15-2019 01:29 PM

Latest CBS Sports mock draft has Ximines going no. 22 to Baltimore:

22 RAVENS
Oshane Ximines, EDGE, Old Dominion
At 6-foot-3 and a little north of 240 pounds, Ximines has a stand-up edge rusher body type and the pass-rushing moves to win with more than just speed and bend around the corner. Perfect addition in Baltimore.