CSNbbs
Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? (/thread-858134.html)

Pages: 1 2

Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Old Dom Swag - 09-15-2018 04:59 PM

Wow, this is unexpected...from Bleacher Report

Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Best 2019 Draft Prospect You've Never Heard of

"The tape I watched showed a player worthy of an early-season top-32 ranking. He might not climb as high as Mack did during his senior year at Buffalo, but he's higher than Davenport was at this time last year as a mid-round project.

In talking to an NFL general manager about Ximines, he got excited about his potential. He also jokingly asked me to not write about him, hoping he'd stay under the radar.

It's too late for that. Ximines is a budding star."

Full article: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795578-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-best-2019-draft-prospect-youve-never-heard-of?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 09-15-2018 05:01 PM

If I remember right, Davenport jumped up with a monster combine. Im not sure how OXs will go; that will likely decide.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - GotLabradors - 09-15-2018 05:24 PM

Senior Bowl officials talked to him after UNCC game.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - ODUDJ96 - 09-15-2018 05:32 PM

I could see him going in the third or fourth round. I noticed our competition typically double team him from their backfield/chip blocking. And when they don’t - he embarrasses the person trying to block him.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - cmett003 - 09-19-2018 03:49 PM

If he puts up over 10 sacks and has a good game vs VT he could go second round.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Old Dominion - 09-19-2018 03:50 PM

We tend to over value our kids. I say 3-4 round.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 09-19-2018 05:14 PM

(09-19-2018 03:50 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  We tend to over value our kids. I say 3-4 round.

Lol, none of is know until the combine, whih is big for guys in G5.

At least one area scout has a first round grade on him right now.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Mr.BigBlue - 09-19-2018 05:18 PM

Lets see how he does against VT and a real OT. I bet VT does not start out with double teams on obvious passing situations. I think just getting drafted says something about his capabilities.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Petey Hodge - 09-20-2018 09:30 AM

Speaking of NFL players.... in the colts game, the announcers said that Zach Pascal would receive the kickoff. That was cool

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - ODUDrunkard13 - 09-20-2018 02:19 PM

Harry wrote a good piece on OX;
https://www.odu.edu/news/2018/9/oshane_ximines_featu?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=interactive&utm_campaign=HP-Slider#.W6PxzekpB-F

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - jumpshooter - 09-20-2018 02:40 PM

Nice piece. Harry's hot, wrote a good story on the field hockey coach and his transformation. Great hire for ODU.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - ODUDrunkard13 - 09-20-2018 02:44 PM

(09-20-2018 02:40 PM)jumpshooter Wrote:  Nice piece. Harry's hot, wrote a good story on the field hockey coach and his transformation. Great hire for ODU.

Agreed, fantastic hire. He just put out another good piece on Duhart's return to the field.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - MonGNARch - 09-21-2018 03:25 PM

(09-20-2018 09:30 AM)Petey Hodge Wrote:  Speaking of NFL players.... in the colts game, the announcers said that Zach Pascal would receive the kickoff. That was cool

I had 9th row seats in the end zone at the Redskins game last weekend. Zach lined up in the end zone in front of me and my friend and we were trying to yell "ODU" and do the ODU arm signals at him to get his attention but he never caught on. While I hated seeing the skins lose in such a sucky way, it was great seeing a Monarch suit up

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Razor Ramon Monarch - 09-22-2018 06:42 PM

He looks like an NFL player to me.

Quick initial burst off the line, strong hands, good tackler and smart.

Huge game today against Tech will help him get on everyone’s radar.

2nd rounder seems possible depending on his combine.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Nukesquad - 09-22-2018 06:52 PM

(09-22-2018 06:42 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  He looks like an NFL player to me.

Quick initial burst off the line, strong hands, good tackler and smart.

Huge game today against Tech will help him get on everyone’s radar.

2nd rounder seems possible depending on his combine.

This was a key game for his stock. Keep this up, and you'll be making a paycheck shortly!!!!

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - ODUsmitty - 09-22-2018 06:56 PM

Add fulham and duhart to that consideration. They were just better...........

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - cmett003 - 10-02-2018 08:19 AM

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 10-02-2018 08:28 AM

(09-22-2018 06:56 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Add fulham and duhart to that consideration. They were just better...........

Duhart might be moving into consideration to being drafted. I don't think Fulgham has a chance. Duhart is just a monster, he could be in consideration for an all american spot.

I would guess Clarke has moved down the list so far this year.

Ward has the measurables to make some noise, I wonder if a team will try to develop him.

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - cmett003 - 10-02-2018 10:36 AM

More on Oshane

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-jachai-polite-oshane-ximines-and-the-unheralded-edge-rushers-with-serious-nfl-talent/

RE: Oshane Ximines: Potential 1st Round Pick??? - Gilesfan - 10-02-2018 10:52 AM

The NFL looks for pass rushers that can "bend" the edge. Its not something we see a ton from Ox with, but it he shows he can do it, he might be a first rounder. He's a technician with very good timing. And it may just be easier for him to get pressure that way than "bending the edge." On top of that, we are pretty structured on defense (maybe too much) and I wonder if he's instructed to not get too far out of his lane.