CSNbbs
Power Rankings After Week 2 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Power Rankings After Week 2 (/thread-857563.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Power Rankings After Week 2 - EigenEagle - 09-08-2018 11:30 PM

1. App State - had them 2 last week, moving them up to 1 now. Great showing my Thomas.
2. Arkansas State - Kind of thought they'd keep it a little closer, but I'm not going to let anyone jump them yet.
3. Troy - Did better this week, ran the ball well. I think Brown is getting the cobwebs clean
4. ULM - nice win over USM.
5. Louisiana - still like what they did in week 1
6. Georgia Southern - easily handled a UMass team that finished really strong last year and beating App State. They will win some games.
7. South Alabama - still have a problem with the running game
8. Coastal - I might take heat for this, but I wasn't super impressed with UAB in week 1. I think CCU looks good on offense, but it'll take more than a game to move Coastal up.
9. Georgia State - underwhelmed with them at NC State.
10. Texas State - Yikes. At least they won.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - TroyFootball05 - 09-08-2018 11:40 PM

1. App State - Clear #1 after OT with PSU and dominating Charlotte
2. Louisiana Monroe - Good win over a decent Southern Miss team.
3. Coastal - Great statement win. The beach chickens were my most improved team preseason, and it shows. Might be too high here. Need to see more.
4. Troy - dominating win over their FCS opponent. Pass defense is worrisome.
4. Arkansas State - will likely move up when conference play starts.
5. Georgia State - solid win over a Top 10 FCS. Blowout by a good P5 team.
5. Georgia Southern - solid win over a tricky UMASS program. Eagles well on their way.
6. Louisiana - need to see more after a decent FCS win.
7. South Alabama - Will get better as the year progresses.
10. Texas State - Less than dominating performance against a bottom 10 FCS program.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - debragga - 09-08-2018 11:56 PM

App
Troy
StAte
ULM
GaSo
Coastal
ULL
GSU
USA
TxSt

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - HCJag - 09-09-2018 12:01 AM

App is the clear #1 and Texas State is probably on the bottom. Everyone else is in the middle, somewhere. You could probably match any of the other 8 teams against the other team opponents and get the same results. Bring on conference play.

Nice win today Chants.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - ChooChoo - 09-09-2018 12:23 AM

(09-09-2018 12:01 AM)HCJag Wrote:  App is the clear #1 and Texas State is probably on the bottom. Everyone else is in the middle, somewhere. You could probably match any of the other 8 teams against the other team opponents and get the same results. Bring on conference play.

Nice win today Chants.

I think you’re probably the most accurate. At this juncture I’d even say it’s App #1 and a 9 way tie for last. We all have issues but have shown glimmers of hope.
As for GSU, I certainly don’t think we are #9 of 10. NC St played a good game but we were clearly playing them well until deep in the 4th. Securing a sure pick six in the first, getting a correct first down call on a critical drive, plus going for it instead of using our woeful FG kicker on 2 occasions and we make that game a lot closer. They were a better team but not 34 points better. That’s the perfect kind team and school that I’d love to schedule a long term series with.
Overall it’s going to be a battle once conference play starts. I think the vast majority of us are pretty equally yoked.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Atlanta Trojan - 09-09-2018 06:45 AM

We have got to fix our Pass protection.

Florida A&M had guys wide open too many times

Overall we looked better especially on offense.

It’s hard to judge where Troy sits playing a team like Boise State who just beat their opponent 62-7 and is likely a undefeated team at seasons end vs a mediocre FCS team.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Georgia_Power_Company - 09-09-2018 07:02 AM

1. App St
2. ULM
3. stAte
4. Troy
t5. GS
t5. Coastal
7. Louisiana
8. GSU
9. USA
10. TXST

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - EigenEagle - 09-09-2018 07:15 AM

No matter who you put at 9 it doesn't look right to me.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - TrojansOneandAll - 09-09-2018 07:17 AM

App
Troy
stAte
ULM
Coastal
Georgia Southern
Georgia State
Texas State
South
Louisiana (1 game)

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Atlanta Trojan - 09-09-2018 07:18 AM

1. App st
2. ULM
3. GA Southern
4. Coastal
5. Troy
6. stAte
7. Louisiana
8. Ga State
9. South Alabama
10. Texas state

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Golota76 - 09-09-2018 07:36 AM

(09-08-2018 11:30 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  1. App State - had them 2 last week, moving them up to 1 now. Great showing my Thomas.
2. Arkansas State - Kind of thought they'd keep it a little closer, but I'm not going to let anyone jump them yet.
3. Troy - Did better this week, ran the ball well. I think Brown is getting the cobwebs clean
4. ULM - nice win over USM.
5. Louisiana - still like what they did in week 1
6. Georgia Southern - easily handled a UMass team that finished really strong last year and beating App State. They will win some games.
7. South Alabama - still have a problem with the running game
8. Coastal - I might take heat for this, but I wasn't super impressed with UAB in week 1. I think CCU looks good on offense, but it'll take more than a game to move Coastal up.
9. Georgia State - underwhelmed with them at NC State.
10. Texas State - Yikes. At least they won.

Just FYI Grambling State lost to Northwesten LA State 34-7.

Power Rankings After Week 2 - panama - 09-09-2018 08:28 AM

(09-09-2018 12:23 AM)ChooChoo Wrote:  
(09-09-2018 12:01 AM)HCJag Wrote:  App is the clear #1 and Texas State is probably on the bottom. Everyone else is in the middle, somewhere. You could probably match any of the other 8 teams against the other team opponents and get the same results. Bring on conference play.

Nice win today Chants.

I think you’re probably the most accurate. At this juncture I’d even say it’s App #1 and a 9 way tie for last. We all have issues but have shown glimmers of hope.
As for GSU, I certainly don’t think we are #9 of 10. NC St played a good game but we were clearly playing them well until deep in the 4th. Securing a sure pick six in the first, getting a correct first down call on a critical drive, plus going for it instead of using our woeful FG kicker on 2 occasions and we make that game a lot closer. They were a better team but not 34 points better. That’s the perfect kind team and school that I’d love to schedule a long term series with.
Overall it’s going to be a battle once conference play starts. I think the vast majority of us are pretty equally yoked.

We can’t run block and we can’t stop any passes attall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power Rankings After Week 2 - panama - 09-09-2018 08:29 AM

(09-09-2018 07:15 AM)EigenEagle Wrote:  No matter who you put at 9 it doesn't look right to me.

Because it’s too early to rank. We don’t know whats what yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Arrowhead - 09-09-2018 08:32 AM

What a difference a week makes:

1) App - appears to be the class of the conference
2) ULM - may not stay here, but nice win and if defense can play like this, when offense gets back to form, has a legitimate shot at the West.
3) Troy- looked more like what we expected this week.
4)stAte - hard to tell. Two blowouts. Struggled 1st half with Southwest Missouri and got embarrassed by Alabama. All of us probably would too though.
5) Coastal - this team scares me. Nice win over UAB
6) Georgia Southern - Looks like turning back around this year.
7) ULL - 1-0, but against Grambling who a bad NW St. smacked around too.
8) USA - goodntry against Tech, but need a win
9) Georgia St. - unimpressive yesterday.
10) Texas St. - what can you say.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - TrueBlueDrew - 09-09-2018 08:51 AM

Just based on this week

1. Appy. Stomped a CUSA school in the mud.
2. CCU. Handedly beat a previous CUSA bowl team.
3. ULM. Pulled the win against a previous CUSA bowl team.
4. Troy. Took out their anger from last week against FAMU.
5. GS. Sprinted past an on again, off again UMASS team.
6. TXST. A win is a win. Relish in it.
T7. USA
T7. GAST. Both USA and GAST dragged by schools sitting right outside the top 25. Nothing to be ashamed of but still not good performances.

Unrankable:
Louisiana - Did not play
Arkansas State - Not a game but an offering to the football gods to ensure a bountiful season.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Crustymeatloaf - 09-09-2018 09:05 AM

I'm going to separate teams into groups, since it's still so early and hard to determine how good each team is yet.

Top tier:
App state
Troy
Ark state

Mid tier:
Georgia Southern
Costal Carolina
ULM
ULL

Bottom tier:
Georgia State
South Alabama
Texas State

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - GSUALUM17 - 09-09-2018 09:21 AM

Aside from App, Troy, and Ark State, I doubt any other SunBelt team would have done any better against NCST 07-coffee3

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - panama - 09-09-2018 09:35 AM

(09-09-2018 09:21 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Aside from App, Troy, and Ark State, I doubt any other SunBelt team would be done any better against NCST 07-coffee3
You're wasting your keystrokes :)

On to Memphis

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - Golota76 - 09-09-2018 09:44 AM

(09-09-2018 09:21 AM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Aside from App, Troy, and Ark State, I doubt any other SunBelt team would have done any better against NCST 07-coffee3
Yeah you actually don’t know that.

RE: Power Rankings After Week 2 - EigenEagle - 09-09-2018 09:46 AM

ESPN FPI says:
1. App State (55)
2. Georgia Southern (85)
3. Arkansas State (92)
4. Troy (98)
5. ULM (106)
6. Coastal Carolina (113)
7. Louisiana (120)
8. South Alabama (121)
9. Georgia State (122)