CSNbbs
Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) (/thread-857075.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Rabid Squirrel - 09-03-2018 09:56 AM

I know everyone is pissed. Maybe more so disappointed. Or equally both - Pissapointed? And until the offensive passing game is fixed this team won’t succeed. So let’s try and pretend that this situation gets rectified somehow and we can focus on other positive areas that may make this team really really good.(it would be a really good team if it had a passing game).

I found numerous positive players on the field in Kinnick for the Huskies.
One I’ll mention was Lorback. I thought he looked active and quick.

Who did you think looked good?

(Work with me here. I’m trying to not have a crap attitude for the next 12 weeks about this team)

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - badmoonrising13 - 09-03-2018 10:06 AM

The defense absolutely balled the first half. Harbs, Nettles, and Wesley are ballers. Too bad the this awful coaching staff refuse or can’t get them the ball. Idiots.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - badmoonrising13 - 09-03-2018 10:08 AM

(09-03-2018 09:56 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I know everyone is pissed. Maybe more so disappointed. Or equally both - Pissapointed? And until the offensive passing game is fixed this team won’t succeed. So let’s try and pretend that this situation gets rectified somehow and we can focus on other positive areas that may make this team really really good.(it would be a really good team if it had a passing game).

(Work with me here. I’m trying to not have a crap attitude for the next 12 weeks about this team)

Pissapointed! You need to coin that and copyright it! 03-lmfao

Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Dog Fan - 09-03-2018 10:15 AM

(09-03-2018 10:08 AM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  
(09-03-2018 09:56 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I know everyone is pissed. Maybe more so disappointed. Or equally both - Pissapointed? And until the offensive passing game is fixed this team won’t succeed. So let’s try and pretend that this situation gets rectified somehow and we can focus on other positive areas that may make this team really really good.(it would be a really good team if it had a passing game).

Pissapointed! You need to coin that and copyright it! 03-lmfao

Seriously! I often use those words together and now I have one word to take care of both. And it is a great word! Rabid, I will send you royalty checks whenever I use the word.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - thxjoenovak - 09-03-2018 10:31 AM

Nettles

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Rabid Squirrel - 09-03-2018 10:46 AM

The entire O-line was good. Steckler had a little trouble. I think even Scharping whiffed once. But more importantly they did well run blocking. It’s a very solid unit.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - 17Huskies - 09-03-2018 11:25 AM

I was impressed with all the RB's that got time.

The pick by smalls in the 1st half was great.

Good punts!

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - IWokeUpLikeThis - 09-03-2018 11:48 AM

IMO our defense, punter, and o-line are P5 quality and would go toe-to-toe with the best NIU teams.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Rabid Squirrel - 09-03-2018 12:13 PM

Did some research:

NIU Huskies football the last 5 years running vs passing:

Less than 25 passes/game = 17-1
More passes then runs = 2-8
Run/pass ratio < 1.5/1 = 11-24
Run/pass ratio > 1.5/1 = 33-2

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - NIU007 - 09-03-2018 12:19 PM

(09-03-2018 12:13 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  Did some research:

Any chance you can forward that to Carey?

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Rabid Squirrel - 09-03-2018 12:20 PM

(09-03-2018 12:19 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Any chance you can forward that to Carey?

I tweeted it out. I think 7 or 8 of the players follow me. So there’s a chance!

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - badmoonrising13 - 09-03-2018 12:53 PM

Even before the season started I was begging for Harbs to get 25 carries per game, but I was worries he'd only get 5-8 carries per game. Unfortunately, this coaching staff is so dumb they can't even get out of their own way. How moronic do you have to be as a coach to not even get the ball to your best players and play to your strengths? What kind of an imbecile do you have to be to play to your weakness and hang your defense out to dry. So fricking stupid!!!!!!!!! These dimwits took a winnable game and turned it into a blowout.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - MiamiHuskie - 09-03-2018 01:49 PM

Obviously I'm "pissappointed" by the game, but I invoked the 24 hours rule to get over it. Put it in the rear view mirror and move on.

Looking forward to coming up to DeKalb for The Utah game. I'm under no delusions we have a chance, but I hope the staff and Childers can pull things together enough to keep it from getting out of hand and hone things up before MAC play. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the best we'll ever see from Childers is that he becomes an effective game manager. I doubt if he's ever going to develop into a playmaker.

Everybody here knows what the problems are (even the announcers knew) so no use belaboring the issues. MAybe the coaches will figure out like they're paid to do.

Go Huskies.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - HuskieJoe - 09-03-2018 02:12 PM

Childers probably can’t have a worse game passing. Does anyone know if Tears will be back this week? We are definitely inexperienced at WR, and having one of the regulars from last year can only help.

MAC defenses are going to have a difficult time with our run game. It is disappointing to have the performance in the pass game we had against Iowa, it can only improve barring injuries once the schedule turns to conference play.

And our defense very well could be best in the MAC.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - 142niu - 09-03-2018 02:40 PM

Positives
-O line
-Defense
-trio of running backs all looked good
-punting. Ference is legit.

My boys and I are making the long trip from Los Angels on Saturday. I'm hoping for a step in the right direction. This group has potential and with proper coaching. See you all on Saturday. Go Huskies.

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - chihuskie - 09-03-2018 03:45 PM

how many passes Saturday? How many runs? What was the run to pass ratio? I can guess, but wondered if you had those numbers?

Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Dog Fan - 09-03-2018 04:25 PM

(09-03-2018 03:45 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  

how many passes Saturday? How many runs? What was the run to pass ratio? I can guess, but wondered if you had those numbers?

My guess is that it will be the same as this past Saturday - with the same results. Carey learns nothing.

Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - Dog Fan - 09-03-2018 04:25 PM

(09-03-2018 04:25 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

My guess is that it will be the same next Saturday as this past Saturday - with the same results. Carey learns nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - chihuskie - 09-03-2018 04:56 PM

(09-03-2018 04:25 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

My guess is that it will be the same as this past Saturday - with the same results. Carey learns nothing.

i meant for this past Saturday--- v. Iowa

RE: Let’s find some positives to build on(to save our sanity) - JKHuskie45 - 09-03-2018 05:28 PM

Although I get your point and I agree we should have run more, these stats are VERY misleading. Of course, you will RUN more if you have the LEAD to run out the clock and Pass more when LSOING to make a quick comeback and stop the clock.
The stats might as a well say...
when leading after half NIU is 17-1, when losing they are 11-24.

I also think that people who think we could of just called nothing but runs and we would of scored a ton of points on Iowa do not know much about the game. An offense has to be balanced to keep the defense honest. That being said, yes, we should have called more run plays, but it would not have made the difference in winning or losing the game. We were simply outmatched in many areas.