CSNbbs
Game Week: @Purdue - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Game Week: @Purdue (/thread-856817.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-01-2018 02:53 AM

Today is either the first day of "Game Week @Purdue" or the last (MAC) day of Week #1. Your pick.

Lot of MAC games today. I like Howard @ Ohio. Howard has Cam Newton's younger bro, Caylin, at QB and they shocked UNLV and other teams last year.

Others may like CMU @ EMU rival, Kentucky OR NIU @Iowa.

The McCain funeral is a big story in D.C. and nationally.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - TheWoodenNickle - 09-01-2018 06:26 AM

Looking forward to the road trip.

How is the health of the team? I was not able to watch a lot of the game on Friday but did notice that a few players were not dressed or didn't play.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-02-2018 11:29 AM

I don't know if CFB is like war with strategy and fighting the last war.

Two thoughts:

1). If generals are always fighting the last war, Purdue was given some stuff to mull over. CC showed a LOT, which might not be a bad thing. They have to worry Wiegers and Glass and yes, Grissom.

2). A number of players didn't play Game #1 for whatever reasons. Any coach who looks exclusively as a Game #1 tape will not see the whole picture. Game #1 , against weaker opposition, are useful to sit out out players for one reason or another and sometimes conceal big parts of the play book.

If I were to guess, CC showed the passing game Friday night and will show the running game Saturday...

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EagleTough - 09-02-2018 11:48 AM

(09-01-2018 06:26 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Looking forward to the road trip.

How is the health of the team? I was not able to watch a lot of the game on Friday but did notice that a few players were not dressed or didn't play.

Hoying seemed to be the only injury.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EagleTough - 09-02-2018 11:53 AM

(09-02-2018 11:29 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I don't know if CFB is like war with strategy and fighting the last war.

Two thoughts:

1). If generals are always fighting the last war, Purdue was given some stuff to mull over. CC showed a LOT, which might not be a bad thing. They have to worry Wiegers and Glass and yes, Grissom.

2). A number of players didn't play Game #1 for whatever reasons. Any coach who looks exclusively as a Game #1 tape will not see the whole picture. Game #1 , against weaker opposition, are useful to sit out out players for one reason or another and sometimes conceal big parts of the play book.

If I were to guess, CC showed the passing game Friday night and will show the running game Saturday...

Unfortunately Steve, I just don't think this OL is a very good run blocking group. Hopefully we can use the short passing game and some QB runs to mask that deficiency. Seems to be a combination of poor execution AND scheme.

Hope I'm wrong, but we have a very large body of work from these guys, and the film doesn't lie.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-02-2018 09:19 PM

We are about a 2 TD underdog (15 points) from one betting site.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EagleTough - 09-02-2018 11:31 PM

Double team and/or spy #4, and kick away from him, or we're doomed.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-03-2018 03:50 AM

There is an Access Bowl thread on the main MAC board. EMU is one of 6 MAC teams who have not lost (Akron's game was canceled so they are 0 - 0).

Buffalo
Ohio
Toledo
EMU
Ball State

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - Bob Wickersham - 09-03-2018 08:09 AM

(09-02-2018 11:29 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I don't know if CFB is like war with strategy and fighting the last war.

Two thoughts:

This: 2). A number of players didn't play Game #1 for whatever reasons.
We need to start holding people accountable for their actions. How a player who broke team rules and let his team down in the opener gets no scrutiny here is BEYOND ME. Something like that would NEVER happen to a guy like Alex Gillett or say, Justin Cudworth. The tEam, the tEam, the tEam.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - Ken Barna - 09-03-2018 03:47 PM

Dear Friends,
I agree with EagleTough. If, we can control or some how stop that #4, I think we have a decent shot at winning. Purdue looked better then last year's team, but Northwestern was able to win because their defense was better then Purdue's offense overall.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - Jerry Weaver - 09-03-2018 05:06 PM

I'm with Tough and Ken, Purdue is the best team we will play this year. At first glance the Purdue coaching job was not attractive, hence PJ turned it down. Brohm, however, took it and got Purdue a bowl invitation and win in his first year which was quite impressive.

I watched the Northwestern game and I felt Purdue was the better team in that contest, the three interceptions just doomed them. Rondale Moore is just an incredible freshman talent, we have no one individual with the speed to catch him. Neatherly will have his hands full preparing for him.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EagleTough - 09-03-2018 05:41 PM

(09-03-2018 05:06 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  I'm with Tough and Ken, Purdue is the best team we will play this year. At first glance the Purdue coaching job was not attractive, hence PJ turned it down. Brohm, however, took it and got Purdue a bowl invitation and win in his first year which was quite impressive.

I watched the Northwestern game and I felt Purdue was the better team in that contest, the three interceptions just doomed them. Rondale Moore is just an incredible freshman talent, we have no one individual with the speed to catch him. Neatherly will have his hands full preparing for him.

Yep, the 3 picks was the difference for sure. Actually got their starting QB benched for the second half. That creates another question for Neathery........who's going to start at QB? The second guy had the ability to run a little more than the first.

If Northwestern barely beat them with 3 picks, we'll need at least as many turnovers to keep it within 7-14 points.

We have ZERO to lose in this game, so I hope the coaches throw all 3 QB's at them again to try and keep their defense off balance.

Looking forward to our 1st trip to beautiful W. Lafayette! 01-donnankungfu

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - Luckeyone - 09-03-2018 06:03 PM

Coach Creighton on at the 18 minute Mark:

http://emueagles.com.s3.amazonaws.com/podcasts/2018/9/3/Ep_2.mp3

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-03-2018 07:44 PM

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2018/09/03/mac-notes-western-michigan-eastern-michigan-face-big-tests-big-ten-foes/1185125002/

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - TheWoodenNickle - 09-04-2018 04:21 PM

This will be my first trip to PU. Anyone know of the best place to park? Won't have much time to tailgate thanks to the noon start. Just want a decent spot at a fair price.

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EAGLE KING - 09-04-2018 06:09 PM

(09-04-2018 04:21 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  This will be my first trip to PU. Anyone know of the best place to park? Won't have much time to tailgate thanks to the noon start. Just want a decent spot at a fair price.

I've been sifting through this off of Purdue's site. Looks like there are some lots that are $20 and are between a 10-30 min walk from the stadium.

https://purduesports.com/sports/2018/8/22/parking-football.aspx

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EagleTough - 09-04-2018 06:42 PM

(09-04-2018 06:09 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  
(09-04-2018 04:21 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  This will be my first trip to PU. Anyone know of the best place to park? Won't have much time to tailgate thanks to the noon start. Just want a decent spot at a fair price.

I've been sifting through this off of Purdue's site. Looks like there are some lots that are $20 and are between a 10-30 min walk from the stadium.

More proof positive that an EMU home game is an insanely great deal. $5 parking directly across the street from the stadium!

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - EAGLE KING - 09-04-2018 08:13 PM

(09-04-2018 06:42 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  
(09-04-2018 06:09 PM)EAGLE KING Wrote:  

More proof positive that an EMU home game is an insanely great deal. $5 parking directly across the street from the stadium!

Amen to that!

Anyone else in section 105?

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-05-2018 05:07 AM

https://emueagles.com/news/2018/9/4/emu-football-surprises-freddie-mcgee-iii-with-scholarship.aspx

RE: Game Week: @Purdue - emu steve - 09-05-2018 07:43 AM

Surprisingly, Purdue is only ranked 77 by USA Today. Doesn't sound like a juggernaut.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/09/04/re-rank-1-130-college-football-auburn-notre-dame-lsu-climb/1187918002/

And the MAC...

USA Today re-rank
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...187918002/

MAC teams with change in position (if any):

33. Toledo +2
45. NIU -9
58. Ohio +2
85. Buffalo 0
97. Akron 0
100. WMU 0
101. Miami 0
107. CMU +1