CSNbbs
Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 (/thread-856489.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - AustinFromUNT - 08-28-2018 06:33 PM

Call it homerism, alternative facts, etc., but most of us think our team can/will win in week 1. Explain why you think your team can win & why you think your team could lose this week.
UNT vs SMU:
It’s a rivalry game, so right off the bat there is a bit of uncertainty added to the game. SMU has a new coaching staff and a ton of GT this year, and they graduated a TON of production. Those new guys will take time to mesh together and the UNT offense will be insane this year. We could lose because we still don’t know what to expect from the defense. Also, SMU will come into this game angry about the whooping LA Tech put on them in their bowl game.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - Hilltopper2K - 08-28-2018 06:38 PM

We'll lose. Because we're down this year. Lot's of graduations. And we're playing Wisconsin. In Madison. So.... I think we get waxed.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - rileylives - 08-28-2018 07:24 PM

Why we could lose:

- Freshman QB jitters
- We don't play as well on the road
- Turnovers
- Miami OH is underrated

Why we could win:

- Stiffling D
- Profound running game
- Turnovers
- Special Teams return game (it's how we won last year)[/i]

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - ghostofclt - 08-28-2018 07:24 PM

clt says Charlotte will win out of spite.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - BeliefBlazer - 08-28-2018 07:42 PM

Why we might Win: Because we're playing Savannah State in their last year as a D1 school.

Why we might Lose: 47 guys get a debilitating illness tomorrow.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - Tintin - 08-28-2018 07:49 PM

I’m not saying there are a lot of teams we can beat, but Fordham is one of them.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - FAU Connoisseur - 08-28-2018 07:55 PM

We will win because of Singletary; and couple of PLUS turnovers.

We will lose because expectation are HIGH and that's what we do against Top 10 teams.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - ODU AGGIE - 08-28-2018 08:14 PM

We will win because we will run on them all night long, Steven Williams will have a breakout night at QB, and the Monarch defense will get at least five sacks on the night. I don't see how we lose, but if we do it will be because of an inexplicable night of turnovers for ODU.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - goliath74 - 08-28-2018 08:47 PM

FAU at Oklahoma

Why we might win: Singletary goes off for 200 yards and 4 TDs versus a Big-12 defense. The QB we start turns out to be an improvement. FAU's unheralded defense (returning 10 starters from last year's team) holds up for 4 quarters.

Why we might lose: Oklahoma is bigger, deeper, sligthly more talented than us. And they are at home. Also, they use running attack to their full advantage as FAU may be a little soft defensively against the run.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-28-2018 09:35 PM

UAB will win because SSU is the worse than PVAMU and we are better than Rice. (I still love ya Owls I do!)

UAB will lose if 60+ players all become injured and sick at once.

Why are we playing this team again? This isn't USM basketball. I guess Albany - Turner wasn't available.

Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - owl at the moon - 08-28-2018 09:54 PM

(08-28-2018 09:35 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  UAB will win because SSU is the worse than PVAMU and we are better than Rice. (I still love ya Owls I do!)

Why are we playing this team again? This isn't USM basketball. I guess Albany - Turner wasn't available.

Luv you too!
And can’t argue with your logic...

Nevertheless in other news the RICE OWLS will win because:
- teams improve the most between week one and week two and we got a one-week headstart
- hello, rivalry game
- home game
- Houston will overlook us
- no one on the internet agrees with me including Rice Owl Nation

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - WKUYG - 08-28-2018 10:03 PM

New QB
New OL (18 starts with 11 coming last year)
RB ( last year with a experience line avg 2.0 ypc)

Playing the #4 team in college football
RB avg 6.6 ypc and 1977 yards
QB Y/A 8.3 with a QB rating of 148 (both higher than Western's Mike White last year)
3 ALL Americans on the OL and rated the best in college football

Highest point spread for week 1....I will be happy with a few first downs and a fg and holding Wisconsin under 60

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - goherd24herdfans - 08-28-2018 10:19 PM

We will win because we will have one of the most dominant defenses we have ever had at Marshall this season, talent wise. It will be difficult for most teams to consistently move the ball against us, we don't have a weakness, save for a little depth in the secondary. Albeit, we have a new DC, that is an X factor. But the talent is there for sure.

Secondly, our offense is stacked, minus the glaring QB change. OC change is a massive positive point. Either QB has 6'3 receivers to throw to outside, and one of them an NFL guy in Brady. Good Tight Ends, and slot WR as well. 2 very capable RBs, and a year older and stronger Oline returning. Literally every offensive piece is strong, so it would take a monumental failure for the QB to make us not improve significantly offensively this season.

Miami OH is also somehow regarded as a playoff final four team by our fans, in preparation for a loss from a rival that hasn't beaten us since Big Ben played there. They always finish middle of the road in thr MAC on average, so don't pay attention to the hyperbole. If we do lose this game, Marshall is a non-contender in CUSA, period.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - nastybunch - 08-28-2018 10:46 PM

We will win because we will score more points than the other team.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - Dracorex - 08-29-2018 12:17 AM

We will win because the other team isn't good enough to even be FCS.
We lose if any of our 2 deep get a serious injury. The score isn't going to be pretty.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - BRtransplant - 08-29-2018 05:36 AM

Our opponent is a Sun Belt team and we usually play very well against those guys. In fact, the games aren't usually close. We'll see.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - stinkfist - 08-29-2018 06:56 AM

(08-28-2018 09:35 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  UAB will win because SSU is the worse than PVAMU and we are better than Rice. (I still love ya Owls I do!)

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

that was just dayum funny....

even with Tyndall thingy, I can't believe we lost to william carey AND jackson state.....

uh oh....we got J-state saturday.....

we win due to defense.....

we lose b/c there will be more purple in the stands vs. almost orange gold shirts on 'go gold day' .... 03-wink

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - ESE84 - 08-29-2018 07:31 AM

I don't expect Rice to win, and the score could be ugly by halftime.

But Coogin' It is a very real occurrence for UH. UH could lose the game in some kind of spectacular six turnovers kind of way.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - va-eagle - 08-29-2018 07:37 AM

Southern Miss will win because we beat Alabama 21-0 in 2000.

RE: Why Your Team will Win/Lose in Week 1 - WKUFan518 - 08-29-2018 08:10 AM

Wisconsin has an NFL OL, we do not.