CSNbbs
Not For ODU Fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Not For ODU Fans (/thread-856321.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Not For ODU Fans - JCMiner - 08-26-2018 06:41 PM

Why did you click on this thread if I said it wasn’t for you? We all already know you’ll have an announced crowd of 20,118. Sorry RICE fans you guys started early so this isn’t for you either. The announced crowd of 20,050 is a bit hard to believe. For the rest of the teams that have a week one home opener what do you expect the attendance to be like? For the teams that start on the road do you think the outcome of week 1 will play a major role in your home opener?

RE: Not For ODU Fans - mturn017 - 08-26-2018 06:44 PM

If you had an extra 3 seconds or so you’d have figured out ODU starts on the road. @ Liberty. Home opener with FIU not sold out yet.

Single game tickets for every game but VT go on sale Monday I think.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - NTTHOR - 08-26-2018 06:45 PM

hoping for 25,000+...first game, against smu, von erich wrestling afterwards, good weather...just need the team to not be the same ole north texas and fall flat when there is a chance to really grab the freshman/students and continue the momentum

RE: Not For ODU Fans - THUNDERStruck73 - 08-26-2018 06:46 PM

(08-26-2018 06:44 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  If you had an extra 3 seconds or so you’d have figured out ODU starts on the road. @ Liberty. Home opener with FIU not sold out yet.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Plus 2

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Noodles - 08-26-2018 06:49 PM

30k, maybe 33k if the weather is nice.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - JCMiner - 08-26-2018 06:49 PM

(08-26-2018 06:44 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  If you had an extra 3 seconds or so you’d have figured out ODU starts on the road. @ Liberty. Home opener with FIU not sold out yet.

It’s a compliment I figured ODU was an automatic sell out. So now that I know it’s not sold out. Do you think a loss at Liberty breaks your sold out streak?

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Magic95Fan - 08-26-2018 06:50 PM

Im going to go with 26,000 for the SMU game. There is a buzz in the UNT fanbase right now.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Ole Blue - 08-26-2018 07:00 PM

If MT beats Vandy, we may have 20k+ for UT Martin. If not... well, it'll be like last year.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - THUNDERStruck73 - 08-26-2018 07:01 PM

We have Eastern Kentucky for our opener. They're FCS but we have history with them. Their old coach bitched about as much as Delaware's... (He was a Blue Hen) We will probably bring in 20,000 butts in seats and that number will dwindle after halftime (unless we shite the bed).

We will sell out on 9-22-18. NC State. Especially if they are undefeated. It will be rowdier than Purdue. The Purdue fans were awesome. They went out to bars wearing their gear. Brought theit train. (See Dunk Media). I bought many drinks for their fans. I predict 40,000 for NCST. And if Middle is undefeated or one loss, I predict 25,00 plus, Middle is going to be a force this year.. IF Stock stays healthy.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Doots4Dawgs - 08-26-2018 07:01 PM

W week one, week 2 is Southern who brought a lot of fans last time and I think it drew some of the Grambling crowd as well because they had an away game or something. If that replicates, 26K+ week 2.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - mturn017 - 08-26-2018 07:06 PM

(08-26-2018 06:49 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  

It’s a compliment I figured ODU was an automatic sell out. So know that I know it’s not sold out. Do you think a loss at Liberty breaks your sold out streak?

I was just giving you a hard time for the thread title and invoking “clockgate” from our B.B. game in El Paso a few years ago to stir the pot a little.

A loss at Liberty would not be a good start to the season and it’s been getting harder to get those sell outs so maybe. We’ve sold 12,500+ season tickets. When you add in student allocation, band, etc. it’s only a thousand or two that are left to sell. Usually what the other team gives back to us that they didn’t sell. If we struggle this year it might get tough but I doubt they’ll “let” the sell out streak end the year before the rebuilt stadium opens. But you’d likely see some empty seats. It’s still preseason so I’m optimistic for a bounce back season but word from camp is that the defense has been kicking the O’s ass, that has me worried.

We’re a good ways from the early days when we sold 14k season tickets and had another 1,000 on a waiting list. With the new stadium and a couple good seasons we could get back there, I don’t know if Wilder will take us there. We’ll see.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - WKUYG - 08-26-2018 07:25 PM

After a 60-3 beating in week 1 and a FCS school for the home opener I think Western will have more fans pre-game than at kickoff. A few thousand more.

Cage the Elephant will play prior to WKU Football's home opener

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Blue_Trombone - 08-26-2018 07:47 PM

(08-26-2018 07:06 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

It’s a compliment I figured ODU was an automatic sell out. So know that I know it’s not sold out. Do you think a loss at Liberty breaks your sold out streak?

I was just giving you a hard time for the thread title and invoking “clockgate” from our B.B. game in El Paso a few years ago to stir the pot a little.

A loss at Liberty would not be a good start to the season and it’s been getting harder to get those sell outs so maybe. We’ve sold 12,500+ season tickets. When you add in student allocation, band, etc. it’s only a thousand or two that are left to sell. Usually what the other team gives back to us that they didn’t sell. If we struggle this year it might get tough but I doubt they’ll “let” the sell out streak end the year before the rebuilt stadium opens. But you’d likely see some empty seats. It’s still preseason so I’m optimistic for a bounce back season but word from camp is that the defense has been kicking the O’s ass, that has me worried.

We’re a good ways from the early days when we sold 14k season tickets and had another 1,000 on a waiting list. With the new stadium and a couple good seasons we could get back there, I don’t know if Wilder will take us there. We’ll see.

It's the last season of having the clam-shell SB Ballard Stadium. There is no way they're letting the sellout streak lapse. They would never give up the "Sold out every home game in the original stadium".

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Blue_Trombone - 08-26-2018 07:48 PM

(08-26-2018 06:41 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  Why did you click on this thread if I said it wasn’t for you? We all already know you’ll have an announced crowd of 20,118. Sorry RICE fans you guys started early so this isn’t for you either. The announced crowd of 20,050 is a bit hard to believe. For the rest of the teams that have a week one home opener what do you expect the attendance to be like? For the teams that start on the road do you think the outcome of week 1 will play a major role in your home opener?

You know, you got me. It took me about .39 seconds to open this thread once I read "Not for ODU fans". Props. 04-bow

RE: Not For ODU Fans - Side Show Joe - 08-26-2018 07:52 PM

SMU@North Texas 27,500+

RE: Not For ODU Fans - JCMiner - 08-26-2018 09:13 PM

(08-26-2018 07:47 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  
(08-26-2018 07:06 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

It's the last season of having the clam-shell SB Ballard Stadium. There is no way they're letting the sellout streak lapse. They would never give up the "Sold out every home game in the original stadium".

Given your and mturn017’s answer thread title stands. ODU will find a way to have an official sellout for the home opener.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - 12thmonarch - 08-26-2018 09:36 PM

It’s a compliment I figured ODU was an automatic sell out. So now that I know it’s not sold out. Do you think a loss at Liberty breaks your sold out streak?

I don't know what it will break or not but one thing i am sure is "it will break his(wilder's) office doors from me kicking in to get a ******* answer for that".

RE: Not For ODU Fans - ODU AGGIE - 08-26-2018 10:26 PM

(08-26-2018 09:36 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

I don't know what it will break or not but one thing i am sure is "it will break his(wilder's) office doors from me kicking in to get a ******* answer for that".

Be careful not to pull a "Heinicke".

RE: Not For ODU Fans - SouthernMiss3613 - 08-26-2018 10:31 PM

I would say at least 30k with good weather.

RE: Not For ODU Fans - 12thmonarch - 08-26-2018 10:50 PM

(08-26-2018 10:26 PM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  
(08-26-2018 09:36 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  

Be careful not to pull a "Heinicke".

LOL lucky for me there is no NFL team waiting for me to take charge of their offense.