CSNbbs
Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info (/thread-855641.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - UofMstateU - 08-17-2018 02:08 PM

Judge has been threatened, and now travels with Marshals everywhere he goes.

Fake news media (WaPo CNN, BuzzFeed, etc) have filed a motion to unseal the juror information, likely to open them up to threats like those impoesd on the judge, unless they indict Manafort. Judge has said those details will remain sealed.

Also, defense is feeling really good over the deliberation time and jury questions coming forward.

The judge in Paul Manafort’s fraud trial said Friday he has received threats over the case.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III made the comments as the jury deliberated for the second day, and as he rejected a motion to release information about the jurors. He said he's confident the jurors would be threatened as well if their information was public.

Ellis said that because of the threats against him, he travels with U.S. Marshals.

“The Marshals go where I go,” Ellis said.

Ellis was responding to a number of news organizations – the Washington Post, New York Times, AP, CNN, NBC, Politico and BuzzFeed – filing a motion to unseal records in the case, including information about the jurors.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/17/judge-in-manafort-trial-says-hes-been-threatened-over-case.html

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - banker - 08-17-2018 02:14 PM

Why should anyone ever have the right to know who the jurors are? The prosecution is involved in their selection so it's not like it will be 12 big Trump supporters. Given the geography of the court site, jury probably leans somewhat left.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - Kronke - 08-17-2018 02:14 PM

Sounds like fake news desperately wants to get their doxxing units (KFILE, etc.) on the case in attempt to uncover any bias, as an excuse for if and when it doesn't go "their" way.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - BuffaloTN - 08-17-2018 02:19 PM

No reason at all in this politically charged environment they should release the names and they sure as hell shouldn't release their addresses. That is insane.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - b0ndsj0ns - 08-17-2018 02:24 PM

I don’t care what side this is coming from threatening a judge makes you the lowest form of scum, and I don’t get what need there really is to ever know the jurors names.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - Attackcoog - 08-17-2018 02:42 PM

Fake news has been trying to rabble rouse an assassination attempt on the president since 2017. They managed to get one carried out on the Republican House members. They continue to try every day---some guests given time on these shows have openly called for violence. Its unprecedented.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - SuperFlyBCat - 08-17-2018 02:49 PM

(08-17-2018 02:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Fake news has been trying to rabble rouse an assassination attempt on the president since 2017. They managed to get one carried out on the Republican House members. They continue to try every day---some guests given time on these shows have openly called for violence. Its unprecedented.

That is their KKK DNA that gets passed down generation to generation.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - usmbacker - 08-17-2018 02:59 PM

The the libs will shoot a Congressman, so you can bet they will shoot a judge.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - JMUDunk - 08-17-2018 03:08 PM

(08-17-2018 02:42 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Fake news has been trying to rabble rouse an assassination attempt on the president since 2017. They managed to get one carried out on the Republican House members. They continue to try every day---some guests given time on these shows have openly called for violence. Its unprecedented.

The "new" face of the party, multi-millionaire (Huh?) Mad-Max calls for violence almost daily- "You get a crowd".

Instead of the Marshalls going where the judge goes, how about they track down these threats and drag some of these dregs of life in front of some Federal judges.

There has to be some serious punishment meted out here, preemptively. Some kook could easily wait 3 months after the trial is over and do something incredibly dumb when the judge is sitting on a beach somewhere.

Put a stop to this stuff now, and do it with the hammers coming down.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - SuperFlyBCat - 08-17-2018 03:25 PM

MSM could have tried to doxx the jury weeks ago, but it wasn't until the jury asked the judge for a definition of what reasonable doubt is? All of this because Manafort worked for Trump for a few months.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - gdunn - 08-17-2018 03:47 PM

According to a poster who won't be named, tampering would only come from the defendant....

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - DavidSt - 08-17-2018 04:36 PM

The problem with you so called Americans think it is okay for somebody to shoot and try to assassinate a Democrat like Gabby Gifford, but it is not okay for somebody to try and shoot and kill a Republican? I do not care what side you are on. The only ones responsible are the shooters who are sick to do these things since they are neither a R, D or I. These shooters are neither party, and sick SOBs.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - SuperFlyBCat - 08-17-2018 04:41 PM

(08-17-2018 04:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  The problem with you so called Americans think it is okay for somebody to shoot and try to assassinate a Democrat like Gabby Gifford, but it is not okay for somebody to try and shoot and kill a Republican? I do not care what side you are on. The only ones responsible are the shooters who are sick to do these things since they are neither a R, D or I. These shooters are neither party, and sick SOBs.

You won't find 1 person posting here who thinks that is ok. Go play outside and have fun.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - UofMstateU - 08-17-2018 04:42 PM

(08-17-2018 04:36 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  The problem with you so called Americans think it is okay for somebody to shoot and try to assassinate a Democrat like Gabby Gifford, but it is not okay for somebody to try and shoot and kill a Republican? I do not care what side you are on. The only ones responsible are the shooters who are sick to do these things since they are neither a R, D or I. These shooters are neither party, and sick SOBs.

Neither of the shooters in both examples you used were republicans. The same cant be said about one of the shooters being democrat. Just an FYI.

Also I like how the liberals were crapping themselves when they thought a fast and furious weapon may have been used to shoot giffords.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - tigersroll - 08-17-2018 04:46 PM

The Don-father has sent the hit squad out. lol

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - TechRocks - 08-17-2018 04:51 PM

(08-17-2018 02:14 PM)banker Wrote:  Why should anyone ever have the right to know who the jurors are? The prosecution is involved in their selection so it's not like it will be 12 big Trump supporters. Given the geography of the court site, jury probably leans somewhat left.

Yeah, the same prosecution that gets to hand-select the lawyers who will conduct the witch hunt.

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - TechRocks - 08-17-2018 04:55 PM

(08-17-2018 03:08 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  Instead of the Marshalls going where the judge goes, how about they track down these threats and drag some of these dregs of life in front of some Federal judges.

And with His Orangeness getting conservative judges seated on the Federal bench at a record pace, they should have time to consider the cases carefully. Winning. 03-lmfao

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - stinkfist - 08-17-2018 04:55 PM

this is the state of the cray cray leftist nation...

maneuvering more manure....

just keep on plowin'.....

cya in Nov.....

Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - Jjoey52 - 08-17-2018 06:24 PM

(08-17-2018 04:41 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

You won't find 1 person posting here who thinks that is ok. Go play outside and have fun.

Go back to the realignment boards, this is for adults.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Judge in Manaforts Case Being Threatened - Judge refuses to release juror info - Attackcoog - 08-17-2018 06:40 PM

Zero reason for the press to have those names.