CSNbbs
Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate (/thread-855448.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-15-2018 07:36 AM

Libertarian Party. New Mexico.

https://71republic.com/2018/08/14/gary-johnson-enters-senate-race/

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - thespiritof1976 - 08-15-2018 07:44 AM

Sure, why not ?

I have nothing to fear from him.

I don't agree with a lot of what he says but unlike most liberals, I don't fear different and off the wall ideas.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - gdunn - 08-15-2018 07:50 AM

He almost had my vote in 2016 but not knowing more than one world leader's name, what Allepo was, and the promise not to toke on the campaign trail kinda turned me off.. Well let's be honest, it was the first two.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - bullet - 08-15-2018 07:50 AM

Libertarians need to work on winning governorships. People are not as tied to party in governor's elections. Then they can build.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - EverRespect - 08-15-2018 07:50 AM

I think he'd make a good senator. The legislative branch is exactly where I want libertarians. However, he should have run as a republican if he wanted a chance to actually win.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-15-2018 07:53 AM

(08-15-2018 07:50 AM)bullet Wrote:  Libertarians need to work on winning governorships. People are not as tied to party in governor's elections. Then they can build.

Gary Johnson is already term limited as NM's Governor.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - thespiritof1976 - 08-15-2018 07:59 AM

FWIW, I would REALLY like to have a candidate come out about the overzealous and overbearing code enforcement agencies and animal control agencies that harass people for having their grass more than one foot high when people down the street have cars and crap all throughout their yard.

Or these POS's that harass people they do not put their cat on a leash outside.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - VA49er - 08-15-2018 08:04 AM

(08-15-2018 07:50 AM)gdunn Wrote:  He almost had my vote in 2016 but not knowing more than one world leader's name, what Allepo was, and the promise not to toke on the campaign trail kinda turned me off.. Well let's be honest, it was the first two.

Eh, I didn't care about the Allepo thing. I can guarantee you 95% of the people that bashed him for that had no clue where Allepo was before he said what he said.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - Native Georgian - 08-15-2018 08:09 AM

(08-15-2018 07:50 AM)gdunn Wrote:  He almost had my vote in 2016 but not knowing more than one world leader's name, what Allepo was, and the promise not to toke on the campaign trail kinda turned me off.. Well let's be honest, it was the first two.
In America, I really doubt that even 0.1% of the adults (one in a thousand) knew what “Aleppo” meant on the day that came up. I don’t think Clinton or Trump would’ve known, either.

Johnson had a great opportunity to really grow the Libertarian brand with a Ross Perot-type % of the National vote. Instead he pandered to liberals and picked a VP (Weld) who outright endorsed Clinton late in the game. Just a disaster.

But still and all, Johnson would be an improvement as US Senator, so best of luck. I know he has won statewide before, but I doubt he can pull this off.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - shere khan - 08-15-2018 08:27 AM

That s one way for the democrats to win

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - BadgerMJ - 08-15-2018 09:43 AM

The problem with the Libertarian Party is that some of their particular stances fall WAY to the left.

I like their beliefs on personal freedoms.

I like their beliefs on free speech and transparency.

I love their beliefs on taxes, debt, and free markets.

What I CAN'T get behind is......

Their almost hands off approach to world affairs. Sometimes tin horn dictators need a beat down BEFORE their terror (or whatever) expands. Sometimes we need to protect our vital interests despite what "others" think.

Their desire to have what amounts to open borders. Sorry, we need more restrictive borders, NOT more open ones.

Just the borders issue alone would be enough for me to not support them as a third party.

Too bad we didn't have a parts that could incorporate their fiscal & liberty beliefs into a more security laden platform.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - gdunn - 08-15-2018 10:27 AM

(08-15-2018 08:09 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
In America, I really doubt that even 0.1% of the adults (one in a thousand) knew what “Aleppo” meant on the day that came up. I don’t think Clinton or Trump would’ve known, either.

Johnson had a great opportunity to really grow the Libertarian brand with a Ross Perot-type % of the National vote. Instead he pandered to liberals and picked a VP (Weld) who outright endorsed Clinton late in the game. Just a disaster.

But still and all, Johnson would be an improvement as US Senator, so best of luck. I know he has won statewide before, but I doubt he can pull this off.
I'm responding to both quotes on this.

Honestly I didn't know what it was either, however, I wasn't running for a position that requires knowledge of world events. At that point I was still learning to be a dad, well still am, but I'm not sure the Clinton or Trump camps hadn't prepped for it either. Hard to say.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - Lord Stanley - 08-15-2018 10:44 AM

Gary Johnson is like a picture of a cute cat.

You are all like "Wow, look at that cat it's so cute I would love a cute cat!"

And you look more into that cat and are like "Fvck that cat, it's a disaster."

Then you go to the bar, order a Highlife, and look up dogs before settling on a pit-bull named Trump.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - gdunn - 08-15-2018 10:52 AM

(08-15-2018 10:44 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Gary Johnson is like a picture of a cute cat.

You are all like "Wow, look at that cat it's so cute I would love a cute cat!"

And you look more into that cat and are like "Fvck that cat, it's a disaster."

Then you go to the bar, order a Highlife, and look up dogs before settling on a pit-bull named Trump.

Geez. No better beer in your part of the world than High Life? I mean I'm a Miller Lite man myself cause I can drink a a six pack and still be good.

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - Lord Stanley - 08-15-2018 10:54 AM

(08-15-2018 10:52 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Geez. No better beer in your part of the world than High Life? I mean I'm a Miller Lite man myself cause I can drink a a six pack and still be good.

IT"S THE CHAMPAGNE OF BEERS DAMNIT!

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - BadgerMJ - 08-15-2018 11:06 AM

(08-15-2018 10:54 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(08-15-2018 10:52 AM)gdunn Wrote:  Geez. No better beer in your part of the world than High Life? I mean I'm a Miller Lite man myself cause I can drink a a six pack and still be good.

If you got the time, we got the beer!

Goes good with hot dish too.....

03-lmfao

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - gdunn - 08-15-2018 11:09 AM

(08-15-2018 10:54 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

Not a fan of champagne either. Fancy is what you are. 03-lmfao

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - thespiritof1976 - 08-15-2018 11:12 AM

Gee whiz guys, I don't even drink alcohol period. I guess I am like the third wheel here, lol...

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - gdunn - 08-15-2018 11:17 AM

(08-15-2018 11:12 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Gee whiz guys, I don't even drink alcohol period. I guess I am like the third wheel here, lol...
You don't have time according to your work schedule ha

RE: Gary Johnson declares bid for US Senate - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-15-2018 12:58 PM

(08-15-2018 09:43 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  What I CAN'T get behind is......

Their almost hands off approach to world affairs. Sometimes tin horn dictators need a beat down BEFORE their terror (or whatever) expands. Sometimes we need to protect our vital interests despite what "others" think.

Their desire to have what amounts to open borders. Sorry, we need more restrictive borders, NOT more open ones.

The LP doesn't have total consensus on borders and immigration. Ron Paul is still the most prominent libertarian in the country. He was adamantly opposed to open borders. And I'm against open borders as well.

And by and large the LP is non-interventionist on foreign policy, which is not the same as isolationist. Now regardless of how you feel about that, it's important to first state that the US electorate by and large has turned away from foreign affairs. Period. Since George H.W. Bush the Presidential candidate with the most foreign policy experience has decisively lost in each Presidential election. There's D's and R's on the wrong side of that ledger in that time span.