CSNbbs
Streaming question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Streaming question (/thread-854742.html)

Streaming question - Thegoldstandard - 08-05-2018 03:19 PM

Not planning to cut the cord. But this years home improvement project was to cover a patio.

Now we want to add a tv outside to watch games.
Not a problem as far as the espn content.

I have come to the conclusion that we will still need a subscription to the conf streaming package.
Was thinking about a Roku stick.
I see on the roku website that cusa tv is available but im always skeptical about anything that the league office controls.

Is it in fact available and what is everyone's experience with it?

Is Roku the way to go or another streaming setup?

RE: Streaming question - THUNDERStruck73 - 08-05-2018 03:56 PM

#firejudy

RE: Streaming question - ghostofclt - 08-05-2018 05:24 PM

clt recommmends espn plus

RE: Streaming question - TTT - 08-06-2018 10:19 AM

(08-05-2018 03:19 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  Not planning to cut the cord. But this years home improvement project was to cover a patio.

Now we want to add a tv outside to watch games.
Not a problem as far as the espn content.

I have come to the conclusion that we will still need a subscription to the conf streaming package.
Was thinking about a Roku stick.
I see on the roku website that cusa tv is available but im always skeptical about anything that the league office controls.

Is it in fact available and what is everyone's experience with it?

Is Roku the way to go or another streaming setup?

Amazon Firestick is the way to go IMO. You'll need to get the ESPN app so you can watch all our ESPN3 games. More than likely the USM/Auburn game will be on SECN which is on the ESPN app (if not then it'll be on ESPNU). Our ESPN+ games will be available within that same app but you'll need an ESPN+ subscription. It's 4.99 a month or 49.99 a year. USM has 5 games on ESPN+ this year....so if you do a yearly sub. you're essentially paying 10 bucks per USM game plus all other CUSA team's and other conference's content on ESPN+. I think it's an okay deal.

Another thing: download the PLUTO TV app <- this app is free in the amazon app store in your firestick and it has the StadiumTV channel in it (free). Also, we've got one game on BeIn this year (@ UAB). I'm not sure if BeIn Sports has an app for the firestick? I've never looked because I've got a cracked firestick anyway.

RE: Streaming question - bit_9 - 08-06-2018 10:32 AM

I've got a Amazon FireTV Stick in every room now. We cut the cord a while ago though. I have the stick in the kids play room locked down. It's a pretty good system overall and plays everything just fine and looks great. I have a good internet connection (Fios 100 mbit).

RE: Streaming question - ThreeifbyLightning - 08-06-2018 10:35 AM

Also, everything TTT said about the Firestick is true for Roku. There is a BeIn app on the Roku. Subscription based though I believe. I haven't tried the new CUSA app yet.

RE: Streaming question - MUsince96 - 08-06-2018 11:10 AM

The new C-USA.tv app got horrible reviews. The games are only shown on a quarter of the screen while the other 3 quarters of the screen were just the app background. I'm not sure if it's been corrected yet.

Streaming question - devyanks90 - 08-06-2018 11:42 AM

There are no football games on CUSA.tv this coming season so that may not be needed.

I have both Roku (built in to a new TV I bought) and Fire TV stick. Picking one for just CUSA, I would probably pick the Fire Stick. It has PlutoTV (Stadium although there is about 10 ways to get Stadium streamed), separate Twitter and Facebook video apps (only on Fire that I've found) and ESPN. Roku does have a BeIN app but I'd rather have the FB video app.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

RE: Streaming question - usm99 - 08-06-2018 11:49 AM

Not necessarily a streaming issue but saw over the weekend where Comcast has dropped BeIN sports from its viewing network. Just a heads up for those of you who have Comcast and watched games on BeIN.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/08/01/comcast-xfinity-removes-bein-sports-ahead-new-soccer-seasons/

RE: Streaming question - WKUYG - 08-06-2018 12:03 PM

(08-06-2018 11:42 AM)devyanks90 Wrote:  There are no football games on CUSA.tv this coming season so that may not be needed.

I have both Roku (built in to a new TV I bought) and Fire TV stick. Picking one for just CUSA, I would probably pick the Fire Stick. It has PlutoTV (Stadium although there is about 10 ways to get Stadium streamed), separate Twitter and Facebook video apps (only on Fire that I've found) and ESPN. Roku does have a BeIN app but I'd rather have the FB video app.

Roku has PlutoTV, a Facebook & Twitter App and espn+

I believe most CUSA FB games will be on those

RE: Streaming question - MUsince96 - 08-06-2018 12:56 PM

(08-06-2018 12:03 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(08-06-2018 11:42 AM)devyanks90 Wrote:  There are no football games on CUSA.tv this coming season so that may not be needed.

Roku has PlutoTV, a Facebook & Twitter App and espn+

I believe most CUSA FB games will be on those

Roku doesn't have a Facebook app. I cast Facebook Watch from my phone to Google Chromecast.

RE: Streaming question - Thegoldstandard - 08-06-2018 07:54 PM

My understanding is that not all of basketball will be on the espn channels, That plus baseball is why i was asking about getting cusa tv this way.

RE: Streaming question - ghostofclt - 08-07-2018 05:05 PM

clt says just call cable/sat provider and they will lower rates. No hassle with multiple devcices etc.