CSNbbs
Brandi Carlile - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+----- Thread: Brandi Carlile (/thread-854658.html)

Brandi Carlile - brovol - 08-03-2018 09:13 PM

If you are a music aficionado, check her out. This chick does it for me. I love folk style, but she brings more than that to table. Been a fan for awhile, but watching her on Bluegrass Underground on PBS right now and she's great on stage too. She's cute as hell too.

RE: Brandi Carlile - Hiller4Hyz09 - 08-03-2018 09:14 PM

YES!!!

RE: Brandi Carlile - MajorHoople - 08-04-2018 03:41 PM

brovol I'm glad you can get over your conservative self to post such positive things about a performer who is a lesbian.

May be hope for you yet.

RE: Brandi Carlile - brovol - 08-05-2018 08:21 AM

(08-04-2018 03:41 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  brovol I'm glad you can get over your conservative self to post such positive things about a performer who is a lesbian.

May be hope for you yet.
She is big time lesbian, and there are a ton of other great artists and people in general who are gay. America is the home of the free. Individual liberty does not include an exception for sexual preference. My views of "gay rights" are the same as my views of individual rights in general. No more, no less. If you are a constitutionalist this should be your view. I have it right on this issue, most Republicans have it dead wrong, and in my mind that is a huge contradiction with the Republican Party. (One of many). You can't have it both ways. As far as gay marriage goes, how can some people be allowed to contract with one another, where is others are not allowed to. It's ridiculous.

I will admit also, though, that I am a bit homophobic personally. Do not confuse that though with an inability to be friends with, respect, or even care about someone who is gay. I have no problem with that, and in fact have several friends who are gay (and who I forget are gay).

I also have no problem with enjoying the company of people who have completely different political or ideological views than I do. Indeed, if I didn't have friends who are Democrats I probably wouldn't have that many friends. I hate to stereotype too much, but, frankly, Democrats are more fun to hang out with, and tend to have a better sense of humor. And if you limited your entertainment to artists who are Republican, your CD collection would be pretty limited, and the movies you watch wouldn't very good.

And lesbian or not, Brandi Carlile is hot.

RE: Brandi Carlile - Hiller4Hyz09 - 08-05-2018 08:51 AM

(08-05-2018 08:21 AM)brovol Wrote:  
(08-04-2018 03:41 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  brovol I'm glad you can get over your conservative self to post such positive things about a performer who is a lesbian.

May be hope for you yet.
She is big time lesbian, and there are a ton of other great artists and people in general who are gay. America is the home of the free. Individual liberty does not include an exception for sexual preference. My views of "gay rights" are the same as my views of individual rights in general. No more, no less. If you are a constitutionalist this should be your view. I have it right on this issue, most Republicans have it dead wrong, and in my mind that is a huge contradiction with the Republican Party. (One of many). You can't have it both ways. As far as gay marriage goes, how can some people be allowed to contract with one another, where is others are not allowed to. It's ridiculous.

I will admit also, though, that I am a bit homophobic personally. Do not confuse that though with an inability to be friends with, respect, or even care about someone who is gay. I have no problem with that, and in fact have several friends who are gay (and who I forget are gay).

I also have no problem with enjoying the company of people who have completely different political or ideological views than I do. Indeed, if I didn't have friends who are Democrats I probably wouldn't have that many friends. I hate to stereotype too much, but, frankly, Democrats are more fun to hang out with, and tend to have a better sense of humor. And if you limited your entertainment to artists who are Republican, your CD collection would be pretty limited, and the movies you watch wouldn't very good.

And lesbian or not, Brandi Carlile is hot.

[Image: gavel-drop.jpg]

RE: Brandi Carlile - ess - 08-05-2018 04:50 PM

(08-05-2018 08:21 AM)brovol Wrote:  As far as gay marriage goes, how can some people be allowed to contract with one another, where is others are not allowed to. It's ridiculous.

Why is the state/government involved at all with how consenting adults chose to live their lives?

RE: Brandi Carlile - MajorHoople - 08-06-2018 10:09 AM

(08-05-2018 08:21 AM)brovol Wrote:  She is big time lesbian, and there are a ton of other great artists and people in general who are gay. America is the home of the free. Individual liberty does not include an exception for sexual preference. My views of "gay rights" are the same as my views of individual rights in general. No more, no less. If you are a constitutionalist this should be your view. I have it right on this issue, most Republicans have it dead wrong, and in my mind that is a huge contradiction with the Republican Party. (One of many). You can't have it both ways. As far as gay marriage goes, how can some people be allowed to contract with one another, where is others are not allowed to. It's ridiculous.

Well-written, Your Honor.

RE: Brandi Carlile - Hiller4Hyz09 - 08-06-2018 04:27 PM

Regarding PJ Fleck

RE: Brandi Carlile - Hiller4Hyz09 - 08-06-2018 04:31 PM

How my daughter will rock

RE: Brandi Carlile - brovol - 08-06-2018 04:38 PM

(08-06-2018 04:27 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Regarding PJ Fleck

She is one you can watch youtubes on for hours. I used to own a Martin O guitar just like the one she is playing in that video. Just sold it a few months ago to a colleague. BC looks better playing it than I do.

RE: Brandi Carlile - Hiller4Hyz09 - 08-06-2018 07:26 PM

(08-06-2018 04:38 PM)brovol Wrote:  
(08-06-2018 04:27 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Regarding PJ Fleck

She is one you can watch youtubes on for hours. I used to own a Martin O guitar just like the one she is playing in that video. Just sold it a few months ago to a colleague. BC looks better playing it than I do.

I should probably sell everything I own then!

RE: Brandi Carlile - Hiller4Hyz09 - 10-08-2018 03:28 PM