CSNbbs
Goodbye Fickell? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Goodbye Fickell? (/thread-854506.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - OKIcat - 08-23-2018 12:51 PM

(08-23-2018 11:22 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  Could Urbie be any more obvious that he was being made to read his "statement"? He sounded like my kids when I make them apologize for something. SORRRRRY!

Just another day at the office for Ohio Scandal University.

And yet, amazingly, many OSU fans continue to cling to the tired narrative cultivated decades ago that UC athletes don't graduate and are criminals. They are totally blind to the scandals that have plagued their football and basketball programs in the ensuing years.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - levydl - 08-23-2018 01:16 PM

(08-23-2018 10:14 AM)DownOnRohs Wrote:  I just love how the whole issue is a private matter between an assistant coach and his wife. Yet nobody is talking about the assistant coach or his wife. 95% of these talking heads are hypocrites.

OK, dude. The assistant's wife also made the issue public by bringing it to the media, and domestic violence and restraining orders are public matters anyway. Plus OSU's a public university, the football team is it's most prominent public feature, and their head coach is the team's public face. So it's easy to see why it's important to look into how Meyer continued to employ a guy he knew was abusing his wife and whether the football program, the school, and the state government take domestic abuse seriously. But, sure, man, the media, that's the REAL story.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - bearcatmill - 08-23-2018 05:33 PM

Amazing that the presser yesterday leaves more questions than before. Urbs shows not even a scintilla of remorse or contrition. Bumbles through a awfully drafted statement. Urbs acts like a petulant 10 yr old. Mary Jo’s comments acted as if she was there to support Urbs not investigate him. I’m not surprised though. Society values fball wins over women and children.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - bearcatdp - 08-23-2018 05:56 PM

Is Urban's wife still employed by the university?

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - doss2 - 08-23-2018 08:01 PM

Did anyone really expect to$u would do the right thing unless they absolutely had to?

He'll consider it surprising he wasn't given a raise to compensate him for being subjected to such scrutiny?

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - natibeast21 - 08-23-2018 11:08 PM

OSU Alum/Lifetime bearcat fan perspective. I Root for OSU in football if they play the cats just so I wouldn’t have to hear it all day from my friends, but will be wearing Cats gear to the basketball game 100% this year and any other year. Have never been a huge Urban Meyer fan but don’t hate him. As much as I hate Alabama, Saban is by far my favorite coach in college football.

First, my take on the situation. Both Zach and his wife are both complete nut jobs. I have no idea what she wanted Urban Meyer to do. In her interview, she said at the time all of the crap was going on she thought they would be able to work it out and the marriage would last. So, did she want Urban to fire him? Either way there were too many red flags and Urban should have done more about it but whatever it was a tough situation to be in.

Second, I think Urban should have been reinstated immediately. He may not have handled the situation correctly but don’t try and tell me he was covering up an assistant coach who hasn’t received a real promotion at his job besides moving up from grad assistant in 10 years. The guy is so replaceable it’s ridiculous. Had nothing to do with winning games.

Third, The university handled the whole situation so poorly it was a joke. Somewhere someone deserves to be fired and if i has to guess gene smith should have been the one.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - digibrink - 08-24-2018 02:38 AM

(08-23-2018 11:08 PM)natibeast21 Wrote:  OSU Alum/Lifetime bearcat fan perspective. I Root for OSU in football if they play the cats just so I wouldn’t have to hear it all day from my friends, but will be wearing Cats gear to the basketball game 100% this year and any other year. Have never been a huge Urban Meyer fan but don’t hate him. As much as I hate Alabama, Saban is by far my favorite coach in college football.

First, my take on the situation. Both Zach and his wife are both complete nut jobs. I have no idea what she wanted Urban Meyer to do. In her interview, she said at the time all of the crap was going on she thought they would be able to work it out and the marriage would last. So, did she want Urban to fire him? Either way there were too many red flags and Urban should have done more about it but whatever it was a tough situation to be in.

Second, I think Urban should have been reinstated immediately. He may not have handled the situation correctly but don’t try and tell me he was covering up an assistant coach who hasn’t received a real promotion at his job besides moving up from grad assistant in 10 years. The guy is so replaceable it’s ridiculous. Had nothing to do with winning games.

Third, The university handled the whole situation so poorly it was a joke. Somewhere someone deserves to be fired and if i has to guess gene smith should have been the one.

How many controversies has Gene Smith been in charge of. That guy is a joke. I can't give Urban the benefit of the doubt because he magically forgets things and he apologized to the team, the school and the players but not to the domestic abuse victim.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - bearcatfan - 08-24-2018 06:03 AM

The more I thought about it I think Meyer is angry at the ex coach's wife for speaking out about it and keeping him away from practice for a few days, not to mention causing heartache for "Buckeye Nation".

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - natibeast21 - 08-24-2018 08:41 AM

To the two post above. 100% agree about Gene Smith. How do you guys think Urban should of handled it? I’m glad he didn’t apologize to her. What’s he suppose to say? “Sorry I didn’t fire your former husband when you thought and wanted the marriage to last?” like I said both Zach and his wife from everything I’ve read and seen of them are both losers. Was urban suppose to be their marriage counselor?

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - natibeast21 - 08-24-2018 08:48 AM

I know urban handled the situation poorly but everyone is so worried about the stupid details of him lying at media day and crap. For the actual problem of domestic violence what should Urban have done. There was one choice fire her husband and he should have. But then guess what she’s even more pissed at urban because there goes the paycheck and now she can’t blame anyone but herself for staying married to jackwagon.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - bearcatmark - 08-24-2018 08:53 AM

Meyer failed to meet is title IX reporting requirements.
Meyer blatantly and deliberately lied regarding is knowledge of the situation (then laughably blamed in on memory issues).
Meyer deleted all his text messages from the time period that would have been relevant to the investigation.

Meyer's attitude towards being investigated for this seems to be "F all of you. I have no regrets."

The excuses being made for Meyer are incredible, but not surprising. He has been defiant throughout this, which to me shows his only regret is he got caught...and we'll never know the extent of his wrong because he deleted possible evidence.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - CliftonAve - 08-24-2018 09:20 AM

(08-24-2018 08:53 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Meyer failed to meet is title IX reporting requirements.
Meyer blatantly and deliberately lied regarding is knowledge of the situation (then laughably blamed in on memory issues).
Meyer deleted all his text messages from the time period that would have been relevant to the investigation.

Meyer's attitude towards being investigated for this seems to be "F all of you. I have no regrets."

The excuses being made for Meyer are incredible, but not surprising. He has been defiant throughout this, which to me shows his only regret is he got caught...and we'll never know the extent of his wrong because he deleted possible evidence.

Agree with Mark on all counts here.

OSU had no choice but to penalize Meyer here. They admitted in the press conference there was a failure to report, pursuant to Title IX. They have to report, regardless of whether Mrs. Smith was crazy, vindictive or what have you. They have to report regardless of whether there was a police response, an indictment or a conviction.

The fact started deleted texts is problematic. In litigation, they call that spoliation of evidence. A judge would instruct the jury a spoliation inference, meaning that the jurors would have to review all evidence in as strong a light as possible against the spoliator and in the favor of the opposing party.

The defense that medication sometimes causes memory loss is equitable to "My dog ate my homework".

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - Def Berkkat - 08-24-2018 09:43 AM

(08-23-2018 11:08 PM)natibeast21 Wrote:  OSU Alum/Lifetime bearcat fan perspective. I Root for OSU in football if they play the cats just so I wouldn’t have to hear it all day from my friends, but will be wearing Cats gear to the basketball game 100% this year and any other year. Have never been a huge Urban Meyer fan but don’t hate him. As much as I hate Alabama, Saban is by far my favorite coach in college football.

I went to the UC game at O$U three years ago. I bet you were the guy in front of me with the UC hat and O$U jersey on, weren't you?

By the way, EVERYBODY hated you.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - BearcatBeta - 08-24-2018 10:00 AM

Nothing to see here. Let's get back to UC athletics

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - natibeast21 - 08-24-2018 10:23 AM

(08-24-2018 09:43 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  

I went to the UC game at O$U three years ago. I bet you were the guy in front of me with the UC hat and O$U jersey on, weren't you?

Actually no, I was a student at the time had an Ohio state shirt on and didn’t go to the game. Had an absolute blast with my both my OSU and UC friends the entire day at all the parties. But nice try dude. I don’t really give a f about what other people do anyways unlike you. Glad some random guy wearing UC and osu bothered you all game.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - UCGrad1992 - 08-24-2018 10:28 AM

(08-23-2018 11:08 PM)natibeast21 Wrote:  I Root for OSU in football if they play the cats just so I wouldn’t have to hear it all day from my friends, but will be wearing Cats gear to the basketball game 100% this year and any other year.

So you can't man up and root for UC? I've never understood divided loyalties. Sounds like [gender] sports team questioning to me. I'm the only diehard UC alumni and fan in my family who are predominantly passionate Ohio State fans. I let them know a long time ago that when those two schools play each other, UC is the team I'm rooting for. End of story.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - doss2 - 08-24-2018 10:37 AM

I hate to$u. That said we have made the HC/AD his employees keeper. During my business career I was in charge of many employees and I never knew or cared about their home life.

I would have regarded such matters as personal and or legal.

Now Pedi State was different as it was done on campus and Jerry and Joe and company deserved to be locked up. If Zach punched his wife on campus or on work time then it is his bosses business.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - Def Berkkat - 08-24-2018 10:37 AM

(08-24-2018 10:23 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  

Actually no, I was a student at the time had an Ohio state shirt on and didn’t go to the game. Had an absolute blast with my both my OSU and UC friends the entire day at all the parties. But nice try dude. I don’t really give a f about what other people do anyways unlike you. Glad some random guy wearing UC and osu bothered you all game.

Well, then you're young enough that you have time yet to develop a thicker skin and the knack to know when someone is joking around with you.

It's called a sense of humor. Not everyone is always looking for a fight, dude. Did you REALLY think that I thought you were the one guy in the 100,000+ at that game?

Oh, and by the way... all the O$U people around me hated that guy too.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - natibeast21 - 08-24-2018 10:40 AM

Yeah I’m done with this thread. Sorry I grew up a huge UC fan and went to OSU for academic reasons. I like both schools. Current season ticket holder of UC football so I’ll just post in the thread that talks about actual UC athletics. Carry on.

RE: Goodbye Fickell? - natibeast21 - 08-24-2018 10:46 AM

(08-24-2018 10:37 AM)doss2 Wrote:  I hate to$u. That said we have made the HC/AD his employees keeper. During my business career I was in charge of many employees and I never knew or cared about their home life.

I would have regarded such matters as personal and or legal.

Now Pedi State was different as it was done on campus and Jerry and Joe and company deserved to be locked up. If Zach punched his wife on campus or on work time then it is his bosses business.

This is what I agree with.