CSNbbs
AL.COM Articles - Please read - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: AL.COM Articles - Please read (/thread-854458.html)

AL.COM Articles - Please read - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-01-2018 09:11 AM

While it is true that they had made themselves irrelevant to UAB fans we have made great effort to repair this relationship. Our folks have met with the people at al.com several times and have worked very hard to get them back engaged at UAB. We need the coverage for recruiting and branding.

They have expressed they are looking at two things with the UAB articles. Page views and article comments.

We need to link here, retweet, share on facebook, post comments to articles, and encourage others to interact with articles. Thank the reporters for covering. No matter where you are page views and comments help.

I will not tolerate a bunch of negative comments with this thread so don't go there. This is from the Foundation. This is to help the program not hurt it. We are working to do something positive. Complain elsewhere or the smack board.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - oldragon - 08-02-2018 12:15 AM

Well said and spot on!

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - UAB Band Dad - 08-02-2018 08:36 PM

Roger that.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - Marathon Blazer - 08-09-2018 12:49 AM

To help keep up with them, we should start posting links to the new articles in this thread, in addition to the normal Blazertalk thread.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-09-2018 09:10 AM

I know we have some blowing this off but Coach Clark and the Foundation is for this effort so thats good enough for me.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - radioblazer - 08-09-2018 10:01 AM

Kind of hard though to comment, read, and share when they still don't post anything. Last story was the three they posted 8 days ago. Nothing but crickets since then.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-09-2018 10:52 AM

I agree but we need to keep it up. Then if they don't do what they agreed to the Foundation has ammo. If we ignore it they have nothing.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - uabegr - 08-14-2018 10:00 PM

Nope. AL.com is gone.

I've been waiting, since this was posted, to say anything. I wanted to perform a due diligence, and we did. We did a week long look, as casual observers and have logged into al.com every day since, to see of anything was posted on their page.

So far.... Not one article positively affecting UAB football.

Univ. So. Al. (Mobile) gets coverage... UAB does not.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - radioblazer - 08-15-2018 09:48 AM

Yep, guess they did not keep up with there end of the deal. No excuse as to why South Alabama gets stories every other day and has a beat writer and UAB has to rely on press releases from the SID to get anything on al.com. I could be wrong, but I think the market for UAB coverage is bigger than USA. But I don't know.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - hooverblazer - 08-15-2018 09:57 AM

(08-09-2018 10:52 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I agree but we need to keep it up. Then if they don't do what they agreed to the Foundation has ammo. If we ignore it they have nothing.

So is it time for the foundation to use their ammo? Because it's been radio silence since they put out articles for UAB media day over a week ago.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - Marathon Blazer - 08-15-2018 10:30 AM

8 articles written about South Alabama football, 0 about UAB in the past 7 days.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-15-2018 11:48 AM

Yep. People are taking note.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - mixduptransistor - 08-15-2018 07:24 PM

What are you gonna do about it? Not renew your subscription?

Maybe if you promise to read their UA Sorority Rush story 5 times to generate pageviews they'll throw you some scraps

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - busch - 08-15-2018 08:08 PM

Al.com is allowing the UAB media relations department to post their releases on the al.com site. Serious question. How many print outlets in the country use the media relations department of the local university to provide all the content for a FBS program?

I remember FAU and FIU getting little coverage from local outlets in the past. But I'm not sure of their situation right now. Rice and, to a smaller degree, Houston rarely get the spotlight in Houston but I think both have always had a beat writer in the Houston Chronicle. Tulane has always been in a similar situation.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - Marathon Blazer - 08-16-2018 12:59 AM

The Birmingham Times just posted an article about UAB football, written by former Birmingham News UAB beat writer, Solomon Crenshaw. Worth a read: http://www.birminghamtimes.com/2018/08/2018-college-football-preview-uab-back-and-still-blazin/

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - BlazerMatt - 08-16-2018 05:27 AM

Don’t worry, I’m sure their will be an article pointing out the decline in attendance after the first game.

RE: AL.COM Articles - Please read - ATTALLABLAZE - 08-16-2018 01:51 PM

It’s already been written and sent to them to sign a reporter’s name to it.