CSNbbs
A look into Houston's basketball team next year - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: A look into Houston's basketball team next year (/thread-853257.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-12-2018 03:24 PM

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - maccoog - 07-13-2018 08:33 AM

Let's go! Whose house?!!!

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - UConnHusky - 07-13-2018 09:22 AM

(07-13-2018 08:33 AM)maccoog Wrote:  Let's go! Whose house?!!!

[Image: groan-gif-10.gif]

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-13-2018 09:33 AM

(07-13-2018 09:22 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  

lmao!! its our school slogan

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - cscottl1981 - 07-13-2018 09:45 AM

I’ve been looking high and low for “The Toughest Team in America”. Who knew they were right here amongst us?

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - UConnHusky - 07-13-2018 09:48 AM

(07-13-2018 09:33 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 09:22 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  

lmao!! its our school slogan

I know. With all respect to Houston since it now has quality football and basketball, can't it come up with a more quality slogan? Every time I hear, "Whose House? Coogs House!" a little part of me dies.

UConn is a major offender as well. The lame "UUUUUconn! HUUUUskies!" chant also slowly tears at my soul.

I will give Houston credit for that spread fingered "The Shocker" hand sign, though. UConn has nothing on that. In fact, our football program isn't worth any hand sign other than the middle finger.

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - Stickboy46 - 07-13-2018 10:12 AM

[Image: tumblr_m6vljxQ8jk1r7cs8z.gif]

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - GO Coogs GO!!! - 07-13-2018 10:34 AM

(07-13-2018 09:48 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  I know. With all respect to Houston since it now has quality football and basketball, can't it come up with a more quality slogan? Every time I hear, "Whose House? Coogs House!" a little part of me dies.

UConn is a major offender as well. The lame "UUUUUconn! HUUUUskies!" chant also slowly tears at my soul.

You've clearly never attended at game at UTSA (and why would you.....) in 2013 when we visited the Alamo City that was like listening to 3 hours of fingernails on a chalkboard.....

Unoriginal and lame......... nearly every cheer and in fact the whole way they produce a game was just a cheap ripoff of someone else.

Anything that you could consider "original" was so lame it was comical......

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-13-2018 10:39 AM

(07-13-2018 09:45 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  I’ve been looking high and low for “The Toughest Team in America”. Who knew they were right here amongst us?

the other aac coaches

after the cincy lost to houston:
Cronin said. "The tougher team won."
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2018/02/16/takeaways-no-5-ranked-cincinnati-bearcats-upset-loss-houston/344569002/

"Marshall said it was a physical game and there was no question Houston was the more physical team"
McDuffie said. “We weren’t the tougher team.”
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article195782679.html

05-stirthepot

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - Stickboy46 - 07-13-2018 10:40 AM

(07-13-2018 10:39 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 09:45 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  I’ve been looking high and low for “The Toughest Team in America”. Who knew they were right here amongst us?

the other aac coaches

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/university-of-cincinnati/2018/02/16/takeaways-no-5-ranked-cincinnati-bearcats-upset-loss-houston/344569002/

"Marshall said it was a physical game and there was no question Houston was the more physical team"

05-stirthepot

Well Wichita was pretty damn soft last year ... so that's not a very high bar to set.

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - UConnHusky - 07-13-2018 10:47 AM

(07-13-2018 10:34 AM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 09:48 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  I know. With all respect to Houston since it now has quality football and basketball, can't it come up with a more quality slogan? Every time I hear, "Whose House? Coogs House!" a little part of me dies.

You've clearly never attended at game at UTSA (and why would you.....) in 2013 when we visited the Alamo City that was like listening to 3 hours of fingernails on a chalkboard.....

Unoriginal and lame......... nearly every cheer and in fact the whole way they produce a game was just a cheap ripoff of someone else.

I will give Houston credit for tradition. I almost need to attend a UTSA game now just to see their lame attempts at fandom. What kind of stuff did they chant?

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - cscottl1981 - 07-13-2018 10:48 AM

the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

I enjoyed the video. They do seem like a tough, gritty team. I just think it’s funny when you refer to yourself as “The Toughest Team in America”.

When thinking about tough teams, I would have thought about Cincinnati. I like Houston’s style (they do play hard), but I can’t imagine Cronin really believes his own quote. Sounds like he was calling his team out for not giving maximum effort.

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - Def Berkkat - 07-13-2018 10:56 AM

the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

The tougher team won... 1 out of three games.

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - GO Coogs GO!!! - 07-13-2018 11:01 AM

(07-13-2018 10:47 AM)UConnHusky Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 10:34 AM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  

I will give Houston credit for tradition. I almost need to attend a UTSA game now just to see their lame attempts at fandom. What kind of stuff did they chant?

Its been 5 years so other than the memory of how awkward the whole experience was from a fan perspective I don't recall specifics but ill see if i can dig up a clip or two to give a more accurate picture.

Basically as with the program as a whole they are an upstart that expects to be born on third base. So therefore with a lack of tradition they just steal...... errr get "inspiration" from more storied and successful programs.

Nothing wrong with passion which their fanbase clearly has but when the expectations and reality don't meet or at least don't in the time frame you expect you let's use another phrase "borrow" to fill the gaps where time and tradition would normally fill in.

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-13-2018 11:23 AM

(07-13-2018 10:48 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  

the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

I enjoyed the video. They do seem like a tough, gritty team. I just think it’s funny when you refer to yourself as “The Toughest Team in America”.

When thinking about tough teams, I would have thought about Cincinnati. I like Houston’s style (they do play hard), but I can’t imagine Cronin really believes his own quote. Sounds like he was calling his team out for not giving maximum effort.

other quotes
"We didn't handle their physicality," Cronin said
saying that UC lost "a backyard brawl" against a more physical, board-crashing Cougars team
"{houston} isnt going to go down without a brawl, they'll either foul out trying to beat us or they'll are going to beat us"

if you read the full article, its somewhat motivation but not in the way you think, he doesnt deny we are the more tougher team, the full quotes were that you cant give physical teams like this easy points. and have defensive breakdowns..

sdsus coach before the tourney, said they hadn't sen physicality like that all season, that in practice they have to practice that kind of play...

this is kind off topic, but ive said this before, jeremiah martin getting injured during the houston/memphis game was actually key to winning for memphis....our physicality comes from our guard's defense (galen and corey)..houston was up big when martin was playing...Thornton becoming the leading scorer after, by shooting 3s was what caught us off loop, as he is a big and he hadnt shoot like that in his entire career (no scouting report)...had martin been playing, he likely would have been taking most of the shots against our defensive strength

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-13-2018 11:29 AM

(07-13-2018 10:56 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  

the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

read cronin quotes he references the 1st game..he says they will beat you or foul out...
he is referencing when houston was up 18 in the first game till we got in foul trouble.

all things considered we were projected 6th you were projected 1
& it took us blowing a 18 point lead from to not win a regular season title
& and a unforced turnover to not have a shot at a conference title

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - Def Berkkat - 07-13-2018 11:41 AM

(07-13-2018 11:29 AM)pesik Wrote:  

the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

read cronin quotes he references the 1st game..he says they will beat you or foul out...
he is referencing when houston was up 18 in the first game till we got in foul trouble.

Well I guess it's all in how you look at it.

Being that we ended up winning that game by 10, one could say that UC stomped you once they woke up and pulled their head out of their a**.

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-13-2018 11:53 AM

(07-13-2018 11:41 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  

the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

Being that we ended up winning that game by 10, one could say that UC stomped you once they woke up and pulled their head out of their a**.

ill take it...like you said its how you look at it

you are free to see it as they woke up and pulled their head out of their a**

im free to notice that EVERY single big that gets any minutes for houston had 4 fouls by early second half..and we gave you guy a lot of uncontested shots and played timid in fear of fouling out..coincidentally when your turnaround started
[Image: mQNWkr.gif]

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - Def Berkkat - 07-13-2018 12:05 PM

(07-13-2018 11:53 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 11:41 AM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  
(07-13-2018 10:39 AM)pesik Wrote:  the other aac coaches

05-stirthepot

ill take it...like you said its how you look at it

you are free to see it as they woke up and pulled their head out of their a**

im free to notice that EVERY single big that gets any minutes for houston had 4 fouls by early second half..and we gave you guy a lot of uncontested shots and played timid in fear of fouling out..coincidentally when your turnaround started
[Image: mQNWkr.gif]

Dude, we'd closed the gap to three by the half.

What's next? UC colluded with the Russians to sway the tournament results?

RE: A look into Houston's basketball team next year - pesik - 07-13-2018 12:23 PM

(07-13-2018 12:05 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  Dude, we'd closed the gap to three by the half.

What's next? UC colluded with the Russians to sway the tournament results?

bro breon brady (our starting center had his 4th foul, with 2:46 left in the 1st half...we were still up 14 at that point), at that point zanna (back up center had 3 fouls), breon fouls out a minute into the second half, zanna had 4 with all the second half to go
fabian white another big get his 4th with most of the second half to go, eventually fouling out

you really think its a conspiracy theory to think that affected the game?????

YOUR HEAD COACH said when you play houston "they will either beat you or they will foul out"...this was after the second game, Houston wasnt in foul trouble in the second game, why would he mention that at all....why would he say that when he has already beat them SIMPLY by "just getting their heads out of their a** "
clearly foul trouble should have no affect onthe game...
homer glasses are strong on you