CSNbbs
Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise (/thread-853221.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - ericsrevenge76 - 07-12-2018 06:57 AM

Total lunacy imo. According to the article, the man was using the word as an example, not making a racial attack.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-as-chairman-of-companys-board-after-apologizing-for-racial-slur/ar-AAzW6Kd?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Schnatter's conference call in May came to light after Forbes magazine detailed the incident in an article on Wednesday. The report said Schnatter was on a call with marketing agency Laundry Service when he tried to downplay comments he made about the National Football League and allegedly said, “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s."

Schnatter complained that the KFC founder never faced public backlash. The call was a role-playing exercise for Schnatter to prevent future public relations fumbles.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - fsquid - 07-12-2018 07:47 AM

Your last sentence spells it out for you. He was on a short leash

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - VA49er - 07-12-2018 08:13 AM

(07-12-2018 06:57 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Total lunacy imo. According to the article, the man was using the word as an example, not making a racial attack.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-as-chairman-of-companys-board-after-apologizing-for-racial-slur/ar-AAzW6Kd?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Schnatter's conference call in May came to light after Forbes magazine detailed the incident in an article on Wednesday. The report said Schnatter was on a call with marketing agency Laundry Service when he tried to downplay comments he made about the National Football League and allegedly said, “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s."

Schnatter complained that the KFC founder never faced public backlash. The call was a role-playing exercise for Schnatter to prevent future public relations fumbles.

The bold part jumps out to me. I mean, whoever this Schnatter person is was offended because OTHER people weren't offended. WTF is that all about?

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - ericsrevenge76 - 07-12-2018 08:47 AM

(07-12-2018 08:13 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(07-12-2018 06:57 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Total lunacy imo. According to the article, the man was using the word as an example, not making a racial attack.

The bold part jumps out to me. I mean, whoever this Schnatter person is was offended because OTHER people weren't offended. WTF is that all about?

He is the goofy guy in all their commercials.

I can understand him getting heat and taking a leave or something, but having to resign seems crazy to me.

Maybe there is more going on than the article mentioned?

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - fsquid - 07-12-2018 08:49 AM

(07-12-2018 08:47 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  

I can understand him getting heat and taking a leave or something, but having to resign seems crazy to me.

yea, he blamed the NFL for his sagging pizza sales that is why he was doing this exercise with a PR firm in the first place!

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - Chappy - 07-12-2018 08:49 AM

(07-12-2018 08:13 AM)VA49er Wrote:  The bold part jumps out to me. I mean, whoever this Schnatter person is was offended because OTHER people weren't offended. WTF is that all about?

Maybe there's some sort of rivalry there to be the #1 fast food out of Kentucky?

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - BadgerMJ - 07-12-2018 08:52 AM

Papa John's founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of his company's board after admitting and apologizing for using the N-word during a May conference call.

Guess that means every "rapper", minister, or talking head who "used it" needs to resign as well.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - ericsrevenge76 - 07-12-2018 08:54 AM

The article says their stock has dropped. Papa johns was doing big business with the NFL the last several years, and their numbers dipped with the NFL ratings I believe.

Still, the guy is literally the face of the company and most people know him for those commercials with Peyton Manning.

It's pretty stunning.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - fsquid - 07-12-2018 09:07 AM

(07-12-2018 08:52 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Papa John's founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of his company's board after admitting and apologizing for using the N-word during a May conference call.

Guess that means every "rapper", minister, or talking head who "used it" needs to resign as well.

If their board of directors wants them to, they will.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - UofMstateU - 07-12-2018 09:17 AM

(07-12-2018 08:49 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

yea, he blamed the NFL for his sagging pizza sales that is why he was doing this exercise with a PR firm in the first place!

He wasnt incorrect about his assessment.

The problem is, when you hitch your horse to an entity that is suddenly doing stupid sh*t, you sever ties quietly with said entity and move on. If you call them out, you piss off a quarter of the people who were on the "kneelers" side.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - SuperFlyBCat - 07-12-2018 09:17 AM

(07-12-2018 08:52 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  Papa John's founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of his company's board after admitting and apologizing for using the N-word during a May conference call.

Good luck with that lol.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - fsquid - 07-12-2018 09:22 AM

(07-12-2018 09:17 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

He wasnt incorrect about his assessment.

The problem is, when you hitch your horse to an entity that is suddenly doing stupid sh*t, you sever ties quietly with said entity and move on. If you call them out, you piss off a quarter of the people who were on the "kneelers" side.

Hence the board requiring him to take the PR training.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - usmbacker - 07-12-2018 09:25 AM

Schnatter's net worth is reported to be $900 million. I have a feeling he will survive this.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - fsquid - 07-12-2018 09:33 AM

(07-12-2018 09:25 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  Schnatter's net worth is reported to be $900 million. I have a feeling he will survive this.

Dude has a moat around his castle, he'll be good.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - banker - 07-12-2018 09:34 AM

This guy started out making pizzas in a bar in Jeffersonville, IN and turned it in to a multi billion dollar business by the time he was in his 30s. His net worth is around $900,000,000, he'll be fine.

What I'm curious about is how did this info about the conference call even make it into the public realm? If I was on that call receiving advice from a consultant I would assume that meeting was a confidential, internal meeting.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - BadgerMJ - 07-12-2018 09:36 AM

(07-12-2018 09:07 AM)fsquid Wrote:  

If their board of directors wants them to, they will.

Doubtful.

Even if they did, I'd hate to hang waiting for it to happen.....

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - nomad2u2001 - 07-12-2018 09:45 AM

This isn't the only thing that put him on the outs with the company. According to the Forbes article, he was taken out of the commercials. He didn't like that so he signed his own marketing company to make his own to air in selected markets. He pushed out the CMO for keeping him off the air. The reason he was doing this PR stuff was because it was a condition to be put back in the advertisements.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - bullet - 07-12-2018 09:57 AM

This was simply a trigger for something they were itchy to do anyways.

RE: Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - nomad2u2001 - 07-12-2018 10:28 AM

(07-12-2018 09:34 AM)banker Wrote:  This guy started out making pizzas in a bar in Jeffersonville, IN and turned it in to a multi billion dollar business by the time he was in his 30s. His net worth is around $900,000,000, he'll be fine.

What I'm curious about is how did this info about the conference call even make it into the public realm? If I was on that call receiving advice from a consultant I would assume that meeting was a confidential, internal meeting.

Business journalists are very good at finding out things that businesses want to hide.

When the marketing firm terminated their contract they had to lay off 10% of their workers. The leak is probably within that number.

Papa Johns founder John Schnatter resigns over racial slur exercise - Jjoey52 - 07-12-2018 11:01 AM

Question for any blacks on here: Why is it ok for blacks to call each other that, but anyone else catches total hell? Please do not give me the a is a different word nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk