CSNbbs
Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events (/thread-853166.html)

Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Fort Bend Owl - 07-11-2018 06:12 AM

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-golf/spec-rel/071018aaa.html

Mitchell Meissner qualified for next month's U.S. Amateur (at Pebble Beach). It was kind of cool that he and his younger brother were the 2 qualifiers from their qualifying tournament in San Antonio (and if that's his brother in the photo standing next to Mitchell in the story linked above, his brother is like half a foot taller than him).

And I know I saw a story a couple of days ago on an amateur tournament that begins tomorrow that features Mario Carmona and like 50 other amateur golfers. It's a tournament on the east coast somewhere and the winner gets a sponsors exemption to the RBC Heritage PGA tournament at Hilton Head for 2019. I can't find that link right now.

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Owl 69/70/75 - 07-11-2018 08:00 AM

(07-11-2018 06:12 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  And I know I saw a story a couple of days ago on an amateur tournament that begins tomorrow that features Mario Carmona and like 50 other amateur golfers. It's a tournament on the east coast somewhere and the winner gets a sponsors exemption to the RBC Heritage PGA tournament at Hilton Head for 2019. I can't find that link right now.

Players' Amateur at Berkeley Hall, SC. Run by the Heritage golf foundation.

http://playersam.com

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - bobreinhold1 - 07-12-2018 04:21 PM

Carmona shot a 2 under 69 in the 1st round, and is tied for 14th.

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Almadenmike - 07-13-2018 05:47 PM

Carmona shot another 69 today and is T17 (-4), six shots back of the leaders, Andy Zhang (U.Florida rising junior, who at age 14 was youngest person to qualify for the U.S. Open) and Kiwi Daniel Hillier.

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Almadenmike - 07-14-2018 03:13 PM

Mario shot a 1-under-par 70 today to finish in a 9-way tie for 8th (-5). A very good tournament for him.

The winner was Vanderbilt rising junior John Augenstein (-12).

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - bobreinhold1 - 07-14-2018 03:29 PM

It's not over yet. Final round will be tomorrow.

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Almadenmike - 07-14-2018 03:44 PM

(07-14-2018 03:29 PM)bobreinhold1 Wrote:  It's not over yet. Final round will be tomorrow.

Ooops. Thanks, Bob. I thought it was a 3-day tourney. Should have looked at the dates in the banner.

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Almadenmike - 07-15-2018 01:38 PM

(07-14-2018 03:44 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  
(07-14-2018 03:29 PM)bobreinhold1 Wrote:  It's not over yet. Final round will be tomorrow.

Ooops. Thanks, Bob. I thought it was a 3-day tourney. Should have looked at the dates in the banner.

Carmona finished +3 today -- double bogey on #1 and three consecutive bogeys to end his round -- to fall back to T25 (-2).

(Augenstein won it at -16, four shots ahead of Zhang.)

RE: Meissner/Carmona in a couple of prestigious amateur events - Fort Bend Owl - 08-15-2018 07:00 AM

Neither Meissner or Carmona qualified for the Match Play portion of the US Amateur. Meissner came close but missed the cut off by a few strokes (his brother, the SMU golfer made it). It must have been windy - the scores weren't that great and Carmona's second round was ugly (86). There are 24 golfers tied for the last qualifying spot so they'll have some sort of insane playoff this morning to figure out who gets to play the #1 seed in the first round of Match Play.