CSNbbs
Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game (/thread-853028.html)

Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - Artemis Silver Bow - 07-08-2018 04:05 PM

Raycom Media could potential back out of sponsorship after this year. I have a friend that works for Raycom media in Montgomery and says it’s a real possibility.

Hyundai Motor company is rumored to take up a sponsorship in 2019

Also city of Montgomery wants to impress potential sponsors with a lot of people in seats this upcoming year it would not surprise me if Troy or south Alabama is bowling in Montgomery this year!

Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - WolfBird - 07-08-2018 04:10 PM

Raycom got bought. It’s absolutely not going to be the Raycom Media Bowl after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - CardinalBlackTrojan - 07-08-2018 09:45 PM

There won't be enough seats if Troy goes to the Camelia Bowl. Nevertheless, it'd be nice to see Troy in a bowl that's not in New Orleans or Mobile for once...

RE: Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - warhawk09 - 07-08-2018 10:03 PM

(07-08-2018 04:05 PM)Artemis Silver Bow Wrote:  Raycom Media could potential back out of sponsorship after this year. I have a friend that works for Raycom media in Montgomery and says it’s a real possibility.

Also city of Montgomery wants to impress potential sponsors with a lot of people in seats this upcoming year it would not surprise me if Troy or south Alabama is bowling in Montgomery this year!

They get the third pick, so it's really not up to them who they get. They get what's left after NOLA and Mobile and I'd have to image Troy and South would be high on those lists.

RE: Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - SkullyMaroo - 07-08-2018 10:19 PM

(07-08-2018 10:03 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  
(07-08-2018 04:05 PM)Artemis Silver Bow Wrote:  Raycom Media could potential back out of sponsorship after this year. I have a friend that works for Raycom media in Montgomery and says it’s a real possibility.

They get the third pick, so it's really not up to them who they get. They get what's left after NOLA and Mobile and I'd have to image Troy and South would be high on those lists.

USA isn't high on the Dollar General Bowl's list.

RE: Camillia bowl could lose sponsor after 2018 bowl game - arkstfan - 07-08-2018 10:41 PM

(07-08-2018 10:19 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(07-08-2018 10:03 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  

USA isn't high on the Dollar General Bowl's list.

I had a google alert for GoDaddy Bowl that I've never bothered to update for Dollar General Bowl but when I was getting the alerts I'd get links to articles about the City Council reviewing each year whether to extend/end/change its support for the game and the discussion always seemed to focus on hotel occupancy as a critical measure. That's the metric that is always going to be an argument against picking USA.

Moving to USA's stadium might reduce the pressure some.