CSNbbs
Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team (/thread-852245.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - BlazerMatt - 06-23-2018 07:26 PM

Haven’t heard anything about HaHa

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - josephblazer2770 - 06-24-2018 07:45 PM

Congratulations.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - notnow - 06-24-2018 09:01 PM

I’ll take my Coke with a big smile!

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - TheGORILLA - 06-25-2018 02:59 PM

Chris played 20 minutes per game for three games in the Portsmouth Invitational. He averaged over ten rebounds per game and about ten points per game. Very impressive, to say the least. His team won two games and lost their final game by one point. He is fearless in the paint, experienced. He is a beast. Stats don't lie. I hope Charlotte signs him.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Memphis Blazer - 06-25-2018 03:06 PM

Whether the Hornets put him on the final roster r not, this is great exposure. He will be seen by other NBA teams who might lead to a developmental league contract, which might groom him for bigger things. It could also lead to a better contract overseas

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - jthrashr - 06-25-2018 03:45 PM

Chris doesn't really have the height to be a pure post player in the NBA, but I think he's quick enough to switch onto wings, which is essentially a requirement for all NBA bigs at this point.

If he ever develops a serviceable three-point shot, I think he makes a roster. He could turn into a PJ Tucker type down the road.

HaHa better fits the profile of what NBA teams want right now, so I wonder if he make a summer league roster.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Memphis Blazer - 06-25-2018 04:08 PM

(06-25-2018 03:45 PM)jthrashr Wrote:  Chris doesn't really have the height to be a pure post player in the NBA, but I think he's quick enough to switch onto wings, which is essentially a requirement for all NBA bigs at this point.

If he ever develops a serviceable three-point shot, I think he makes a roster. He could turn into a PJ Tucker type down the road.

HaHa better fits the profile of what NBA teams want right now, so I wonder if he make a summer league roster.

I agree.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - blazers9911 - 06-25-2018 04:57 PM

I’m not worried as much about his height as I am his speed and the evolving game. Even centers in the NBA shoot 3’s now a day. But Cokley is one of those guys who got better each year and found a way to get it done. I hope he finds a way to make a roster, he could make an impact in the right situation.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - bftb - 06-28-2018 01:53 PM

HaHa is on the Grizzlies summer league roster

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/6/27/17508766/memphis-grizzlies-announce-summer-league-roster-nba-jaren-jackson

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - jthrashr - 06-28-2018 04:48 PM

(06-28-2018 01:53 PM)bftb Wrote:  HaHa is on the Grizzlies summer league roster

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2018/6/27/17508766/memphis-grizzlies-announce-summer-league-roster-nba-jaren-jackson

I don't know if it was intentional, but the Grizzlies picked up a lot of players from the region.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Memphis Blazer - 06-28-2018 04:53 PM

Grizzlies are a clusterduck right now. And I am a fan. Hope HAha gets noticed by a more stable team

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - hooverblazer - 06-29-2018 08:29 AM

Would be cool to see Haha playing for the Grizzlies when they play the preseason game at the BJCC against the Rockets.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Auburn_Blazer - 07-02-2018 08:36 AM

(06-29-2018 08:29 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Would be cool to see Haha playing for the Grizzlies when they play the preseason game at the BJCC against the Rockets.

Oh man. I totally forgot about that. That would be so cool!

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Rebounder2u - 07-04-2018 10:37 AM

Cokley was cut because the coach plan is to install base offense during the summer and wanted guys scheduled to stick with the team to go into Vegas.
Give Coke a chance to pivot to Europe or China

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - The Answer UAB - 07-05-2018 08:51 AM

Lee 2 pts 1 rb and one DNPCD in two games. Doesn’t look good for him either.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Memphis Blazer - 07-05-2018 09:55 AM

There is 0% chance of Lee making the Grizzlies roster.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - ATTALLABLAZE - 07-05-2018 11:35 AM

I think you are being gererous with that 0%.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - the_blazerman - 07-05-2018 01:05 PM

Would have been an uphill battle for both of them, especially Lee.

Some have made a good living playing overseas.

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - Memphis Blazer - 07-05-2018 01:21 PM

(07-05-2018 01:05 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Would have been an uphill battle for both of them, especially Lee.

Some have made a good living playing overseas.

Actually, given their style of play, bodies, and the NBA style of play, Lee probably would have a better shot at the NBA than Cokley. A big player who can hit the three is much more valuable than a 6’8 post up player. Cokley needs a few more inches to play that style in the NBA

RE: Cokely playing on the Hornets Summer League team - BlazerPhil - 07-05-2018 04:16 PM

Fortunately for Cokely, there is a 3 on 3 League starting up that seems to have a good backing.