CSNbbs
House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok (/thread-852207.html)

Pages: 1 2

House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - usmbacker - 06-22-2018 09:17 PM

[Image: fz2aoh.jpg]

Game on!

Quote:Committee on the Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte on Friday subpoenaed former FBI Agent Peter Strzok to appear for a deposition next week.

Goodlatte issued the subpoena even though Strzok’s attorney said that Strzok is willing to testify voluntarily before Congress.

“We regret that the Committee felt it necessary to issue a subpoena when we repeatedly informed them that Pete was willing to testify voluntarily,” Strzok lawyer Aitan Goelman said in a statement after Goodlatte issued the subpoena.

A statement on the Judiciary Committee’s website said that the panel has “repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear.”

As the FBI’s deputy chief of counterintelligence, Strzok oversaw the bureau’s investigation into possible Trump campaign ties to the Russian government. He was also a top investigator on the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton email probe.

Keep reading here

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - 450bench - 06-22-2018 09:24 PM

Playtime is apparently over...about time

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - UCGrad1992 - 06-22-2018 10:13 PM

I think the Judiciary Committee, like many of us, is just plain tired of not getting to the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This crap has dragged on far too long.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - TechRocks - 06-22-2018 10:29 PM

Stork certainly can't claim he's busy at work interviewing potential janitors for that opening on the 7th floor.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - Attackcoog - 06-23-2018 01:41 AM

Honestly....in retrospect----I cant imagine he could think that affair was worth it. Page isnt exactly Kate Upton....not even sure Upton would be worth this mountain of fecal material....then again....

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - Marc Mensa - 06-23-2018 09:20 AM

He’s been begging to appear before the committee for a month now.

House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - JMUDunk - 06-23-2018 09:26 AM

(06-23-2018 09:20 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  He’s been begging to appear before the committee for a month now.

Really?

Linky?

Thx

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - Marc Mensa - 06-23-2018 10:06 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/fbi-agent-removed-from-russia-probe-for-anti-trump-texts-says-hes-willing-to-testify-before-congress/2018/06/17/8d144160-7256-11e8-805c-4b67019fcfe4_story.html

Peter Strzok, who was singled out in a recent Justice Department inspector general report for the politically charged messages, would be willing to testify without immunity, and he would not invoke his Fifth Amendment rights in response to any question, his attorney, Aitan Goelman, said in an interview Sunday. Strzok has become a special target of President Trump, who has used the texts to question the Russia investigation.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - UCGrad1992 - 06-23-2018 10:32 AM

(06-23-2018 10:06 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/fbi-agent-removed-from-russia-probe-for-anti-trump-texts-says-hes-willing-to-testify-before-congress/2018/06/17/8d144160-7256-11e8-805c-4b67019fcfe4_story.html

Peter Strzok, who was singled out in a recent Justice Department inspector general report for the politically charged messages, would be willing to testify without immunity, and he would not invoke his Fifth Amendment rights in response to any question, his attorney, Aitan Goelman, said in an interview Sunday. Strzok has become a special target of President Trump, who has used the texts to question the Russia investigation.

Did you read the OP or go to the link? I'll cite additional articles below. Of course, I didn't see anything posted on this from either CNN or MSNBC.

Quote:While Strzok’s attorney reported days ago that the embroiled FBI employee would be willing to testify voluntarily in hopes of clearing his name, the Judiciary Committee issued the order so that they could nail down a specific date for the agent to appear.
The Blaze

Quote:House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Virginia Republican, said in a statement that the committees have “repeatedly” asked to interview Mr. Strzok, but he has yet to appear.
Washington Times

Quote:The Committees have repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear.
House Judiciary Committee Web Site

Quote:Even though Strzok was already willing to go before Congress, the committee issued the order because he wouldn’t confirm a specific date to appear.
Fox News

Quote:"The Committees have repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear," the statement said.
The Hill

Quote:The subpoena announcement, issued Friday evening, said Strzok had yet to appear before the committees, despite repeated requests. Strzok is to sit for a deposition.
Bloomberg

Quote:But, in Friday's announcement, the Judiciary Committee said they had "repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear."
USA Today

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - bullet - 06-23-2018 10:32 AM

(06-23-2018 09:26 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(06-23-2018 09:20 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  He’s been begging to appear before the committee for a month now.

Really?

Linky?

Thx

His attorney claimed he wanted to talk, but he never would. So they did a subpoena.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - 450bench - 06-23-2018 10:38 AM

Stork and his attorney put on a nice front saying he would voluntarily appear. Then nothing but a bs statement. They were told if they didn’t respond they’d be subpoenaed. So there ya go.

House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - JMUDunk - 06-23-2018 10:44 AM

(06-23-2018 10:06 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/fbi-agent-removed-from-russia-probe-for-anti-trump-texts-says-hes-willing-to-testify-before-congress/2018/06/17/8d144160-7256-11e8-805c-4b67019fcfe4_story.html

So, 5 days is now a month?

Why hasn’t Stroke shown up? It’s not like he’s tied up at work in that bustling HR Ddepartment.

He and his attorney are trying to somehow, some way, make a victim out of this deplorable DB,

I hope he and Fired Andy vaca at club fed together. Maybe they can share a cell and potty.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - UCGrad1992 - 06-23-2018 10:48 AM

(06-23-2018 10:32 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Did you read the OP or go to the link? I'll cite additional articles below. Of course, I didn't see anything posted on this from either CNN or MSNBC.

Quote:While Strzok’s attorney reported days ago that the embroiled FBI employee would be willing to testify voluntarily in hopes of clearing his name, the Judiciary Committee issued the order so that they could nail down a specific date for the agent to appear.
The Blaze

Quote:House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, Virginia Republican, said in a statement that the committees have “repeatedly” asked to interview Mr. Strzok, but he has yet to appear.
Washington Times

Quote:The Committees have repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear.
House Judiciary Committee Web Site

Quote:Even though Strzok was already willing to go before Congress, the committee issued the order because he wouldn’t confirm a specific date to appear.
Fox News

Quote:"The Committees have repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear," the statement said.
The Hill

Quote:The subpoena announcement, issued Friday evening, said Strzok had yet to appear before the committees, despite repeated requests. Strzok is to sit for a deposition.
Bloomberg

Quote:But, in Friday's announcement, the Judiciary Committee said they had "repeatedly requested to interview Mr. Strzok regarding his role in certain decisions, but he has yet to appear."
USA Today

To further illustrate the bias in reporting, here is a portion of a CNN article about the subpoena of Strzok but no mention of the Judiciary Committee repeatedly asking for him to appear/give a date when he would appear:

Quote:It is also unclear why Goodlatte issued a subpoena, as Strzok's attorney had sent a letter to the committee saying Strzok would voluntarily testify before the committee or any other congressional committee that invites him.
Biased CNN

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - TechRocks - 06-23-2018 11:44 AM

I figured when his attorney said he'd be willing to testify in front of the committee, he was leaving out the key part.......the McCabe-move..........willing to testify if given immunity.

House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - JMUDunk - 06-23-2018 11:48 AM

This is all starting to unravel. Still pulling on the thread on the sleeve, but soon enough it’s gonna be a big ball o yarn.

Just reading Bullets post about the State Dept and its prior knowledge of the fake dossier, of course paid for by... former Secretary of State, the failed Cank.

Once one of these people flips, and they will, this Aaaaaaallll gets exposed as the complete fraud it’s always been. Just follow the popcorn trail.

What cracks me up is some of us called this for just so much BS from day one. Just didn’t know where or how this schiff was all coming about, who was making it up.

Guess all it took to convince me was watching and listening to Sen. Frankenlurch drone on in their “investigation”. Boy, that was productive.

The complicit, useful idiots.

Putin’s gotta be ear to ear

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - olliebaba - 06-23-2018 01:13 PM

(06-23-2018 11:44 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  I figured when his attorney said he'd be willing to testify in front of the committee, he was leaving out the key part.......the McCabe-move..........willing to testify if given immunity.

Finally, someone posted it. He said he'd testify if he could get immunity. Yeah right, that dirtbag needs to end up in cuffs and then in jail. No immunity testimony. We've gotten enough of that shiite from Oblunders people, thanks to that wonderful AG Lynch.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - TechRocks - 06-23-2018 01:52 PM

(06-23-2018 01:13 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(06-23-2018 11:44 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  I figured when his attorney said he'd be willing to testify in front of the committee, he was leaving out the key part.......the McCabe-move..........willing to testify if given immunity.

Finally, someone posted it. He said he'd testify if he could get immunity. Yeah right, that dirtbag needs to end up in cuffs and then in jail. No immunity testimony. We've gotten enough of that shiite from Oblunders people, thanks to that wonderful AG Lynch.

I haven't seen Stork's attorney make that request specifically, McCabe's, yes.

Anyway, it's now official that he has to show up in front of the committee. We'll know soon enough if he really intends to talk or will just take the 5th. With all he's accused of doing, I tihnk he'd be an absolute idiot to talk instead of taking the 5th.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - olliebaba - 06-23-2018 02:07 PM

He'll be stupid not to take the fifth. He's in a LOT of hot water.

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - Marc Mensa - 06-23-2018 02:27 PM

without immunity, Ace...

RE: House Judiciary Committee Subpoenas Peter Strzok - SoMs Eagle - 06-23-2018 02:49 PM

I think they are all hoping beyond hope that Mueller finds some silver bullet real quick that saves their asses.
I can’t believe this idiot stayed on at the FBI. I figured he must be talking but sheesh, he’s just an idiot. Who is hiring these incompetent fools. Gives me a lot of confidence.