CSNbbs
Early Recruiting - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Early Recruiting (/thread-851992.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Early Recruiting - geauxcajuns - 06-19-2018 10:43 AM

Billy Napier and staff have been doing a good job so far of getting some pretty good kids to commit to the program. They also seem to be the right kind of athletes, unlike what Hudspeth did his last two or three years here.

https://247sports.com/college/louisiana/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

RE: Early Recruiting - TrueBlueDrew - 06-19-2018 10:57 AM

It's a good sign when a coach can hit the ground running. Hopefully Napier keeps up the momentum.

RE: Early Recruiting - geauxcajuns - 06-19-2018 11:05 AM

(06-19-2018 10:57 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  It's a good sign when a coach can hit the ground running. Hopefully Napier keeps up the momentum.

The early signing period will be huge for this class. Our top 3 recruits could easily sign with much bigger programs.

RE: Early Recruiting - Bobcat2013 - 06-19-2018 11:30 AM

Damn.. yall just had to pass us up! Keep it up Cajuns!

RE: Early Recruiting - slycat - 06-19-2018 11:36 AM

UL is doing great so far. There was an article from the TXST football camp and a couple guys really talked up UL.

https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-quick-hitters-from-summer-everett-withers-camp

South Oak Cliff three-star cornerback Bobby Holmes has had another run of offers come his way this spring, and after an unofficial visit to Indiana earlier this spring, he said the Hoosiers staff is anxious to have him back for an official.

“I wouldn’t say that they’re the most serious but that’s the school that’s offered me and I feel like fits me,” he said. “They’ve been on me pretty hard though, talking to my coaches and my parents, so they’re trying to get me.”

At this point of his recruitment, it seems as though Indiana has been the one Power Five team that has been most interested in him, but there are a couple of other teams that have made a positive impression on him in the spring as well. The one that possibly stands out most in that group is Louisiana-Lafayette.

“I have been out there for an unofficial,” he said. “They have a nice campus. They have dogs on the team. I feel like if I can go someplace like that with other players like that, that will help me and my development.”

RE: Early Recruiting - T2003 - 06-19-2018 11:38 AM

I noticed that and wanted to start a thread as well.

I noticed UL's recruiting success in recent years. Do you think this has something to do with your facilities? IMO UL has the best training facilities in the SBC and Ark St and Troy are catching up just now.
Also I noticed LA Tech and Tulane doing pretty well. UL and LA Tech upgraded their facilities just a few years ago and both now manage to land highly rated 3-star prospect, so I somehow assume there is a correlation between recruiting and facilities for you guys (despite P5 competition)? How come UL, LA Tech and Tulane are so succesful with respect to recruiting in LA despite LSU's dominance?

With the new endzone building, Troy is also moving into this territory now. We landed a top rated CB (from Pensacola, FL) just a few days ago, 3-stars (0.8700 rating), in addition to a 3-star RB.

RE: Early Recruiting - TroyFootball05 - 06-19-2018 01:06 PM

(06-19-2018 11:38 AM)T2003 Wrote:  I noticed UL's recruiting success in recent years. Do you think this has something to do with your facilities?

Honestly, every time I've seen a head coaching change, that school's recruiting sees a noticeable bump.

RE: Early Recruiting - geauxcajuns - 06-21-2018 06:41 AM

(06-19-2018 01:06 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(06-19-2018 11:38 AM)T2003 Wrote:  I noticed UL's recruiting success in recent years. Do you think this has something to do with your facilities?

Honestly, every time I've seen a head coaching change, that school's recruiting sees a noticeable bump.

While thatbis true, there are huge changes coming to the program. Cajun Field is soon to get a complete ground up renovation. Essentially making it a completely new stadium.

The APC has been a good boost to recruiting as well. But I also believe that Billy Napier’s pedigree and relationships with Dabo and Saban are helping him with HS coaches that had all but crossed off Hudspeth. These current commits are not the type of young men or athletes Hudspeth would recruit.

It also helps when one of your better recruits is dead set on getting the best athletes in his local area to commit to the program as well. QB Chandler Fields has been huge in getting other Louisiana athletes to really consider the program. I’m expecting two more dynamic, highly regarded skill players to commit soon because of his efforts.

The Legendre kid is as good or better than Elijah McGuire was coming out of high school.

RE: Early Recruiting - balanced_view - 06-22-2018 12:44 PM

(06-19-2018 11:36 AM)slycat Wrote:  UL is doing great so far. There was an article from the TXST football camp and a couple guys really talked up UL.

https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-quick-hitters-from-summer-everett-withers-camp

South Oak Cliff three-star cornerback Bobby Holmes has had another run of offers come his way this spring, and after an unofficial visit to Indiana earlier this spring, he said the Hoosiers staff is anxious to have him back for an official.

“I wouldn’t say that they’re the most serious but that’s the school that’s offered me and I feel like fits me,” he said. “They’ve been on me pretty hard though, talking to my coaches and my parents, so they’re trying to get me.”

At this point of his recruitment, it seems as though Indiana has been the one Power Five team that has been most interested in him, but there are a couple of other teams that have made a positive impression on him in the spring as well. The one that possibly stands out most in that group is Louisiana-Lafayette.

“I have been out there for an unofficial,” he said. “They have a nice campus. They have dogs on the team. I feel like if I can go someplace like that with other players like that, that will help me and my development.”

since his name was brought up earlier, three-star cornerback Bobby Holmes, committed to Louisiana today.

RE: Early Recruiting - chiefsfan - 06-23-2018 12:12 AM

According to our coaching staff, we've offered 362 athletes this class. 25 of those will end up signing, 337 will go play elsewhere.

RE: Early Recruiting - GSUALUM17 - 06-23-2018 09:00 AM

Luis Cristobel, nephew of the University of Oregon head coach Mario Cristobal, commited to Georgia State. Solid 3 star OL recruit by rivals and 247. "Cristobal is a 6'2, 295lbs offensive guard prospect with very good size and a serious finisher with punch. He dominated in individual drills at head coach Shawn Elliott's camp on Thursday." Awesome that Ellliott's summer football camps are paying off.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2019/luis-cristobal-209418#school-interests
https://247sports.com/Player/Luis-Cristobal-46039409

RE: Early Recruiting - Bobcat2013 - 06-23-2018 02:46 PM

We're having our annual "Party in the Park" where they take a bunch of our recruits to Sewell Park on campus to presumably sell them on floating the river and TXST girls. Has been very successful the past two years. Too bad they can't give em alcohol or take them out to the square tonight lol. Should get some commitments this weekend.

RE: Early Recruiting - GSUALUM17 - 06-25-2018 02:17 PM

App and GSU are only G5 teams that made his final cut. What are the chances either of us snag him? Any chatters about him around App circles?

RE: Early Recruiting - ComeBackShack - 06-25-2018 03:24 PM

(06-25-2018 02:17 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  

App and GSU are only G5 teams that made his final cut. What are the chances either of us snag him? Any chatters about him around App circles?

Very doubtful either of us land him unless he has issues or non-commitable offers.

RE: Early Recruiting - slycat - 06-25-2018 04:15 PM

(06-22-2018 12:44 PM)balanced_view Wrote:  
(06-19-2018 11:36 AM)slycat Wrote:  UL is doing great so far. There was an article from the TXST football camp and a couple guys really talked up UL.

since his name was brought up earlier, three-star cornerback Bobby Holmes, committed to Louisiana today.

Awesome. He clearly liked what UL was offering

RE: Early Recruiting - chiefsfan - 06-25-2018 04:20 PM

I hate the idea of recruits pretending to narrow their list to 5 or 10 teams. That's just not how it actually works.

RE: Early Recruiting - eaglewraith - 06-25-2018 04:41 PM

Very doubtful. That's pretty similar to when we were in Parker Boudreaux's top 5 a few years back.

Good publicity though. You want your name spread around so mission accomplished there, anything else is just icing on the cake with guys like that.

RE: Early Recruiting - AppManDG - 06-25-2018 07:27 PM

24-7 shows App with 4 commitments, but we actually have 10 (one will announce Juy 4th). Apps have an amazingly small '19 class of 12-13. Seven of the ten haven't been rated by 24-7 yet, but I'm confident they'll all be 2 star prospects who will turn out to be starters and some all conf players.

RE: Early Recruiting - TroyFootball05 - 06-25-2018 07:29 PM

Just pulled in this beast...

https://247sports.com/player/ricky-samuel-46043177

RE: Early Recruiting - GSUALUM17 - 06-26-2018 10:52 AM

(06-25-2018 04:41 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  

Very doubtful. That's pretty similar to when we were in Parker Boudreaux's top 5 a few years back.

Good publicity though. You want your name spread around so mission accomplished there, anything else is just icing on the cake with guys like that.

well...then icing on the cake with this speedy linebacker. beat out schools from SEC, ACC, AAC 02-13-banana