CSNbbs
"ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." (/thread-851985.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

"ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - usmbacker - 06-19-2018 09:37 AM

Any company that would hire the hate filled Keith Olberman has earned terrible ratings. This leftist company is getting their just rewards. When they gave Bruce Jenner their courage award for wearing a dress, I quit watching them.

Quote:ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point.

Outkick the Coverage founder Clay Travis recently discussed the new numbers for “Get Up” and “High Noon.” They’re as bad as you could get for TV programs. Travis wrote:

When it comes to original programming ESPN is nothing short of a disaster so far this year. But even I was surprised by how much of a disaster things have become with two expensive new shows being aired live from New York City, WokeCenter AM, aka Get Up, and WokeCenter 3.0, aka High Noon/Low Noon/Everything Is Racist. The two shows aired on Thursday and Friday of last week and both hit all time viewership lows, failing to crack 200k viewers.

Yes, it really is this bad, ESPN can’t even get 200,000 people to watch its original shows on the main network.

Get Up, aka WokeCenter 2.0, had just 197,000 viewers this past Thursday from 7-10 am eastern, a whopping 33 percent off the ratings ESPN had for a traditional SportsCenter airing at the same time in the exact same June week last year. SportsCenter, which aired from Bristol and cost a fraction of the $35 million yearly budget of Get Up, had 294,000 viewers last year.

Keep reading here....

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Lord Stanley - 06-19-2018 09:40 AM

The Not Top 10 List is the only thing I watch.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - fsquid - 06-19-2018 09:41 AM

I'm more pissed they moved the rugby they used to carry behind a paywall.

"ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Jjoey52 - 06-19-2018 10:35 AM

The only non live event I ever watch is Gameday during college fb season. I have not watched a full sports center for well over 20 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - 450bench - 06-19-2018 10:47 AM

Hiring olberdouche pushed em over the cliff...03-nutkick

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - UCGrad1992 - 06-19-2018 11:11 AM

Remember when MTv was groundbreaking and just about music videos? Over time it became less about music and more about reality TV. Where is it now? In the poo pile of programming. ESPN has gone down a similar road. It is becoming more about reality TV and political commentary than televising sports. Viewers have taken note and are watching elsewhere.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - BuffaloTN - 06-19-2018 11:12 AM

(06-19-2018 09:41 AM)fsquid Wrote:  I'm more pissed they moved the rugby they used to carry behind a paywall.

You can always find a decent stream for those online though.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Redwingtom - 06-19-2018 11:18 AM

With all due respect, if you think this has ANYTHING to do with KO, you're not very bright.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - VA49er - 06-19-2018 11:20 AM

(06-19-2018 11:18 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  With all due respect, if you think this has ANYTHING to do with KO, you're not very bright.

He's part of it. Final straw for me was when ESPN FC went to that app. Once it went of ESPN I have no use for the channel other than the occasional live telecast, etc.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - 450bench - 06-19-2018 11:21 AM

(06-19-2018 11:18 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  With all due respect, if you think this has ANYTHING to do with KO, you're not very bright.

They were in the tank before they hired the guy, that's true. Hiring him certainly didn't help.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - fsquid - 06-19-2018 11:26 AM

(06-19-2018 11:12 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  
(06-19-2018 09:41 AM)fsquid Wrote:  I'm more pissed they moved the rugby they used to carry behind a paywall.

You can always find a decent stream for those online though.

I have a torrent site that I've been using for years. I just had to go back to that.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Niner National - 06-19-2018 11:57 AM

I don't watch sports talk shows. I'd rather read sports news. I watch live events only and even that is rare.

I care very little about sports these days. I'll watch the Panthers and my college, but I don't even get too wrapped up in those anymore. Too many other ways to entertain one's self these days.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - BuffaloTN - 06-19-2018 12:27 PM

(06-19-2018 11:57 AM)Niner National Wrote:  I don't watch sports talk shows. I'd rather read sports news. I watch live events only and even that is rare.

I care very little about sports these days. I'll watch the Panthers and my college, but I don't even get too wrapped up in those anymore. Too many other ways to entertain one's self these days.

They are kind of amusing when LeBron shows up with a fake cast after getting swept.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Gakusei - 06-19-2018 12:48 PM

I feel like ESPN's declining ratings have less to do with politics than they do with cord cutting and offering a terrible product. Even their coverage of games is awful. The announcers usually know nothing about the teams unless they're top 25, and spend a good portion of the broadcast hyping the next top 25 game instead of covering the actual game that's happening. SportsCenter and especially any of their talk shows are nearly unwatchable.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Lord Stanley - 06-19-2018 01:23 PM

(06-19-2018 12:48 PM)Gakusei Wrote:  I feel like ESPN's declining ratings have less to do with politics than they do with cord cutting and offering a terrible product. Even their coverage of games is awful. The announcers usually know nothing about the teams unless they're top 25, and spend a good portion of the broadcast hyping the next top 25 game instead of covering the actual game that's happening. SportsCenter and especially any of their talk shows are nearly unwatchable.

For me, I got older but the the ESPN commentary remained geared at the 18-30 year old sport-centric alpha-male Wal-Mart fan.

It's especially strained to me considering I'm a G5 fan and all my favorite sports teams being in "flyover" country (try to find an example of the Twins leading a Sportscenter broadcast,) plus the fact that I enjoy non-revenue sports.

Now I'd watch a Sports Center Classic, but the current stuff isn't for my demographic any longer. Hard to criticize that considering it's the same reason I don't watch MTV or Bravo or whatever because I'm exactly who Sportscenter (or MTV, or Bravo) doesn't care about. 03-lmfao

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Gakusei - 06-19-2018 01:32 PM

(06-19-2018 01:23 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(06-19-2018 12:48 PM)Gakusei Wrote:  I feel like ESPN's declining ratings have less to do with politics than they do with cord cutting and offering a terrible product. Even their coverage of games is awful. The announcers usually know nothing about the teams unless they're top 25, and spend a good portion of the broadcast hyping the next top 25 game instead of covering the actual game that's happening. SportsCenter and especially any of their talk shows are nearly unwatchable.

For me, I got older but the the ESPN commentary remained geared at the 18-30 year old sport-centric alpha-male Wal-Mart fan.

It's especially strained to me considering I'm a G5 fan and all my favorite sports teams being in "flyover" country (try to find an example of the Twins leading a Sportscenter broadcast,) plus the fact that I enjoy non-revenue sports.

Now I'd watch a Sports Center Classic, but the current stuff isn't for my demographic any longer. Hard to criticize that considering it's the same reason I don't watch MTV or Bravo or whatever because I'm exactly who Sportscenter (or MTV, or Bravo) doesn't care about. 03-lmfao

When FS1 was starting up, I was really hopeful that they would offer a solid alternative to SportsCenter. Their attempt at that was pretty bad, and now they don't even try. I do miss their coverage of CUSA. Their announcers were light years better than ESPN's.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - GoodOwl - 06-19-2018 01:54 PM

(06-19-2018 11:11 AM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Remember when MTv was groundbreaking and just about music videos? Over time it became less about music and more about reality TV. Where is it now? In the poo pile of programming. ESPN has gone down a similar road. It is becoming more about reality TV and political commentary than televising sports. Viewers have taken note and are watching elsewhere.

Remember when ESPN had fun sports shows like World's Strongest Man Competitions with Magnuss, etc...? They called them "junk sports" at the time, but compared to the JUNK networks like ESPN program with nowadays, I'd rather watch the guys pull trains with their teeth and move giant tires.

And Bring back guys like Minnesota Fats and Willie Moscone:

Stuff like that was waaaay more worth watching than these leftist talking heads crying about the latest progressive talking points complaint du jour.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - thespiritof1976 - 06-19-2018 01:55 PM

IMO, ESPN was better when it ran Aussie Rules Football, NWA Wrestling, and Arena Football on tape delay.

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - bobdizole - 06-19-2018 01:57 PM

They just do not have much content on the main channels. I still enjoying listening to ESPN radio during the day. They seem to be able to keep politics out of their broadcasts

RE: "ESPN’s ratings are officially laughably bad at this point." - Gakusei - 06-19-2018 02:01 PM

(06-19-2018 01:55 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  IMO, ESPN was better when it ran Aussie Rules Football, NWA Wrestling, and Arena Football on tape delay.

They've shifted a lot of that now to ESPN3 (free with most cable/internet services) and ESPN+ ($4.99/mo).