CSNbbs
Updated Football Roster - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Updated Football Roster (/thread-851344.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Updated Football Roster - emu79 - 06-07-2018 07:06 AM

anyone missing? I believe all the newcomers are listed. We need to be at 85 around the beginning of August.

http://emueagles.com/roster.aspx?path=football

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 07:36 AM

(06-07-2018 07:06 AM)emu79 Wrote:  anyone missing? I believe all the newcomers are listed. We need to be at 85 around the beginning of August.

Samari Saddle is listed.:)

RE: Updated Football Roster - Ken Barna - 06-07-2018 08:27 AM

Dear Friends,
Lion King is missing. He was #48 in the spring game, and played in the game. He would have been a senior this year.
I realize he was not a starter on defense. Anyone know anything?

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 08:47 AM

(06-07-2018 08:27 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
Lion King is missing. He was #48 in the spring game, and played in the game. He would have been a senior this year.

I don't know anything but he never cracked the 2-deeps and our depth at his position is good.

Quite frankly, I think a lot of players should look at their careers after two seasons (or two and a redshirt) and see if they have good chances to make the 2-deeps or significant time on at least special teams.

As we all know, there are plenty of opportunities in the GLIAC for players who can't crack MAC 2-deeps. Or even lesser D-I like some FCS lesser conferences.

Reggie Bell is an example of a fmr MAC player who found big success in the GLIAC.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 08:51 AM

One think which I like: the OL kids.

2017 was the year of the defense esp. DL,

2018 should be similar. Can Crosby be even better than 2017????

2019, I honestly believe, will be the start of a good OFFENSIVE LINE run. I think Sow, Howie and Saddler are ALL high ceiling prospects. I think the big question is "How quickly" do they develop. I also like some of the other 2018 OL recruits.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu79 - 06-07-2018 09:19 AM

Others with eligibility after the 2017 now not on roster Artistilde, Moon, Holloman, Bo Bell, Justice Williams, Chris Bukoski who started last year and Figueroa defensive lineman who played a bit.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu79 - 06-07-2018 09:20 AM

(06-07-2018 07:36 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 07:06 AM)emu79 Wrote:  anyone missing? I believe all the newcomers are listed. We need to be at 85 around the beginning of August.

Steve it is Saddler. Thanks.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 10:08 AM

(06-07-2018 09:20 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 07:36 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

Steve it is Saddler. Thanks.

The spell check on my phone got me... 04-chairshot

RE: Updated Football Roster - Huron Boy - 06-07-2018 10:19 AM

(06-07-2018 09:19 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

Others with eligibility after the 2017 now not on roster Artistilde, Moon, Holloman, Bo Bell, Justice Williams, Chris Bukoski who started last year and Figueroa defensive lineman who played a bit.

I know turnover at this level happens for a wide range of reasons, but sad to see Figueroa gone. Justice Williams must not have panned out? Met D'Marcus Moon last year - nice kid and wish him well in TX.

Lion King got caught in numbers game and the vast improvement in our D-line. Friend of mine was his elementary teacher - said he was a good kid. Hope he finds a home playing DII or DIII.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 10:30 AM

(06-07-2018 10:19 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  

I know turnover at this level happens for a wide range of reasons, but sad to see Figueroa gone. Justice Williams must not have panned out? Met D'Marcus Moon last year - nice kid and wish him well in TX.

Lion King got caught in numbers game and the vast improvement in our D-line. Friend of mine was his elementary teacher - said he was a good kid. Hope he finds a home playing DII or DIII.

As a fan who wishes players the best while they are at EMU and after they leave EMU, I'm glad that the GLIAC is available to players who are talented but either lack the talent OR were blocked (at their position) at EMU.

As we know, we have a lot of very talented DEs, QBs, etc. Not a lot of PT at DE as long as Crosby and Harris are healthy. Likewise, no PT for the 4th or 5th string QB.

RE: Updated Football Roster - Huron Boy - 06-07-2018 10:46 AM

(06-07-2018 10:30 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

As a fan who wishes players the best while they are at EMU and after they leave EMU, I'm glad that the GLIAC is available to players who are talented but either lack the talent OR were blocked (at their position) at EMU.

As we know, we have a lot of very talented DEs, QBs, etc. Not a lot of PT at DE as long as Crosby and Harris are healthy. Likewise, no PT for the 4th or 5th string QB.

You are correct Steve - #1 story for fall is the QBs - hope the coaches pick wisely.....

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 11:08 AM

(06-07-2018 10:46 AM)Huron Boy Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 10:30 AM)emu steve Wrote:  

You are correct Steve - #1 story for fall is the QBs - hope the coaches pick wisely.....

Thanks for the comment. I wanted to post this...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2018/06/07/jayru-campbell-tosses-past-aside-ready-comeback-ferris-state/661304002/

Jayru Campbell is the type of recruit who might make a coach COY or get him fired. If you understand what I'm getting at...

We have plenty of QBs (subject of the comments above) but this guy who is going to Ferris State could be a star, even at the FBS level, or a cancer on a team.

Supposedly he straightened out his life at Garden City C.C. and did well as an athlete and student. Some people need to get out of the city and away from temptations and bad influences.

The EMU tangent is that one of his receivers at GCCC was Thomas Odukoya, our TE recruit.

What is neat about JUCO ball is that our coach can say, "What was your experience with Player X when you were teammates?"

If Odukoya say, "He was mature, a good leader, never in trouble, etc. etc." then a coach says to his assistant coaches "Should we take a look..."

Campbell has P5 abilities...

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 11:20 AM

One thing I like about our roster is that it includes players for roughly a dozen different JUCOs.

That means:

1). We have our foot in the doors of a lot of good JUCO programs,

2). Our players know other players at those JUCOs. Word of mouth, both ways, is a good thing.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 12:33 PM

BTW, 85 scholarship but I think the total number on the roster can be around 100 or 105. I forget which.

I have no idea how many scholarship players we have.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu79 - 06-07-2018 12:50 PM

(06-07-2018 12:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

BTW, 85 scholarship but I think the total number on the roster can be around 100 or 105. I forget which.

I have no idea how many scholarship players we have.

85 scholarship by beginning of regular season, maximum roster for FBS is 105

Also are they greyshirts, redshirts blue shirts counting against what year but its still 85 overall

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 12:51 PM

I'm giddy at the size of the new OLs on the roster: Sow (Rfr), 315; Howie, 315; Saddler, 285.

For our friend Ken, we could have "5 blocks of granite" (P.S. hope we don't go with dual TEs, but Thomas Okukoya could be 6th 'block of granite' as a TE).

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu79 - 06-07-2018 01:35 PM

(06-07-2018 12:51 PM)emu steve Wrote:  I'm giddy at the size of the new OLs on the roster: Sow (Rfr), 315; Howie, 315; Saddler, 285.

For our friend Ken, we could have "5 blocks of granite" (P.S. hope we don't go with dual TEs, but Thomas Okukoya could be 6th 'block of granite' as a TE).

I would expect Howie, Saddler, Johnson, Dooley to be redshirted this year. I expect that Sow weighs more than 315 at this point. I expect Sow to be in the mix to replace Chris Bukoski who had a second serious injury.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 02:17 PM

(06-07-2018 01:35 PM)emu79 Wrote:  
(06-07-2018 12:51 PM)emu steve Wrote:  I'm giddy at the size of the new OLs on the roster: Sow (Rfr), 315; Howie, 315; Saddler, 285.

I would expect Howie, Saddler, Johnson, Dooley to be redshirted this year. I expect that Sow weighs more than 315 at this point. I expect Sow to be in the mix to replace Chris Bukoski who had a second serious injury.

Indeed I would expect Sow to replace Bukowski.

I expect Howie and Saddler to be redshirt candidates, but I think they are big and strong enough to possibly make a bid for PT as true frosh.

I'm sure the staff will watch them lift and if they have strength to go with their weight, they could surprise us. Depends how fast they can learn the college game. OL takes time to learn.

Most true frosh don't weigh either a solid 285 or 315.

RE: Updated Football Roster - EagleTough - 06-07-2018 02:37 PM

Armstrong is back up to 290, so I think he's in Bukoski's LT spot as of now. Sow the 2nd string RT I believe. Still need that stud Juco LT because Dervil apparently didn't turn out to be that guy. Donnellon now at 300, really good future for him. Rohrschneider at 300 is a player on the interior.

RE: Updated Football Roster - emu steve - 06-07-2018 02:45 PM

(06-07-2018 02:37 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Armstrong is back up to 290, so I think he's in Bukoski's LT spot as of now. Sow the 2nd string RT I believe. Still need that stud Juco LT because Dervil apparently didn't turn out to be that guy. Donnellon now at 300, really good future for him. Rohrschneider at 300 is a player on the interior.

Of the positions of the future (besides DE) will OL be the (or 'a') strength of this team in 2019?

We will lose some rising seniors but we are stockpiling talent along the OL. Some will come through, I'd think.