CSNbbs
Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon (/thread-851165.html)

Pages: 1 2

Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - usmbacker - 06-04-2018 04:22 PM

The fruit loops running California are doing their leftist best to drive people out of the state.

Quote:A whopping 46 percent of California Bay Area residents fed up with the region’s high cost of living and soaring home prices are planning to pack their bags and move out in the next few years, a poll has found.

The poll, conducted by the Bay Area Council, which describes itself as a business-sponsored, public policy advocacy organization, also found that homelessness and heavy traffic are among the things that most irk residents who live there.

“This is the trend we’ve been observing. Two years ago, it was 34 percent and last year it was 40,” the group’s president, Jim Wunderman, told KTVU about the increasing amount of those polled indicating that they want to get out.

[url=U http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/04/bay-area-exodus-nearly-50-percent-californians-say-want-to-move-out-soon-poll-finds.html]Keep reading here[/url]

RE: Nearly 50% Of Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - HeartOfDixie - 06-04-2018 04:23 PM

I think I can speak for most of the rest of the country when I say that I wish they would stay put.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - UofMstateU - 06-04-2018 04:33 PM

They need to lie in the bed that they made. And that bed is a sh*thole.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Hambone10 - 06-04-2018 04:46 PM

I would be surprised if they meant 'out of the state'. My understanding is that a big part of the reason California is focused on high speed rail to the CV from the Bay Area (when regular rail already exists) as opposed to bus service to LA (no rail) is so that those people can live elsewhere but work there.

Same story with the hyperloop.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - shere khan - 06-04-2018 04:54 PM

They can go to mexico

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Lord Stanley - 06-04-2018 04:58 PM

Send them to Illinois for a Calinois fusion explosion!

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Kronke - 06-04-2018 05:05 PM

We told ya' so. The smart money has already left, those with any common sense whatsoever are leaving now, and the bagholders that paid $1.23 million for something like this are about to get wiped out.

Quote:Condemned house sells for $1.2 million in Fremont

[Image: sjm-l-fremont-0417-1.jpg?w=620]

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/16/condemned-house-sells-for-1-2-million-fremont/

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - JMUDunk - 06-04-2018 05:19 PM

(06-04-2018 04:23 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I think I can speak for most of the rest of the country when I say that I wish they would stay put.

Yea, that just struck me.

"Oh, no"...

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - JMUDunk - 06-04-2018 05:22 PM

(06-04-2018 05:05 PM)Kronke Wrote:  We told ya' so. The smart money has already left, those with any common sense whatsoever are leaving now, and the bagholders that paid $1.23 million for something like this are about to get wiped out.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/16/condemned-house-sells-for-1-2-million-fremont/

Holy Schit! Are you serious? a Buck and a qtr for THAT?!? My goodness what suckers. I wonder what they pay in taxes on that joint too?

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Hambone10 - 06-04-2018 05:25 PM

It's been a while, but a small single-wide on a plot of land barely bigger than the small single wide (like 5 or 600 sf) sold for 800k or something in the area.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Lord Stanley - 06-04-2018 05:29 PM

My cousin sold his mom's house in Palo Alto in the late 90s and made enough money to open an exotic butcher shop. He later got closed down for selling illegal lion meat and also for illegally importing Japanese knives.

True story.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Kronke - 06-04-2018 05:54 PM

(06-04-2018 05:22 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(06-04-2018 05:05 PM)Kronke Wrote:  We told ya' so. The smart money has already left, those with any common sense whatsoever are leaving now, and the bagholders that paid $1.23 million for something like this are about to get wiped out.

Holy Schit! Are you serious? a Buck and a qtr for THAT?!? My goodness what suckers. I wonder what they pay in taxes on that joint too?

Quote:Burned shell of a home sells for more than $900,000 in San Jose

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/19/burned-shell-of-a-home-sells-for-more-than-900000-in-san-jose/

[Image: sjm-l-birdave-0413-1.jpg?w=767]

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - HuskyU - 06-04-2018 06:02 PM

Poor decision to invest in property that's about to fall into the ocean.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - olliebaba - 06-04-2018 06:24 PM

Some people just have no sense. I believe that those houses were sold for that much but why would someone shell out that kind of money for the land, really. That's what it is unless you want to do a total remo and in California that's not cheap either.

Personally, I'd just rent or I'd buy a trailer or RV and live close to where I'd want to live. I know the rental space would be a little expensive (much more than in EP for instance) but you wouldn't be spending in the millions.

In the beginning of my marriage I told my wife that if we ever moved to another city (especially ones where they normally have natural disasters) that we would rent and not buy because I wouldn't want the headaches associated with fixing it up again after the disaster. You rent, it gets destroyed, you move, simple.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - HeartOfDixie - 06-04-2018 06:44 PM

(06-04-2018 04:54 PM)shere khan Wrote:  They can go to mexico

Many of them are already pretty much there.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - Brookes Owl - 06-04-2018 06:52 PM

(06-04-2018 04:46 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  I would be surprised if they meant 'out of the state'. My understanding is that a big part of the reason California is focused on high speed rail to the CV from the Bay Area (when regular rail already exists) as opposed to bus service to LA (no rail) is so that those people can live elsewhere but work there.

Same story with the hyperloop.

Article says only 16% want to stay in CA, but it also says (as noted in the OP quote), "in the next few years" which means it's not terribly reliable. It's one thing to say "California sucks", which I do regularly, another thing to say "I'm gonna move!" which I say periodically, and quite another to say "I just sold my house and scheduled the movers for next Tuesday," which I'm yet to say...

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - banker - 06-04-2018 08:32 PM

I have a friend that just moved to San Fransico. He works for Eli Lilly and his fiancée got a fellowship at Stanford. She's some kind of neuro medical genius. Anyway, they found a "cheap" 2 bedroom apartment that's only $4,500 a month. That equates to almost a payment on a $1,000,000 30-year mortgage.

Money will be no issue for them in a few years, not much of one now, but they will get out as soon as they can. You just can't pass up a fellowship with Stanford's med school. Most likely will go to Atlanta or Miami.

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - 49RFootballNow - 06-05-2018 08:02 AM

I thought they were trying to bring Mexico to them?

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - BadgerMJ - 06-05-2018 08:16 AM

(06-04-2018 04:22 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  The fruit loops running California are doing their leftist best to drive people out of the state.

Quote:A whopping 46 percent of California Bay Area residents fed up with the region’s high cost of living and soaring home prices are planning to pack their bags and move out in the next few years, a poll has found.

The poll, conducted by the Bay Area Council, which describes itself as a business-sponsored, public policy advocacy organization, also found that homelessness and heavy traffic are among the things that most irk residents who live there.

“This is the trend we’ve been observing. Two years ago, it was 34 percent and last year it was 40,” the group’s president, Jim Wunderman, told KTVU about the increasing amount of those polled indicating that they want to get out.

[url=U http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/04/bay-area-exodus-nearly-50-percent-californians-say-want-to-move-out-soon-poll-finds.html]Keep reading here[/url]

LOL

So the "progressive" leftists had their way and enacted their feel good policies which has lead to their state/cities turning into shiteholes.

Do they take pause and think about what they did? Hell no.

Their solution is to pick and move from the area THEY turned into said shiteholes leaving the problems for someone else. At the same time, looking for another place to ruin with their radical left wing agenda.

Doing the same things the same way and expecting different results.......

RE: Nearly 50% Of Bay Area Californians Say They Want To Move Out Soon - TigerBlue4Ever - 06-05-2018 10:48 AM

(06-05-2018 08:02 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  

I thought they were trying to bring Mexico to them?

I thought Mexico had declared war on them to get Cali back. It sure appears to be an invasion.