CSNbbs
The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead (/thread-850636.html)

The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - CrimsonPhantom - 05-25-2018 04:14 PM

03-puke 03-puke 03-puke

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Fort Bend Owl - 05-25-2018 05:41 PM

I thought everyone here hates her? I'll give her new show a chance -the clip was mildly amusing. It can't be as bad as the Sarah Silverman show on Hulu (or the already cancelled Chelsea show on Netflix)???

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Kaplony - 05-25-2018 08:33 PM

Who?

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Owl 69/70/75 - 05-25-2018 09:11 PM

Watched enough of the trailer to determine that this is not a show I'll be watching.

The last TV series I watched with any regularity was Law & Order in the Michael Moriarty days. Just checked, that was 24 years ago. Wow, time flies.

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Kaplony - 05-25-2018 10:52 PM

(05-25-2018 09:11 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Watched enough of the trailer to determine that this is not a show I'll be watching.

The last TV series I watched with any regularity was Law & Order in the Michael Moriarty days. Just checked, that was 24 years ago. Wow, time flies.

Old fart!

My Captain loved that era Law & Order too. If we were flipping through and he saw an episode with Moriarty in it he claimed Captain's privilege and that's what we watched. Main reason we ended up pooling our money and put a second TV in the bunk room.

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - CrimsonPhantom - 05-26-2018 06:21 PM

I was hoping that the name of the strong female lead was going to be released, but am still waiting.

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Kronke - 05-26-2018 06:38 PM

Cringe.

Make The Left Funny Again

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Native Georgian - 05-26-2018 09:11 PM

(05-25-2018 10:52 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(05-25-2018 09:11 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  The last TV series I watched with any regularity was Law & Order in the Michael Moriarty days. Just checked, that was 24 years ago. Wow, time flies.
My Captain loved that era Law & Order too. If we were flipping through and he saw an episode with Moriarty in it he claimed Captain's privilege and that's what we watched.
It’s not that Moriarty is a better actor than Waterston (about equal in my book), but the scripts were much more complex in those days IMHO. Episodes sometimes presented defendants in a positive light, or at least a neutral-light, and the audience was given a chance to appreciate how vague/inadequate the laws really are to address every human tragedy or conflict that comes up in life. I feel like the L&O franchise really stepped away from that kind of show as years went by.

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - TigerBlue4Ever - 05-27-2018 06:39 AM

A female DJT? This can't be a real show, surely it's satire.

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - EigenEagle - 05-27-2018 07:52 AM

You guys missed the point. It's making fun of shows that bend over backwards to try and please SJW feminists by not having female characters that are "stereotypes".

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Fo Shizzle - 05-27-2018 08:18 AM

Who the hell is she?

RE: The Break with Michelle Wolf | Featuring a Strong Female Lead - Fort Bend Owl - 05-27-2018 11:22 AM

Okay I just watched the first show and am ready to issue my honest review. While it's not too political and not nearly as offensive as the Sarah Silverman show on Hulu, it's also not that funny. Her voice is super, super annoying and it's just kind of like watching a person dragging their fingernails on a chalkboard when you know she's talking.

The video segment linked to in the original post in this thread is probably the funniest part of the show? Overall, I may give it another chance or two (they have new episodes every Sunday). But for now, I'll give it a 4/10. If you want to watch a weekly talk show on Netflix that is funny (even though it also has weak moments), I suggest The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale. That's basically a re-boot of his own Talk Soup show on E! I think? But it has funny video clips of strange shows and videos from around the world. There might be like 12 or 13 episodes of that show you can watch on Netflix. It's on hiatus for now but it will return this summer with new episodes.

This has been your Netflix review of the day.