CSNbbs
NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered (/thread-850468.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - q5sys - 05-22-2018 09:49 PM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/22/anthem-rules-kneeling-penalties-home-team-stay-locker-room-roger-goodell

Quote:ATLANTA — On Tuesday, NFL owners put three hours aside for a privileged session to speak—amongst themselves and family members—about the most sensitive of topics.

One was how the league will handle players kneeling during the national anthem going forward. An idea being floated in the room goes like this: It would be up to the home team on whether both teams come out of the locker room for the anthem, and, should teams come out, 15-yard penalties could be assessed for kneeling.

The league is currently being sued by Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid, with the two unsigned free agents alleging that NFL teams colluded to keep them unemployed. Kaepernick was the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem, to protest police brutality, starting a trend that swept across the league in 2016 and '17.

The NFL addressed the anthem issue at its meetings in October and March, with plans to further discuss it at this meeting. The league also met with the Players Coalition in October, and agreed to a seven-year, $89 million social-justice partnership.

According to sources, the owners also discussed how to move forward its partnership with the players and finalized the terms of the deal.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Kronke - 05-22-2018 10:01 PM

winning

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - fsquid - 05-23-2018 05:57 AM

A 15 yard penalty won't do much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - stinkfist - 05-23-2018 06:11 AM

I said it when dipshite did it the first time....

just keep 'em in the locker room and be done with it.....

there's no reason for them to be on the field at that time if the thugs are going to take that approach.....

it's either that or don't play the anthem....

#pickyourpoison

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - fsquid - 05-23-2018 06:12 AM

They used to do that until the DOD paid the NFL for them to be out there

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - EverRespect - 05-23-2018 07:19 AM

(05-23-2018 05:57 AM)fsquid Wrote:  A 15 yard penalty won't do much

I thought the same thing, especially for the receiving team on a kickoff (will just result in a touchback). And if both teams do it, the penalties offset, correct?

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - solohawks - 05-23-2018 07:22 AM

what a dumb response

for billionaires these guys make some dumb decisions

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Redwingtom - 05-23-2018 09:07 AM

The NFL continuing to do the dumbest thing possible. Add this to the ever growing list of why the league is losing viewers.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - fsquid - 05-23-2018 09:08 AM

You either make a strict rule like the NBA or you leave them in the locker room. Pretty fing simple

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - thespiritof1976 - 05-23-2018 09:18 AM

Most of these idiots don't even know what they're protesting about anyway.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Chappy - 05-23-2018 09:34 AM

You're just going to end up with offsetting 15 yard penalties when players from both teams kneel.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Redwingtom - 05-23-2018 10:39 AM

(05-23-2018 09:18 AM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Most of these idiots don't even know what they're protesting about anyway.

i·ro·ny
ˈīrənē

noun

a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - usmbacker - 05-23-2018 10:41 AM

Not the answer. Fine them and hit them in the bank. I mean heavy fines.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Kronke - 05-23-2018 11:41 AM

(05-23-2018 07:19 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(05-23-2018 05:57 AM)fsquid Wrote:  A 15 yard penalty won't do much

I thought the same thing, especially for the receiving team on a kickoff (will just result in a touchback). And if both teams do it, the penalties offset, correct?

Ineffective punishment that won't do anything to stop it is only going to compound their problem. Now you'll have commentators and PA announcers clarifying the penalties in the stadium and on TV, booing fans, etc. It's going to be great.

Winning!

NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - JMUDunk - 05-23-2018 12:30 PM

(05-23-2018 10:41 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  Not the answer. Fine them and hit them in the bank. I mean heavy fines.

They kneel?

Send em off to the locker room and dock em a game check.

If they’re SO offended by our national anthem and would rather stay in the locker room during its being played? Fine, no problem, no issue.

End this schit in short order.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Redwingtom - 05-23-2018 12:53 PM

(05-23-2018 12:30 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(05-23-2018 10:41 AM)usmbacker Wrote:  Not the answer. Fine them and hit them in the bank. I mean heavy fines.

They kneel?

If they’re SO offended by our national anthem and would rather stay in the locker room during its being played? Fine, no problem, no issue.

You SERIOUSLY still don't know why they're kneeling? 04-chairshot

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - fsquid - 05-23-2018 01:18 PM

Well, it will be a fine and the players have the option to stay in the locker room

[Image: Dd5OjNgV4AENEKF.jpg:large]

NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - JMUDunk - 05-23-2018 01:19 PM

(05-23-2018 12:53 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

They kneel?

I know what they claim, im not entirely convinced they know why they’re kneeling. Nor why our National Anthem offends them so.

Hate America First, I guess.

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Redwingtom - 05-23-2018 02:17 PM

(05-23-2018 01:19 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(05-23-2018 12:53 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

They kneel?

I know what they claim, im not entirely convinced they know why they’re kneeling. Nor why our National Anthem offends them so.

Hate America First, I guess.

JHFC. 03-banghead

RE: NFL’s Proposed National Anthem Rules: Penalties for Kneeling Being Considered - Redwingtom - 05-23-2018 02:18 PM

Curious, will the concession stands stop selling beer and other items and the merchandise tables suspend sales during the anthem? Will they close the restrooms and clear the concourses? Will they direct the TV cameras to focus their frame only on the flag or anthem singer during the anthem?