CSNbbs
Prayers out to Texas - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Prayers out to Texas (/thread-850217.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Prayers out to Texas - KAjunRaider - 05-18-2018 11:02 AM

http://www.wsfa.com/story/38222688/report-active-school-shooting-situation-at-texas-high-school

damn this stuff will never end

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - OwlFamily - 05-18-2018 12:59 PM

I saw something that makes sumamrizes my feelings on this...

"No more Thoughts & Prayers, its time for Policy and Change"

This has to stop.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - KNIGHTTIME - 05-18-2018 01:03 PM

(05-18-2018 12:59 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I saw something that makes sumamrizes my feelings on this...

This has to stop.

You mean like taking away things from law abiding citizens?

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - Jack Bauer - 05-18-2018 01:38 PM

Stop promoting these events in the news. Don't ever mention the name of the criminal, someone justs wants their name all over the tv and to be famous

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - OwlFamily - 05-18-2018 01:53 PM

(05-18-2018 01:38 PM)Jack Bauer Wrote:  Stop promoting these events in the news. Don't ever mention the name of the criminal, someone justs wants their name all over the tv and to be famous

I agree with this part strongly. Stop showing his picture, simply call him the assailant, never mention him again. His crime is worthy of being erased from memory.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - dragon2owl - 05-18-2018 02:24 PM

One of the students shot is a Univeristy of Houston baseball commit.
Quote:Romeshubert ❄️

@rome_shubert17
Follow Follow @rome_shubert17
I’m so greatful and blessed that god spared me life today. Today I was shot in the back of the head but i am completely okay and stable.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - stanman505 - 05-18-2018 02:48 PM

I am a high school teacher and this stuff really hits home. There is no single solution to the problem. It is not just a gun problem, metal health problem, bullying problem and security problem. It is all of those things combined and until something is done to address all of those areas it will continue to happen. The thing I have said to my students is that the only way they will get harmed if something like this happened at our school would be if I was taken out. This shakes me to the core and if we as a society want to end this problem then everybody must be willing to listen. Anti gun people are entrenched as the pro gun people are and both sides are making it impossible for meaningful change to happen. The enemy is the killing, and not people with different viewpoints. Polarization is destroying our great country. We as a nation must be better than what we have seen from both liberals and conservatives over the last 25 years.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - bit_9 - 05-18-2018 02:56 PM

(05-18-2018 02:48 PM)stanman505 Wrote:  I am a high school teacher and this stuff really hits home. There is no single solution to the problem. It is not just a gun problem, metal health problem, bullying problem and security problem. It is all of those things combined and until something is done to address all of those areas it will continue to happen. The thing I have said to my students is that the only way they will get harmed if something like this happened at our school would be if I was taken out. This shakes me to the core and if we as a society want to end this problem then everybody must be willing to listen. Anti gun people are entrenched as the pro gun people are and both sides are making it impossible for meaningful change to happen. The enemy is the killing, and not people with different viewpoints. Polarization is destroying our great country. We as a nation must be better than what we have seen from both liberals and conservatives over the last 25 years.

Well said and your point is evident in the first 2 exchanges in this thread. Nobody can get passed their own opinions. We're a nation of people talking at each other and not a lot of listening.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - MTPiKapp - 05-18-2018 02:58 PM

(05-18-2018 01:03 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 12:59 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I saw something that makes sumamrizes my feelings on this...

This has to stop.

Very few are talking disarmament, and no things like expanded background checks, increased registration laws, ending undocumented personal sales, ending gunshow loopholes etc is not "taking things away from law abiding citizens".

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - stanman505 - 05-18-2018 03:20 PM

(05-18-2018 02:56 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 02:48 PM)stanman505 Wrote:  I am a high school teacher and this stuff really hits home. There is no single solution to the problem. It is not just a gun problem, metal health problem, bullying problem and security problem. It is all of those things combined and until something is done to address all of those areas it will continue to happen. The thing I have said to my students is that the only way they will get harmed if something like this happened at our school would be if I was taken out. This shakes me to the core and if we as a society want to end this problem then everybody must be willing to listen. Anti gun people are entrenched as the pro gun people are and both sides are making it impossible for meaningful change to happen. The enemy is the killing, and not people with different viewpoints. Polarization is destroying our great country. We as a nation must be better than what we have seen from both liberals and conservatives over the last 25 years.

Well said and your point is evident in the first 2 exchanges in this thread. Nobody can get passed their own opinions. We're a nation of people talking at each other and not a lot of listening.

You are 100% correct. We have to start listening and value the opinions of others.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - nastybunch - 05-18-2018 03:26 PM

It is not a gun problem, it is a heart problem. With that said, I have these families in my prayers.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - OptimisticOwl - 05-18-2018 03:44 PM

While researching school shootings, I came across this.

I had no idea there had been so many or they went back so far. guess I was under the impression they started with Columbine.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - Franko - 05-18-2018 04:11 PM

(05-18-2018 02:58 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

This has to stop.

Very few are talking disarmament, and no things like expanded background checks, increased registration laws, ending undocumented personal sales, ending gunshow loopholes etc is not "taking things away from law abiding citizens".
That is something a majority can agree on, making it harder for those who don't need be near weapons making it very difficult for them to have them.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - Green Menace - 05-18-2018 04:21 PM

Where do these kids get the idea of killing people(classmates) in a mass shooting like this? What has changed in our society that causes such activity? Is it the graphic computer games, or real life, no holds barred graphic killings on the cinema screens? People get blown apart in movies. But it's just the "movies", right? Something has effected the youth of today and yesterday. Society is in deep trouble for these types of mass shootings to continue.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - OptimisticOwl - 05-18-2018 04:25 PM

(05-18-2018 04:11 PM)Franko Wrote:  
(05-18-2018 02:58 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

This has to stop.

That is something a majority can agree on, making it harder for those who don't need be near weapons making it very difficult for them to have them.

You're right. Nobody should be allowed to have anything they don't need.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - AdoptedMonarch - 05-18-2018 06:00 PM

(05-18-2018 04:21 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  Where do these kids get the idea of killing people(classmates) in a mass shooting like this? What has changed in our society that causes such activity? Is it the graphic computer games, or real life, no holds barred graphic killings on the cinema screens? People get blown apart in movies. But it's just the "movies", right? Something has effected the youth of today and yesterday. Society is in deep trouble for these types of mass shootings to continue.

I was 13 when I saw Alfred Hithcock's "Psycho". It scarred me sleepless. I couldn't fathom how a movie depicting such violence could ever be made.

We've come a long way, baby.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - Fort Bend Owl - 05-18-2018 06:04 PM

The Washington Post reported today that more people have died in school shootings this year in the US than in the military. I'm not trying to wish ill will upon the military, but that's unbelievable.

We have to do something. Thoughts and prayers are meaningless at this point.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - MTPiKapp - 05-18-2018 09:33 PM

(05-18-2018 06:04 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  We have to do something. Thoughts and prayers are meaningless at this point.

Always have been...

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - MTPiKapp - 05-18-2018 09:34 PM

(05-18-2018 04:21 PM)Green Menace Wrote:  Where do these kids get the idea of killing people(classmates) in a mass shooting like this? What has changed in our society that causes such activity? Is it the graphic computer games, or real life, no holds barred graphic killings on the cinema screens? People get blown apart in movies. But it's just the "movies", right? Something has effected the youth of today and yesterday. Society is in deep trouble for these types of mass shootings to continue.

It's not really a recent problem.

RE: OT: Prayers out to Texas - Dawgxas - 05-18-2018 09:57 PM

(05-18-2018 02:56 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  

Both well said there is so much more to a person than their political opinions. This is a human problem so much more than liberal or conservative. With the way these kids live and breathe on social media unfortunately I think this problem will continue.