CSNbbs
Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread (/thread-850199.html)

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Michael in Raleigh - 08-18-2020 09:59 AM

(08-18-2020 09:09 AM)kevinwmsn Wrote:  I like the bright blue skies that App State has. When will the construction expected to be finished in the endzone?

It's a matter of weeks. They're behind schedule.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - bill dazzle - 08-18-2020 11:24 AM

(08-13-2020 10:24 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  Before and after for App State's KiddBrewer Stadium

[Image: vFZYnQi.jpg]

[Image: 0XCrYwi.jpg]

Strong. A beautiful setting, too.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Carolina_Low_Country - 08-18-2020 11:30 AM

(07-20-2020 07:48 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Legacy Arena in Downtown Birmingham (Next to new Protective Stadium in the Uptown District) is undergoing $70 million dollars in major renovations that should be completed by the end of 2021.

It will no longer look like a giant bomb shelter after completion....lol.

[Image: LWKN3OWH6JF4RIZPSAD5QGK36Y.jpg]
[Image: 44CJY4IUUNAWNBDTDSZMG4USGE.jpg]
[Image: 4RSI7XWAN5F2LGBITTM6R3S4NM.jpg]
[Image: V2XXCVQ2MJB37MDEHM7VOPNDXA.jpg]

What it will look like after completion:
[Image: CqFD6f1XEAAqDik.jpg]
[Image: CqFEPpJWgAAezY9.jpg]
[Image: CqFFf7aXgAE46OX.jpg]

Will UAB play any games in here going forward?

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Michael in Raleigh - 08-18-2020 12:08 PM

(08-18-2020 11:24 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(08-13-2020 10:24 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  Before and after for App State's KiddBrewer Stadium

[Image: vFZYnQi.jpg]

[Image: 0XCrYwi.jpg]

Strong. A beautiful setting, too.

Agreed. 04-cheers

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - HiddenDragon - 08-18-2020 12:28 PM

(08-18-2020 11:30 AM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  
(07-20-2020 07:48 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Legacy Arena in Downtown Birmingham (Next to new Protective Stadium in the Uptown District) is undergoing $70 million dollars in major renovations that should be completed by the end of 2021.

It will no longer look like a giant bomb shelter after completion....lol.

[Image: LWKN3OWH6JF4RIZPSAD5QGK36Y.jpg]
[Image: 44CJY4IUUNAWNBDTDSZMG4USGE.jpg]
[Image: 4RSI7XWAN5F2LGBITTM6R3S4NM.jpg]
[Image: V2XXCVQ2MJB37MDEHM7VOPNDXA.jpg]

What it will look like after completion:
[Image: CqFD6f1XEAAqDik.jpg]
[Image: CqFEPpJWgAAezY9.jpg]
[Image: CqFFf7aXgAE46OX.jpg]

Will UAB play any games in here going forward?

I'm sure they may play a game like the Bartow Classic against Memphis in the new arena. I'm also sure that Auburn and Alabama will scheduled a non conference game there as well.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - HiddenDragon - 08-18-2020 12:30 PM

Protective Stadium coming along in a timely manner.

Earthcam view Protective Stadium

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Michael in Raleigh - 08-18-2020 02:26 PM

(08-18-2020 12:30 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Protective Stadium coming along in a timely manner.

Someone on the Sun Belt message board pointed out that Alabama has some real quality stadiums for their colleges. Alabama, Auburn, Troy, South Alabama (coming soon), and UAB (coming soon) all have really nice P5 and G5 stadiums. Alabama State has to have one of the best FCS stadiums. Goes to show you the premium the state of Alabama puts on college football.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - orangefan - 08-18-2020 02:43 PM

Construction on the Carrier Dome is on time and scheduled to be complete by 9/18, a week before the home opener.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - HiddenDragon - 08-18-2020 04:51 PM

(08-18-2020 02:26 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(08-18-2020 12:30 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Protective Stadium coming along in a timely manner.

Someone on the Sun Belt message board pointed out that Alabama has some real quality stadiums for their colleges. Alabama, Auburn, Troy, South Alabama (coming soon), and UAB (coming soon) all have really nice P5 and G5 stadiums. Alabama State has to have one of the best FCS stadiums. Goes to show you the premium the state of Alabama puts on college football.

I'm pretty sure South Alabama's stadium is just about completed. They maybe doing some cosmetic stuff to it but I think it's pretty much finished. This photo was taken in May of this year.

[Image: 5eb0be9e5939f.image.png?resize=750%2C447]

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - TexanMark - 08-18-2020 05:15 PM

(08-18-2020 02:43 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Construction on the Carrier Dome is on time and scheduled to be complete by 9/18, a week before the home opener.

Who told you they were on time?

I'm starting to worry

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - TexanMark - 08-18-2020 05:16 PM

(08-18-2020 04:51 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure South Alabama's stadium is just about completed. They maybe doing some cosmetic stuff to it but I think it's pretty much finished. This photo was taken in May of this year.

Hopefully they move the Bowl game to the new stadium.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - HiddenDragon - 08-18-2020 05:25 PM

(08-18-2020 05:16 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(08-18-2020 04:51 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

Hopefully they move the Bowl game to the new stadium.

I know the Senior Bowl will be moving to South Alabama's stadium after the 2020 season. Not sure about the bowl game.

Senior Bowl leaving Ladd in 2021.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - kevinwmsn - 08-18-2020 07:36 PM

No announcement has been made about the Lending Tree Bowl, the bowl officials were going to give Ladd a chance to fix it up. Not sure if Chip and Joann can do a fixer upper on that. Being the City and people around Ladd didn't give to the stadium, I wouldn't expect it to happen. City does give to the bowl and more concerned about capacity of Ladd(40K) vs Hancock Whitney(25k now expandable to 40K).

No announcement for the Gulf Coast Challenge either, but that has more to do with SWAC schools shutting football down.

Once the landscaping is finished, you need a new pic of our stadium.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - orangefan - 08-18-2020 07:56 PM

(08-18-2020 05:15 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(08-18-2020 02:43 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Construction on the Carrier Dome is on time and scheduled to be complete by 9/18, a week before the home opener.

I'm starting to worry
Reported in the news on August 7: "The Carrier Dome roof replacement project is hitting the home stretch and is still on schedule to be finished by September 18."

https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/carrier-dome-project-on-track-to-be-finished-by-sept-18/

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - TexanMark - 08-20-2020 08:28 AM

(08-18-2020 07:56 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(08-18-2020 05:15 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

I'm starting to worry
Reported in the news on August 7: "The Carrier Dome roof replacement project is hitting the home stretch and is still on schedule to be finished by September 18."

https://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/carrier-dome-project-on-track-to-be-finished-by-sept-18/

I know they are making a huge push but I'd be surprised they are completely ready.

The roof, the new lights, scoreboard plus reinstalling the seats and Field Turf... along with cleanup

And another link to see the other side

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/syracuse-university-red-tailed-hawks-birds-live-cam

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - orangefan - 08-20-2020 09:17 AM

(08-20-2020 08:28 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(08-18-2020 07:56 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Reported in the news on August 7: "The Carrier Dome roof replacement project is hitting the home stretch and is still on schedule to be finished by September 18."

I know they are making a huge push but I'd be surprised they are completely ready.

The roof, the new lights, scoreboard plus reinstalling the seats and Field Turf... along with cleanup

And another link to see the other side

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/stream/syracuse-university-red-tailed-hawks-birds-live-cam

There won't be fans in attendance, so seats, spectator restrooms, concession areas and overhead scoreboard are low priorities if anything has to be delayed. The roof has to be on and the field has to be down!

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - orangefan - 08-21-2020 12:38 PM

Latest Carrier Dome photo. It shows that the new roof may be further along on the northeast corner than it is on the southwest corner, which is the shot you see in the webcam. Also, I assume that's the new scoreboard in the middle of the field.

[Image: Ef8_xkGXgAU6ssn?format=jpg&name=large]

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - TexanMark - 08-21-2020 01:21 PM

(08-21-2020 12:38 PM)orangefan Wrote:  Latest Carrier Dome photo. It shows that the new roof may be further along on the northeast corner than it is on the southwest corner, which is the shot you see in the webcam. Also, I assume that's the new scoreboard in the middle of the field.

[Image: Ef8_xkGXgAU6ssn?format=jpg&name=large]

I feel a lot better with that picture. You can see some of the LED lights are already installed. Yes, that is the center hung scoreboard. Their are two previously existing boards that I understand will be reinstalled too.

So maybe they will be able to get this done by mid/late September.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Michael in Raleigh - 08-22-2020 03:30 PM

I mentioned this on the SB board: I've noticed that, generally, colleges tend to renovate and add onto their existing stadiums rather than build new ones, whereas the pros just build new ones altogether that are at their full size from the get-go.

As a result, pro stadiums, again, generally, tend to be more symmetrical and complete. College stadiums are often more piecemeal.

For example, OU's stadium clearly was added onto and added onto. Same for Penn State, Nebraska, and many others. It's the same in the G5. App State's stadium dates to 1962 and has been renovated and changed up multiple times and is very asymmetrical, rather than having a brand new stadium. Just an observation. Sometimes the renovations are pretty massive (Carrier Dome, TCU and Texas A&M's stadiums, etc.), but they're still existing stadium changes rather than brand new ones.

Obviously there are exceptions aplenty.

RE: Stadium Renovation and Construction Thread - Michael in Raleigh - 08-23-2020 07:44 PM

Recent great aerial shots of App State's Kidd Brewer Stadium. Great work by Nelson Aerials, I might add.

The work is inching ever closer to completion.