CSNbbs
Delaware baseball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Northeastern (/forum-687.html)
+----- Thread: Delaware baseball (/thread-850186.html)

Delaware baseball - geewizNU - 05-17-2018 08:46 PM

NU beat the Blue Chickens 10-0 down in Newark.

The win clinched a 1st round bye in next weeks tournament and gives NU 32 regular season wins, setting a program record.

NU hit 3 homers and Charlie McConnell and catcher John Mazza had 3 hits each. David Steihl made the start and got the win.

Tyler Brown gets the start tomorrow.

Game replay if anyone wants to watch ...

https://youtu.be/JKH6X_BEuLQ

UPDATE:

UNCW got a game-winning walk-off HR to beat CofC 6-5 in Wilmington. That win puts UNCW in a 3-way tie for 2nd with Elon and CofC. Elon now is in 2nd place.

1) NU 16-6
2) Elon 14-8
3) UNCW 14-8
4) CofC 14-8

It remains to be seen how games get played with the rain forecast for the Atlantic coast the next few days.

RE: Delaware baseball - geewizNU - 05-18-2018 05:19 PM

CHAMPS!!!

With today's 5-2 victory over UD, @GoNUbaseball has won its second consecutive outright CAA regular-season championship!!!

The #HowlinHuskies will open the 2018 #CAAChamps as the No. 1 seed on Thursday, May 24, at 11 a.m.

Just an awesome accomplishment for a northeast team to win back-to-back titles!

We still have unfinished business!

RE: Delaware baseball - Seahawk Nation 08 - 05-18-2018 08:01 PM

Congrats on the title and securing the 1-seed. It'll be difficult to imagine anyone else winning the title in Harrisonburg, though I do think my Seahawks, though young, have high upside.

Should be a fun tournament.

RE: Delaware baseball - geewizNU - 05-18-2018 09:29 PM

(05-18-2018 08:01 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Congrats on the title and securing the 1-seed. It'll be difficult to imagine anyone else winning the title in Harrisonburg, though I do think my Seahawks, though young, have high upside.

Should be a fun tournament.

Elon, CofC and UNCW make it a scary field for NU. All 3 are playing excellent baseball at the right time. I just want us to remain in a position to get an at-large bid in case we come up short.

But I agree, it will fun field in Harrisonburg.

RE: Delaware baseball - SomebodyToLove - 05-18-2018 11:30 PM

Way to go Huskies! Awesome season thus far and looking forward to the postseason.