CSNbbs
Bancroft reconstruction - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Bancroft reconstruction (/thread-850156.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bancroft reconstruction - PaulJ - 05-17-2018 12:29 PM

For those interested here is a link to the project site, note that the plans and presentations include roundabouts at Secor and Parkside that are NOT being built, but the new road alignment, bike lanes, medians, etc..... are correct.

https://toledo.oh.gov/services/public-utilities/engineering-services/bancroft-street-reconstruction-secor-to-parkside/

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - T4C8 - 05-17-2018 01:19 PM

So happy to see that it is closed and completely torn up. No more driving on the moon to get to UT

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - BearcatMan - 05-17-2018 01:33 PM

(05-17-2018 01:19 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  So happy to see that it is closed and completely torn up. No more driving on the moon to get to UT

The North/East bound side of University Hills Blvd was like driving on a poorly leveled gravel road. Definitely a great way to introduce people to campus...

The road reconstruction plan for the entirety of campus is something that will instantly make the area much more inviting and easier to traverse...along with just making it look better.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - Boca Rocket - 05-17-2018 01:55 PM

(05-17-2018 01:33 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(05-17-2018 01:19 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  So happy to see that it is closed and completely torn up. No more driving on the moon to get to UT

The North/East bound side of University Hills Blvd was like driving on a poorly leveled gravel road. Definitely a great way to introduce people to campus...

The road reconstruction plan for the entirety of campus is something that will instantly make the area much more inviting and easier to traverse...along with just making it look better.

Definitely should effect accessibility and aesthetics.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - inductchuck16 - 05-17-2018 02:38 PM

The new median islands are going to look so nice, much like they do on Dorr St.

This is something that should have happened a long time ago. The University of Toledo is one of the most prominent institutions in the city of Toledo. Shouldn't this city want the entire area surrounding campus looking at its best shape at all times??

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - eastisbest - 05-17-2018 03:24 PM

It should have happened when they had the street torn up for sewer lines. The rotary at Parkside a go? That PITA always seems to know when I'm coming and it doesn't matter from which direction. I'd pay them to give me an Easy pass through the center of the rotary, just to make up for years of lost patience. Still can't figure why they even considered one at Secor, let alone how they'd fit it in that space and be safer. There is one that tiny but not near the amount of traffic to accomodate.

Looks like they're doing the four lane to three the planners didn't seem to want to compromise on for Secor, that story right? That was one design that wouldn't take land, right? As I posted on the "arrogance" thread, the issue IMO isn't traffic amount. It's change in vehicles. One wider artery can often be more effective than two skinny ones. People are driving much wider vehicles. I see a boat from 1970s pass a F150 or an SUV and realize how small those boats actually were.

Can they plan now to extend that bike path at least to the Museum? Might be a little boon to some of the small businesses along the route, if it becomes usable to downtowners and students at the Museum.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - eastisbest - 05-17-2018 03:27 PM

and when did Bancroft become an overpass for Westwood? Nice animation but took me a bit to understand where they were starting. It might be more effective with a before vid, with the potholes. Watching all the cars dodging. Better, make it Java game so we can play it on the laptops.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - indianasniff - 05-17-2018 09:29 PM

So why a two way left turn lane along Ottawa Park

Less pavement is better

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - stpeterocketfan - 05-18-2018 06:10 AM

(05-17-2018 09:29 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  So why a two way left turn lane along Ottawa Park

Less pavement is better

When does this start? It will certainly make the area around UT look even nicer!

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - eastisbest - 05-18-2018 10:18 AM

I hope they don't put any median at the end of Towerview. That's one of the best views in town.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - Michigan Rocket - 05-18-2018 12:18 PM

I cannot believe how long Bancroft Road has been full of potholes, torn up asphalt, etc. Especially since it goes right past UT.

All I have to say is it's about time.

GO ROCKETS !!!

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - PaulJ - 05-19-2018 02:09 PM

(05-18-2018 06:10 AM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  
(05-17-2018 09:29 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  So why a two way left turn lane along Ottawa Park

Less pavement is better

When does this start? It will certainly make the area around UT look even nicer!

Westwood to Parkside was finished last year, Secor to Westwood currently under construction, planned finished by November-UT entrance off Bancroft to reopen in a few weeks, but reduced lanes will still be in place for start of fall classes and football season

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - PaulJ - 05-19-2018 02:11 PM

(05-17-2018 03:24 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  It should have happened when they had the street torn up for sewer lines. The rotary at Parkside a go? That PITA always seems to know when I'm coming and it doesn't matter from which direction. I'd pay them to give me an Easy pass through the center of the rotary, just to make up for years of lost patience. Still can't figure why they even considered one at Secor, let alone how they'd fit it in that space and be safer. There is one that tiny but not near the amount of traffic to accomodate.

Looks like they're doing the four lane to three the planners didn't seem to want to compromise on for Secor, that story right? That was one design that wouldn't take land, right? As I posted on the "arrogance" thread, the issue IMO isn't traffic amount. It's change in vehicles. One wider artery can often be more effective than two skinny ones. People are driving much wider vehicles. I see a boat from 1970s pass a F150 or an SUV and realize how small those boats actually were.

Can they plan now to extend that bike path at least to the Museum? Might be a little boon to some of the small businesses along the route, if it becomes usable to downtowners and students at the Museum.

Sewer line project alone was several months, then had to wait out winter before completing final phase of project which is complete rebuild and widening (for bike lanes and medians) from Secor to UT-that alone is a 6 month project, will be complete in November

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - PaulJ - 05-19-2018 02:14 PM

Less pavement is better

For traffic heading along Bancroft heading west and entering SFHS and streets between SFHS and plaza at Westwood, based on traffic studies

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - PaulJ - 05-19-2018 02:15 PM

(05-17-2018 03:24 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  It should have happened when they had the street torn up for sewer lines. The rotary at Parkside a go? That PITA always seems to know when I'm coming and it doesn't matter from which direction. I'd pay them to give me an Easy pass through the center of the rotary, just to make up for years of lost patience. Still can't figure why they even considered one at Secor, let alone how they'd fit it in that space and be safer. There is one that tiny but not near the amount of traffic to accomodate.

No roundabouts being built for this project

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - DetroitRocket - 05-19-2018 03:00 PM

(05-18-2018 12:18 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  I cannot believe how long Bancroft Road has been full of potholes, torn up asphalt, etc. Especially since it goes right past UT.

All I have to say is it's about time.

GO ROCKETS !!!

Arlington in front of UTMC was a mess for a long time and they finally fixed it a few years ago.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - San Giuseppe Jato Rocket - 05-19-2018 06:59 PM

(05-19-2018 02:15 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  No roundabouts being built for this project

That's too bad. Parkside and Bancroft seemed to be a perfect fit. I don't know which is worse; being the only car at midnight waiting, waiting, waiting for the light turn green or sitting 10-15 cars back at rush hour knowing the green light is too short for you to get through.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - eastisbest - 05-19-2018 08:31 PM

(05-19-2018 06:59 PM)San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Wrote:  

That's too bad. Parkside and Bancroft seemed to be a perfect fit. I don't know which is worse; being the only car at midnight waiting, waiting, waiting for the light turn green or sitting 10-15 cars back at rush hour knowing the green light is too short for you to get through.

We should just make our own. A couple derilict cars and some sidewalk chalk ought to get the job done.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - H2Oville Rocket - 05-19-2018 09:50 PM

(05-19-2018 06:59 PM)San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Wrote:  

Whichever scenario is active.

RE: Bancroft reconstruction - DetroitRocket - 05-21-2018 08:50 AM

Blurb in the Blade says the bridge at Bancroft and Westwood will be removed using cranes starting today.