CSNbbs
Baseball host UNO - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: Baseball host UNO (/thread-849967.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Baseball host UNO - Reggie Favre - 05-15-2018 09:25 PM

why am i still watching this ******* ****?

RE: Baseball host UNO - eaglebeaver - 05-15-2018 09:31 PM

ho hum 2 on and we don't score..

RE: Baseball host UNO - Black Diamond Reb - 05-15-2018 09:31 PM

(05-15-2018 09:25 PM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  why am i still watching this ******* ****?

To watch the greatest #9 hitter in the history of Lamar County go 0-5 and K'ing as the tying run at the plate.

RE: Baseball host UNO - eaglebeaver - 05-15-2018 09:40 PM

14-9 UNO...22 hits for visitors...USM scores 1 run since the 4th inning...oh the humanity 04-cheers

a third seed ain't a cinch any more..

RE: Baseball host UNO - eaglebeaver - 05-15-2018 09:43 PM

2 weeks ago some had us a FINAL 8 possibility....Now we are just trying to be in the Final 8 in Louisiana!04-cheers

RE: Baseball host UNO - BeagleUSM - 05-15-2018 09:46 PM

Privateers win 14-9 in front of 3,485.

RE: Baseball host UNO - Reggie Favre - 05-15-2018 09:47 PM

thats the worst **** ive seen displayed on the field in a long ******* time. pathetic.

RE: Baseball host UNO - nastybunch - 05-15-2018 10:04 PM

TTT....

RE: Baseball host UNO - BeagleUSM - 05-15-2018 10:04 PM

Bizarre rant by Berry postgame. Starts off talking about the game then goes on about how awful Marshall’s facility is (something about a concrete wall and home plate/mound 2 inches off the ground). Called it “embarrassing” then went on say there will be no people at the game and how spoiled we are at USM to have fans. Then he says something vague about a tradition of excellence at USM and how we have to play better.

RE: Baseball host UNO - BeagleUSM - 05-15-2018 11:11 PM

4:00:30

edge.sidearmstreaming.com/somiss_2/playlist.m3u8

RE: Baseball host UNO - Reggie Favre - 05-15-2018 11:51 PM

(05-15-2018 11:11 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  4:00:30

edge.sidearmstreaming.com/somiss_2/playlist.m3u8

Just listened. It wasnt as bad as i thought, from your previous post. He was just on fire, pissed about tonight and the la tech series. He knew we had everything in front of us, and ******* blew it in a few days span. I think he let his emotions get the best of him a little bit too much during the interview is all. I thought i was mad. Not near as mad as he is. Hell, we were all pumped about being #7 and where we coulda been with a sweep of la tech (or 2/3 even) and then beating uno, with marshall next.......and it all goes to ****. Wasn't a good feeling losing like we did to msu in the tourney last year and Berry got reminded of that taste a little bit again the last few days i guess. Amazing how such high hopes can crumble apart so quick. Anyway, with all that being said, Berry is one pissed of son of a gun and thats all that was about, imo.

RE: Baseball host UNO - stinkfist - 05-16-2018 12:53 AM

I didn't hear him say anything that obtuse.....he's was just pissed and beside himself....what I heard was, "what the fk are you guys doing out there......if I hear one fk'n word about their POS facilities, this ass chewing will only be akin to riding the choo-choo at Kamper park."

I guarantee he chewed 'em a new one after that token interview.....

right now they're playing like a dick has been shoved down their throat....

Wright's not a starter....hell, with that delivery, I can't believe he even sees the mound....his delivery is dogshite

Strick was tossing batting practice......that pitch to Magee was a joke....he threw way too many up in the zone over the center of the plate....

go to the 3rd....both Guidry and Lebo should've made those plays....

then Jackson makes a mistake with a shiTTTy first pitch fastball over the middle of the plate after dusting the previous 2 with some well located curve balls....you simply can't throw that pitch at 86 mph.....his fastball doesn't move....

fast forward to the b3 with the bases loaded and Reynolds with a 3-1 count and 1 out....he gets a perfect belt high pitch and pops it up to short left going for the long ball...just yikes in that situation....drive if for a base hit with that count man....

bases still loaded with 2 outs and MW at the plate.....and what does he do....K burger.....first pitch was in the bread basket as he pulled his right shoulder out once again.....2nd pitch was an easy curve he fouled off.....3rd was in the dirt with a check swing K b/c he knew he screwed the pooch with two easy ones....it's his achilles.....he has to learn how to keep that right shoulder in position and look for the base hit instead of going for the bomb every time....

t4 up 8-6....Jackson tosses two batting practice fbs right over the middle of the plate....triple....he's lucky either didn't go yard....

he then tosses a breaker resulting in an infield 'hit'....good fielding teams make that out...we didn't

so now it's 8-7 with 1 on and no outs....so what does Jackson do....tosses another batting practice center cut/no movement fastball for another base hit......on the corners, no outs, no visit to the mound......DAFUQ

remember it's still t4 and 3 consecutive base hits with two coming off shiTTTy flat 88 mph fastballs....oh shite, another flat fastball over the center of the plate to tie it up.......wallner lets it go to the wall b/c he's not a CF by design and O' finally makes it to the mound.....9-8 now

Carroll in as Juan still doesn't understand that bunting a guy from 2nd to 3rd isn't a sacrifice....finally 1 out...

Carroll hangs a curve in the meat zone on a 1-2 count (dafuq).....it's smashed down the 3b line, and it's now 10-8 with a man on 2nd with 1 out.....

HBP....men on 1st and 2nd....still 1 out....

another hanger by Carroll over the middle of the plate and the bases are loaded.....1 out....

Carroll gets a DP to end it (lucky for him)......

the 4th is where we lost the game.....that inning was an abortion....

whoever is calling the pitches with this cast of characters should think about finding another occupation....

RE: Baseball host UNO - Wildeagle - 05-16-2018 04:57 AM

(05-15-2018 08:44 PM)eaglenjxn Wrote:  I’m not high on Carroll but he was pitching fine there, so why burn up Keys too? Especially with the series starting Thursday.

Have to get the pen finely tuned for the tournament.

RE: Baseball host UNO - shiftyeagle - 05-16-2018 07:53 AM

Implosion

RE: Baseball host UNO - EagNBran - 05-16-2018 09:03 AM

Munz had an interview up with Berry after the game and he was talking about how we have to go up to Marshall and "play in that tough atmosphere, which is none" and I almost died. It's true, but rarely do you hear coaches actually be so blunt about it.

RE: Baseball host UNO - stinkfist - 05-16-2018 09:51 AM

(05-16-2018 09:03 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Munz had an interview up with Berry after the game and he was talking about how we have to go up to Marshall and "play in that tough atmosphere, which is none" and I almost died. It's true, but rarely do you hear coaches actually be so blunt about it.

he was pissed.......and I don't blame him

that was some of the shiTTTiest pitching AND fielding I've seen in quite some time....

horrible pitch location early on......many a play that should've been made in the field that wasn't....

last night was bad news bears worthy.....

RE: Baseball host UNO - usm99 - 05-16-2018 10:15 AM

(05-16-2018 09:03 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Munz had an interview up with Berry after the game and he was talking about how we have to go up to Marshall and "play in that tough atmosphere, which is none" and I almost died. It's true, but rarely do you hear coaches actually be so blunt about it.

When you look at Marshall's attendance it doesn't surprise you:

- Marshall averages 151 for home games
- We had a higher announced attendance for last night's game vs UNO (3,485) than they've had combined for all 19 home games (2,872)
- We had more for our opening weekend series vs Ms State (14,906) than they've had all season home and away combined in 46 total games (14,689)

RE: Baseball host UNO - Reggie Favre - 05-16-2018 10:20 AM

Hes pissed bc after HIS team blew it over the last 5 days, he had to now travel across the country to play and potentially finish off this epic TTT. He should quit crying and commenting on opponents attendance and fix his team. Had he swept or took 2/3 with la tech and won last night, he wouldn't be whining.

RE: Baseball host UNO - eagle04 - 05-16-2018 10:53 AM

(05-16-2018 10:20 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

Hes pissed bc after HIS team blew it over the last 5 days, he had to now travel across the country to play and potentially finish off this epic TTT. He should quit crying and commenting on opponents attendance and fix his team. Had he swept or took 2/3 with la tech and won last night, he wouldn't be whining.

I don't care if he vents, I'd actually rather see/hear that than for him to be lethargic.

Is he responsible for the team? Of course but he's not the one throwing beach balls on the mound.

RE: Baseball host UNO - Reggie Favre - 05-16-2018 11:44 AM

(05-16-2018 10:53 AM)eagle04 Wrote:  
(05-16-2018 10:20 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  

I don't care if he vents, I'd actually rather see/hear that than for him to be lethargic.

Is he responsible for the team? Of course but he's not the one throwing beach balls on the mound.

We all like to see him be pissed and fired up. But the beach balls also have nothing to do with marshalls fan support so he should keep it classy. Most of the people on this very board throw hisssy fits when a msu or um fan makes a negative comment on a message board about your beloved golden eagle's. Cant imagine how you would react and cope with their HEAD COACH making disparaging remarks about USMs fan support or stadium the way Berry did.