CSNbbs
And in other frustrating baseball strings - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: And in other frustrating baseball strings (/thread-849329.html)

And in other frustrating baseball strings - Tomball Owl - 05-03-2018 03:46 PM

The World Champion Houston Astros finally broke a 28+ inning scoreless string by putting up a 4 spot in the B7 in today's game vs. the Yankees.

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - Houston Owl - 05-03-2018 04:05 PM

I just don't think they're very good a situational hitting team and the use by Hinch of the bullpen has been beyond comprehension. He clearly needs to be replaced before this eason turns into a disaster.

Can anyone really say that the team's performance the last three days has been up to their performance of last year.

(Note: I haven't played professional baseball, nor have I been to an actual Astros game this year but my cousins knows someone who played American Legion ball seven years ago, and she thinks he might agree with me).

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - skycatcher - 05-03-2018 04:08 PM

(05-03-2018 04:05 PM)Houston Owl Wrote:  I just don't think they're very good a situational hitting team and the use by Hinch of the bullpen has been beyond comprehension. He clearly needs to be replaced before this eason turns into a disaster.

Can anyone really say that the team's performance the last three days has been up to their performance of last year.

(Note: I haven't played professional baseball, nor have I been to an actual Astros game this year but my cousins knows someone who played American Legion ball seven years ago, and she thinks he might agree with me).

You rock! and you have made our lives so much better...Thank you! Forever, thank you.

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - flash3200 - 05-03-2018 04:16 PM

(05-03-2018 04:05 PM)Houston Owl Wrote:  I just don't think they're very good a situational hitting team and the use by Hinch of the bullpen has been beyond comprehension. He clearly needs to be replaced before this eason turns into a disaster.

I am pretty sure if Hinch finished DFL in the division and didn't make a rinky dink participation tournament where everyone except the zeroes get invited, then he could count on filling up a box with the contents of his desk on the last day of the season.

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - Tomball Owl - 05-03-2018 04:45 PM

And the Astros bullpen can't hold a 5-3 lead in the 9th and the reigning MVP strikes out on 3 Chapman 100+ mph pitches with the winning runs on base to end the game.

Must be something in the Houston air or water.

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - georgewebb - 05-03-2018 04:46 PM

(05-03-2018 03:46 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  The World Champion Houston Astros finally broke a 28+ inning scoreless string by putting up a 4 spot in the B7 in today's game vs. the Yankees.

Alas, to no avail -- the bullpen imploded in the 9th. NY 6, Hou 5.

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - SpaceCityBuzz - 05-03-2018 07:58 PM

It's baseball!

RE: And in other frustrating baseball strings - OldOwl - 05-03-2018 09:57 PM

We did the same to them in the World Series.