CSNbbs
Tough end to Women's Lax season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Tough end to Women's Lax season (/thread-848946.html)

Tough end to Women's Lax season - tribe_pride - 04-26-2018 09:37 PM

Women's season comes to an end with a no contest because of Mumps.

What is with the mumps lately (thinking JMU basketball this past winter as well)? Get vaccinated.

http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2018/4/26/womens-lacrosse-tribe-womens-lax-cancels-finale-at-elon.aspx

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - bubbadog57 - 04-27-2018 06:05 AM

Team had a very poor season...many losses were complete routs. We are noncompetitive right now with several CAA schools. In the one game I saw in person the team showed no speed and mediocre midfielders. Let's hope they had a stellar recruiting season.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - ttgwm02 - 04-27-2018 07:52 PM

Put resources into men’s. Richmond beat UNC this year.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - bubbadog57 - 04-28-2018 05:46 AM

And what men's sport with costs of eleven scholarships, travel, 20 female athletes and coaching staff (women's lacrosse) do you recommend dropping to satisfy Title Nine do you recommend dropping to
put the resources of a women's lacrosse into men's lacrosse?

Unrealistic as ever and a doomed dream right now.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - Tribe3455 - 04-29-2018 08:19 AM

(04-26-2018 09:37 PM)tribe_pride Wrote:  Women's season comes to an end with a no contest because of Mumps.

What is with the mumps lately (thinking JMU basketball this past winter as well)? Get vaccinated.

http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2018/4/26/womens-lacrosse-tribe-womens-lax-cancels-finale-at-elon.aspx

The kids ARE vaccinated. Somewhere along the way someone wasn’t but almost without exception these people received the suggested vaccinations. The mumps vaccine simply wears off by late teens in many. The protocol will most likely be changed.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - nogretheogre - 04-30-2018 08:28 AM

(04-29-2018 08:19 AM)Tribe3455 Wrote:  
(04-26-2018 09:37 PM)tribe_pride Wrote:  Women's season comes to an end with a no contest because of Mumps.

The kids ARE vaccinated. Somewhere along the way someone wasn’t but almost without exception these people received the suggested vaccinations. The mumps vaccine simply wears off by late teens in many. The protocol will most likely be changed.

Unsure if WM requires documentation of immunity via antibodies. I dont recall getting any such test at undergrad, but it was required for grad school. CDC recommends assessing at around 20YO, so agree, it must start wearing off.

However: "Two doses of MMR vaccine are 88% (range 31% to 95%) effective at preventing mumps. Mumps outbreaks can still occur in highly vaccinated U.S. communities, particularly in close-contact settings such as schools, colleges, and camps. However, high vaccination coverage helps limit the size, duration, and spread."
-CDC

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - tribeintexas - 04-30-2018 02:53 PM

Women's lax has been terrible for long time. Huge needs to do something about this as there have been too many blowout losses.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - nogretheogre - 05-21-2018 03:27 PM

JMU W Lax into Final 4.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - DSL - 05-29-2018 11:22 AM

I couldn't watch much of the national championship game this weekend because I don't like the color purple.
Our coach had a strong resume when hired.
The team should be showing improvement by now but they were
absolutely not competitive this year.
Does anyone know of a plan for improvement?
Are we loaded with young talent ready to blow thru the CAA next year?

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - nogretheogre - 05-29-2018 12:19 PM

Congrats to JMU Women for winning the National Championship.

We really are being left behind...

Tough end to Women's Lax season - Tribal - 05-29-2018 01:58 PM

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around...

If not for WMSB tweeting about it, I'd have never known. We left JMU in tennis and no one cares about that, either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - DSL - 05-29-2018 02:39 PM

This spring I watched Lax, baseball and the bulldozers plowing through the sod on Montgomery Field. The bulldozers were more interesting. I don't mind when my donations are spent with positive results, such as nice turf. I'll feel even better when the new turf results in lots of wins this year.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - WMInTheBurg - 05-29-2018 06:42 PM

(05-29-2018 02:39 PM)DSL Wrote:  This spring I watched Lax, baseball and the bulldozers plowing through the sod on Montgomery Field. The bulldozers were more interesting. I don't mind when my donations are spent with positive results, such as nice turf. I'll feel even better when the new turf results in lots of wins this year.

This is completely justified. Every donor got the form with the secret formula of $x for each guaranteed win. It's not really about the students unless they win.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - DSL - 05-29-2018 09:12 PM

Sorry if my attempt at "sod humor" missed the mark.
I'm new at commenting on the boards.
My comedic skills probably need some work. I plan to not use
Roseanne as my role model.

RE: Tough end to Women's Lax season - nogretheogre - 05-30-2018 09:02 PM

I guess its not the coach?
http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2018/5/29/womens-lacrosse-fratzke-named-assistant-coach-for-long-island-sound.aspx