CSNbbs
Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt (/thread-848220.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - RamblinRedWolf - 04-16-2018 06:15 PM

http://pollmaker.vote/p/P7BLQ8WW

Figured it’d be fun to discuss and debate amongst ourselves regarding the lids of the SBC! (I tried to go with the ‘default’ helmets of each team and yes I plan on doing an alternate version poll down the line).

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - TroyFootball05 - 04-16-2018 06:17 PM

I'll go with either APP or ASTATE.

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - CatMom - 04-16-2018 06:21 PM

Do you realize we have about 6 different helmets?

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - RamblinRedWolf - 04-16-2018 06:22 PM

Just to be impartial I went with ULM-like the chrome gold face mask which I think compliments the cream color lid and chrome Warhawk sticker (but I do like the sword “T” logo of Troy)

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - Magic95Fan - 04-16-2018 06:27 PM

Not a Belter anymore (I am literally sitting here in a North Texas t-shirt that has the Belt logo on it though), but I cant resist a good helmet poll. The Arkansas State matte black helmet has always been one of my favorites. A close 2nd goes to ULM's white helmet. App's matte black looks good too.

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - _x_ - 04-16-2018 07:00 PM

I like Apps and Troy's probably the best. Though it's a hard pass for me with Troy's chrome helmets.

USA for worst...

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - DeanoAPP - 04-16-2018 07:19 PM

I like Troys big T and Astates version of the wolf logo on black.

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - CardinalBlackTrojan - 04-16-2018 07:44 PM

I like Georgia State's helmet. That flat shade of blue, with a blue face mask and white stripe looks pretty good to me. I do wish they could revamp their panther logo though...

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - ChooChoo - 04-16-2018 08:10 PM

(04-16-2018 07:44 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  I like Georgia State's helmet. That flat shade of blue, with a blue face mask and white stripe looks pretty good to me. I do wish they could revamp their panther logo though...

I appreciate the props though I disagree on the panther head. To me removing those horrible chunky paws and body gives the panther head a much more traditional look. Not flashy but potentially long lasting and iconic, which is something our athletics has lacked.
Based on all the pics, and were I completely unbiased, I agree with other posters that ULM looks very sharp (although I believe "ULM" text under the Warhawk logo may now be the definitive helmet).

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - _x_ - 04-16-2018 08:13 PM

I like GSUs too. I just like the shade of blue GSU uses and always find their all blue unis with blue helmet look to be slick.

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - TrueBlueDrew - 04-16-2018 08:16 PM

Obviously GS’s traditional helmets are the best 05-stirthepot

But since you crazy kids need flashy, new things, my hands-down favorite look that I’ve seen in the conference has to be UL’s Fleur De Lis helmets:

[Image: Cuqd70gXYAE9cA6.jpg]

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - Saint3333 - 04-16-2018 09:46 PM

To anyone that voted for GS, what type of seeing eye dog is best?

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - APPdiesel - 04-16-2018 09:47 PM

(04-16-2018 08:16 PM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  Obviously GS’s traditional helmets are the best 05-stirthepot

But since you crazy kids need flashy, new things, my hands-down favorite look that I’ve seen in the conference has to be UL’s Fleur De Lis helmets:

[Image: Cuqd70gXYAE9cA6.jpg]
This UL one is sweet. I won't be that guy to vote for our own, so I vote for Troy or GSs flat blue one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - RamblinRedWolf - 04-16-2018 09:49 PM

While a tad bland for my taste, I do respect how GS has kept the same look since their resurgence

I’m not a huge fan of USA’s “JAGS” lids (much prefer the actual jaguar logo)

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - Tom in Lazybrook - 04-16-2018 09:52 PM

(04-16-2018 09:49 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  While a tad bland for my taste, I do respect how GS has kept the same look since their resurgence

I’m not a huge fan of USA’s “JAGS” lids (much prefer the actual jaguar logo)

I like the Thunderjags helmets, but apparently I'm the only one. https://www.google.com/search?q=south+alabama+football+helmet+cat&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=0qnuCVk45QiBkM%253A%252CIxkX6AqGcUhOPM%252C_&usg=__JwSgpY50yDSjvkCkBCc0B5uyXFo%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm2-LPpsDaAhUEiqwKHe8UCCsQ9QEIKzAB&biw=1280&bih=615#imgrc=0qnuCVk45QiBkM:

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - MOTIAW - 04-16-2018 10:30 PM

There’s been a lot of CCU fans who’d like to see us get an alternate helmet. Some of us had hoped the UnderArmor deal would lead to wild and crazy things, ya know, teal turf and all...

But even before UA, there’s been a few who always wanted an oversized logo anyway...

[Image: index.php?action=dlattach;topic=57981.0;attach=483]

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - stAte_3 - 04-16-2018 11:15 PM

I think we have too many decal variations we use, but it’s damn hard to beat our black helmet, with the red stripe and stAte logo.

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - trueeagle98 - 04-17-2018 06:49 AM

I prefer the matte navy blue GS helmets to the one pictured (older version with the glossy look). Of the ones pictured in the poll I would vote for USA's helmet. Nice look. I think UL's 'Ragin Cajun' helmets are my least favorite pictured. Apparently a lot of people like the matte black helmets.

If you are talking alternates, then I think a couple Silver or Gold versions with the eagle head on the side for GS are sweet. But also like the UL alternate too. Maybe people can post pics of their favorite alternate.

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - Check Yosef - 04-17-2018 06:59 AM

My non homer pick is UL Fleur de lis helmets, those are honestly pretty sick

Sent from my LGLS992 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Offseason Poll and Discussion #1: Best looking helmet in the Belt - TrueBlueDrew - 04-17-2018 07:05 AM

(04-16-2018 09:46 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  To anyone that voted for GS, what type of seeing eye dog is best?

One that doesn’t need gimmicks to recruit 04-cheers