CSNbbs
Netflix: Lost in Space - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Netflix: Lost in Space (/thread-848017.html)

Netflix: Lost in Space - MWC Tex - 04-13-2018 10:58 PM

I like the reboot of Lost in Space. Seen 2 episodes so far.
Especially the twist for the robot.

I remember the old TV series.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - hawghiggs - 04-14-2018 07:01 AM

(04-13-2018 10:58 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  I like the reboot of Lost in Space. Seen 2 episodes so far.
Especially the twist for the robot.

I remember the old TV series.

On pace with you. It's seems to be a good series so far.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - MWC Tex - 04-15-2018 10:40 PM

Finished the season. Now we have the back-story of how they got "lost" from the rest of the colonists. I like the twist of making this a modern take from the more comedic 1965 series. Some darker characters and the twist with the robot.

I myself think it was done ok and looking forward to season 2.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - Love and Honor - 04-16-2018 08:35 AM

As long as it's not that crappy Matt LeBlanc movie then I might check it out.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - MWC Tex - 04-16-2018 09:51 AM

(04-16-2018 08:35 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  As long as it's not that crappy Matt LeBlanc movie then I might check it out.

Far from it.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - JTiger - 04-16-2018 02:15 PM

(04-16-2018 08:35 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  As long as it's not that crappy Matt LeBlanc movie then I might check it out.

He'll always be Joey Tribbiani to me

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - GrayBeard - 04-16-2018 04:03 PM

I didn't realize that it was going to be a series...cool.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - flyingswoosh - 04-17-2018 11:50 AM

Watched the first couple episodes and threw in the towel. I'm not sure what ingredient was missing, but I just didn't find it fun. A sci-fi series like that should give you a real sense of glee, but I just found it tedious. And then there's the fact that not one of the characters is likable. They're all varying levels of annoying, except maybe the black girl. The robot has the most likable personality. I definitely don't feel myself rooting for any of the characters.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - Wolfman - 04-18-2018 09:54 PM

I'm 2 episodes in and I'd give it a yes. I like that it pays homage to the original but is not a carbon copy. The characters do need more development. I'm not so sure about the West character but Parker Posey as Dr. Smith could be interesting.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - Chappy - 04-20-2018 07:22 PM

(04-17-2018 11:50 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  Watched the first couple episodes and threw in the towel. I'm not sure what ingredient was missing, but I just didn't find it fun. A sci-fi series like that should give you a real sense of glee, but I just found it tedious. And then there's the fact that not one of the characters is likable. They're all varying levels of annoying, except maybe the black girl. The robot has the most likable personality. I definitely don't feel myself rooting for any of the characters.

I'm through 5 of the 10 episodes and I think this is a pretty fair observation.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - Side Show Joe - 04-21-2018 10:49 AM

Finished the first three episodes, but am not that impressed so far...

I think the writing is weak, and I don't really care for any of the characters. They all seem way too cardboard with no real personalities. The premise is interesting, but the characters are ruining the show. For now I'll keep watching, but only because Netflix doesn't have any other new adventure series that are also family friendly.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - MWC Tex - 04-21-2018 02:32 PM

(04-21-2018 10:49 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Finished the first three episodes, but am not that impressed so far...

I think the writing is weak, and I don't really care for any of the characters. They all seem way too cardboard with no real personalities. The premise is interesting, but the characters are ruining the show. For now I'll keep watching, but only because Netflix doesn't have any other new adventure series that are also family friendly.

The last 2 episodes are the best ones, I get the jist of the critique, I'm more easily entertained I suppose.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - Chappy - 04-21-2018 10:00 PM

Just finished the season. The final three episodes were great. Kinda redeemed it for me.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - hawghiggs - 04-21-2018 10:08 PM

Finished the 1st season and liked it over all. Really hope it gets renewed for several more seasons. I liked how season one was a origin story.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - flyingswoosh - 04-24-2018 09:47 AM

(04-21-2018 10:49 AM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Finished the first three episodes, but am not that impressed so far...

Exactly how I felt

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - MWC Tex - 12-27-2019 11:33 PM

Season 2 is out.

A little more action to start this season.

Episode 4 gets into some details of the robots.

RE: Netflix: Lost in Space - Side Show Joe - 12-27-2019 11:46 PM

(12-27-2019 11:33 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Season 2 is out.

A little more action to start this season.

Thanks for posting this. I'll rent them when they hit Bru-ray. I dropped my Netflix account about two weeks ago.