CSNbbs
Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore (/thread-847876.html)

Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 04-11-2018 10:41 PM

Looking for a good lunch place in the DeKalb/Sycamore area preferably between the two towns on or near Sycamore road. All suggestions appreciated.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Dtownboys - 04-11-2018 10:54 PM

(04-11-2018 10:41 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Looking for a good lunch place in the DeKalb/Sycamore area preferably between the two towns on or near Sycamore road. All suggestions appreciated.

Egg Haven is real good and along sycamore road. Ellwood steakhouse is also real good. Closer to campus - Fattys.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - thehappyhuskie - 04-12-2018 09:32 AM

for a client or yourself? Bea's Wok and Roll is great and its a hoot.

Los Rancheros is good too.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - HuskieFootball Addict - 04-12-2018 09:36 AM

(04-11-2018 10:54 PM)Dtownboys Wrote:  
(04-11-2018 10:41 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Looking for a good lunch place in the DeKalb/Sycamore area preferably between the two towns on or near Sycamore road. All suggestions appreciated.

Egg Haven is real good and along sycamore road. Ellwood steakhouse is also real good. Closer to campus - Fattys.

Egg Haven is fantastic.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Dog Fan - 04-12-2018 09:38 AM

I like P.J.'s Courthouse, but it's in downtown Sycamore.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - DogTracks - 04-12-2018 09:53 AM

(04-12-2018 09:32 AM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  for a client or yourself? Bea's Wok and Roll is great and its a hoot.

Los Rancheros is good too.

Best picks on that route for sure.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - PrideinthePack2 - 04-12-2018 10:27 AM

Another vote for Egg Haven.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - 62423dp - 04-12-2018 11:32 AM

Mmmmm Egg Haven. Good choice.

I’m probably in the minority here but I cannot stand Fatty’s. Horrible service and the food is average.

I do like their patio bar but that’s about it.

My apologies to the Huskie faithful for my opinion on Fatty’s.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Dog Fan - 04-12-2018 11:34 AM

(04-12-2018 11:32 AM)62423dp Wrote:  Mmmmm Egg Haven. Good choice.

I’m probably in the minority here but I cannot stand Fatty’s. Horrible service and the food is average.

I do like their patio bar but that’s about it.

My apologies to the Huskie faithful for my opinion on Fatty’s.

I share your opinion on Fatty's. Plus, I won't go to an establishment where it's wall-to-wall, shoulder-to-shoulder people. Just not comfortable for me.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - MileHighHuskie - 04-12-2018 12:20 PM

I like all that are mentioned above but Hillside downtown for dinner is great.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Dog Fan - 04-12-2018 12:25 PM

(04-12-2018 12:20 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  I like all that are mentioned above but Hillside downtown for dinner is great.

+1. Love the Hillside.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - MileHighHuskie - 04-12-2018 12:45 PM

(04-12-2018 12:25 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(04-12-2018 12:20 PM)MileHighHuskie Wrote:  I like all that are mentioned above but Hillside downtown for dinner is great.

+1. Love the Hillside.

Chicken Alfredo is the bomb.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - uiniu57 - 04-12-2018 02:24 PM

(04-11-2018 10:54 PM)Dtownboys Wrote:  

Not disagreeing with either place, but I'd say these are opposites when it comes to the type of meal and the amount of money you're willing to spend.
If you're not turned off by chains, being the newest option in DeKalb, the Chilli's on Sycamore Road is good, healthy options can be found at Panera's, and once Sycamore Road becomes DeKalb Avenue, the Portillo's will not disappoint.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - shack66 - 04-12-2018 02:51 PM

MVPs or PJs Courthouse in Sycamore american style bar food. Sycamore Rd is mostly chain, so it depends on what your looking for. There's always Nat's on Maple (more upscale) or Tasco (mexican) in Sycamore as well. Sycamore Cafe across from Culver's is good too.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Dog Fan - 04-12-2018 03:27 PM

(04-12-2018 02:51 PM)shack66 Wrote:  MVPs or PJs Courthouse in Sycamore american style bar food. Sycamore Rd is mostly chain, so it depends on what your looking for. There's always Nat's on Maple (more upscale) or Tasco (mexican) in Sycamore as well. Sycamore Cafe across from Culver's is good too.

+1 on all your choices. I too like the Sycamore Café. It's nothing special, but it's a typical Greek-type restaurant with good, abundant food at reasonable prices. Sometimes my wife and I go there for lunch or dinner.

Gotta put in a plug for an old favorite of mine - the Junction on Lincoln Hwy. The Royal Swiss Canadian Platter has been my favorite there for over 40 years.

Also, for a nice, fresh sandwich (and a huge selection of them), try Shawn's in downtown Sycamore. The wife and I always go there. It's owned by Shawn Thrower, former NIU basketball player. Phenomenal selection of sandwiches (over 30) and very fresh. They also have breakfast sandwiches.

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Big_Man - 04-12-2018 06:44 PM

Hinks in downtown Sycamore has good food and a large beer selection. Super nice bartenders too.

Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - Dog Fan - 04-12-2018 08:16 PM

Let us not forget that the hands down BEST place to eat in all of DeKalb/Sycamore is the Convocation Center concessions counter. Food is second to none, prices are more than fair, service is outstanding, and the lines are short or non-existent. Of course, you'll have to wait until the next event there, but the wait is more than worth it!

RE: Good Lunch Place in DeKalb/Sycamore - 62423dp - 04-12-2018 09:32 PM

04-clap2
(04-12-2018 08:16 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Let us not forget that the hands down BEST place to eat in all of DeKalb/Sycamore is the Convocation Center concessions counter. Food is second to none, prices are more than fair, service is outstanding, and the lines are short or non-existent. Of course, you'll have to wait until the next event there, but the wait is more than worth it!

Epic Applause well played sir. Well played.