CSNbbs
2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread (/thread-847256.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - IamN2daRockets! - 01-18-2019 06:49 PM

UT needs at least 2 RB commits for 2019

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - inductchuck16 - 01-19-2019 01:01 AM

(01-18-2019 04:18 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Now reported that Louisville has just offered Kelly. Hopefully he sticks with UT.

Wow, Louisville saw that he committed to a respectable program in Toledo and then decides to send him a late, desperate offer?? I guess we’ll find out soon enough if this young man knows the real definition of committed.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - inductchuck16 - 01-19-2019 01:13 AM

Plus, in Kelly’s commitment tweet to Toledo, he says he’s 110% committed. Not 100%, but 110%. Signing day is February 6.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - NewMex RocketFan - 01-19-2019 09:07 AM

Rockets have announced their latest RB recruit: Micah Kelly. Kelly, a 5-foot-10, 190-pound Back from Ocean Springs, MS. Rated #56 running back in the nation. Maybe more important, he wears #3.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - northcoastRocket - 01-19-2019 04:10 PM

Story on Kelly signing from a paper down in MS.

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/high-school/article224766140.html

They ask him if the UL offer changes anything and he said "Not really"

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Springboromark - 01-19-2019 04:34 PM

But he didn't no either when responding to the question.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Michigan Rocket - 01-19-2019 07:44 PM

That's a good story about that RB. Does anybody know where we stand in terms of Recruiting Ranking? I read 24/7 said we were #1.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - FMRocket - 01-19-2019 09:38 PM

(01-19-2019 04:34 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  But he didn't no either when responding to the question.

Yeah I know, the young man is probably waiting on that Wright State offer... 05-stirthepot

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Babes boy - 01-19-2019 10:57 PM

(01-19-2019 07:44 PM)Michigan Rocket Wrote:  That's a good story about that RB. Does anybody know where we stand in terms of Recruiting Ranking? I read 24/7 said we were #1.

72 nationally that’s higher than teams like Marshall, App St and Maryland.
Akron just needs a shovel. A very large shovel. They are buried so deep on the list they will never dig themselves out. Heck even Fordham and Georgetown are ranked higher than them

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - IamN2daRockets! - 01-20-2019 03:18 PM

New commit: DE Kenny Givens 6’04” 240 from Chicago Hubbard

#154 DE if you believe the rankings.

Nice commit for UT

GO Rockets!

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - IamN2daRockets! - 01-20-2019 03:43 PM

Givens was committed to top JC program Iowa Western due to grades but he buckled down and got his grades up to qualify for D1 and is now at UT. This is the only reason he does not have even more offers. UT stayed loyal and on top of the situation and it paid off for both!

Go Rockets!

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - inductchuck16 - 01-20-2019 08:14 PM

Might as well scratch off that latest RB commit, Micah Kelley. He just received an offer from Kansas State. So, he 110% commits to Toledo and then the bigger schools come calling. I’ve seen this happen before far too often.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - FMRocket - 01-20-2019 08:18 PM

(01-20-2019 08:14 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Might as well scratch off that latest RB commit, Micah Kelley. He just received an offer from Kansas State. So, he 110% commits to Toledo and then the bigger schools come calling. I’ve seen this happen before far too often.

Just a matter of time before Matt “ the process “ Campbell comes calling, and Luke Fickel for that matter... 03-banghead

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Babes boy - 01-20-2019 08:36 PM

We now have 20 3* commits. A new WR on top of the DE that committed. And they finally upped our two star WR to a 3*. Let’s hope we can hold on to these four unsigned commits.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - northcoastRocket - 01-20-2019 08:46 PM

(01-20-2019 08:36 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  We now have 20 3* commits. A new WR on top of the DE that committed. And they finally upped our two star WR to a 3*. Let’s hope we can hold on to these four unsigned commits.

The WR is reportedly Terrel Ferrell from FLA, although his twitter doesn't indicate a commitment yet.

https://247sports.com/player/terrel-ferrell-46051852/

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - IamN2daRockets! - 01-20-2019 09:01 PM

Great news about WR Ferrell but I doubt that the Lindsay commit is still active.... we’ll see. UT really wanted this kid!!!! UT is using WR and RB openings to our recruiting advantage. Big time visit next week with RB Tyrese Jackson from La.

I think we hold onto Kelly due to better opportunities and the overall state of the program. He is a good student so a NW offer is always a potential but I belielieve we will land him.

Ferrell had several P5 offers so UT can still compete at highest level for players. Ferrell has offers that actually would suggest he is considered better than his numerical ranking and his videos prove that he is a PLAYER!!!

Go Rockets!!!
Go Rockets!!!

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Springboromark - 01-20-2019 09:21 PM

(01-19-2019 09:38 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(01-19-2019 04:34 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  But he didn't no either when responding to the question.

Yeah I know, the young man is probably waiting on that Wright State offer... 05-stirthepot

He may basketball, never know

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - Babes boy - 01-20-2019 10:17 PM

(01-20-2019 09:01 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Great news about WR Ferrell but I doubt that the Lindsay commit is still active.... we’ll see. UT really wanted this kid!!!! UT is using WR and RB openings to our recruiting advantage. Big time visit next week with RB Tyrese Jackson from La.

I think we hold onto Kelly due to better opportunities and the overall state of the program. He is a good student so a NW offer is always a potential but I belielieve we will land him.

Ferrell had several P5 offers so UT can still compete at highest level for players. Ferrell has offers that actually would suggest he is considered better than his numerical ranking and his videos prove that he is a PLAYER!!!

Go Rockets!!!
Go Rockets!!!

What makes you think that.He’s been committed for quite sometime and he’s still listed as a UT commit.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - pono - 01-20-2019 11:14 PM

ferrell and kelly look solid. fast players with some polish. kelly reminds me of koback. a thinner rb who plays north south and uses his speed. knows he is faster than most everybody for 10 or 20 yards so he puts on the gas upfield first chance he gets. no idea if he is tough enough or if the speed shows up as much at the college level but he seems like a smart kid who will be coachable and improve

ferrell is a confident player with a nice stride. reminds me a bit dionte johnson. his video doesn't give an accurate picture of his hands because his superior speed and ability to judge balls in the air makes him dominant at the hs level with mostly easy catches and highlight reels don't show drops. still, certainly a prospect with a good upside who might be ready early to contribute.

kenny givens is the commit i'm most excited about. plays physical and has great size for DE at this age. he is a playmaker and we have a tradition of good DE play and guys who have made the league. also as a chicago public school -CPS- football recruit with questionable academics he's under the radar. while CPS basketball is great and heavily recruited, football for CPS is weak and underrecruited. plus, the inconsistent quality of education. CPS is America's premier experimental lab for corporations and wealthy foundations to tinker with a downsized education budget. there is not a lot of youth sports funding or teams, but since pick-up basketball games can be organized anywhere and AAU programs develop the most talented - basketball thrives, but there is almost none of that for football. givens played a lot of middle lb at hubbard, even though he is clearly an end because that was one way to allow his dominance at his hs level to take over. he also may not have gotten the kind of academic support, drive, and college eligibility counseling throughout his high school journey as players in better funded districts. CPS kids transfer often because of the high rate of school closings, dangerous gang territory at some schools or on the student's route to school, and families moving due to the high cost of housing. when big schools see a good prospect like givens with questionable academics in chicago they don't save a scholarship in case he is a late qualifier. meanwhile, the suburbs is where most of the good hs football is played, so most of the college recruiters are at their games instead. the recruiting of chicago basketball and football is totally different. givens looks like a hidden gem and i'm glad we stuck with him while he figured out the academic side of college readiness.

RE: 2019 Football Recruiting Thread - IamN2daRockets! - 01-21-2019 07:17 AM

As always great input Pono!! +2 for you

I agree in general.... Ferrell has seemingly very good hands and distance judgement. The turn and square backpedaling catch is not easy for anyone and is reminiscent of CF play in baseball. A good skill set

Kelly has good top end speed as he can pierce divided defenders and blow upfield. I cannot judge his running instincts really but appears to be solid but his YPC was not exceptional at about 6 for HS so who knows.

Go Rockets!