CSNbbs
Baseball at SFA tournament change - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: Baseball at SFA tournament change (/thread-843418.html)

Pages: 1 2

Baseball at SFA tournament change - usm99 - 02-21-2018 03:01 PM

Due to weather issues there's been a change of schedule. From SFA website
http://sfajacks.com/news/2018/2/21/heavy-rains-alter-sfa-baseballs-tournament-weekend-schedule.aspx?path=baseball

Originally, Bradley, SFA, South Dakota State, Southern Miss and UT-Arlington were scheduled to play a total of eight games at Jaycees Field from Feb. 23-25, but Bradley and South Dakota State will no longer be traveling down to Nacogdoches because of the poor weather conditions. With that, both of the games scheduled for Friday, Feb. 23 have been canceled and the 'Jacks' games against Bradley and South Dakota State originally scheduled for Saturday at 3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. respectively have been washed out.

There is a possibility that SFA, Southern Miss and UT-Arlington will play up to four games between Saturday and Sunday at Jaycees Field with start times of each game to be determined. A final decision regarding whether or not those games will be played is expected to come late Thursday after assessing field conditions and examining various weather forecasts.

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - BeagleUSM - 02-21-2018 03:23 PM

Probably not playing. 100% chance of rain on Saturday. Hope we have a backup plan.

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - usm99 - 02-21-2018 03:29 PM

(02-21-2018 03:23 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  Probably not playing. 100% chance of rain on Saturday. Hope we have a backup plan.

my first thought was bring one or more to Hattiesburg and play but the weather for the weekend at The Pete is 90% on Friday/Saturday/Sunday so regardless it's gonna be tough to get 2 or more games in this weekend in any location.

Looks like we will have to add on some midweek games along with seeing if we can maybe add a 4th game vs Georgia Southern

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - usm99 - 02-21-2018 05:45 PM

Per Twitter reports all games have been canceled for the SFA tournament this weekend and they are looking at making up games else where

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - BeagleUSM - 02-21-2018 06:32 PM

Press release says we're wanting to play games in the Atlanta area. Not sure why that area specifically.

http://www.southernmiss.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/022118aaa.html

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - stinkfist - 02-21-2018 06:46 PM

(02-21-2018 06:32 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  Press release says we're wanting to play games in the Atlanta area. Not sure why that area specifically.

http://www.southernmiss.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/022118aaa.html

quite a few alumni there.....but yeah, relative to travel costs, it makes absolutely no sense....

somebody needs to explain why losing 5 road games from the schedule is a bad thing...

is there some vague rule (min req't) that I'm unaware of.......

I simply don't get it......

I see this as an advantage in the 'wear and tear' dep't.....

we have a few putz's in the near term to discover how game ability shines going into conference play.....

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - RockTheRock - 02-21-2018 07:45 PM

(02-21-2018 06:32 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  Press release says we're wanting to play games in the Atlanta area. Not sure why that area specifically.

Maybe because all that TX rain is coming this way for a good part of the weekend? Trying to outrun it? Or some of the teams who were going to TX could fly there easier instead.

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - stinkfist - 02-21-2018 08:51 PM

(02-21-2018 07:45 PM)RockTheRock Wrote:  

Maybe because all that TX rain is coming this way for a good part of the weekend? Trying to outrun it? Or some of the teams who were going to TX could fly there easier instead.

help me out....why spend the money when you can intra-squad vs. a shite team and save the dollars....

I just don't get it....

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - BeagleUSM - 02-21-2018 09:05 PM

You want to play the games if it all possible. Much rather have 55-56 games than 52-53.

Ohio U and Maine are playing a 4-game series in Emerson. Bet we jump in that.

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - stinkfist - 02-21-2018 10:06 PM

(02-21-2018 09:05 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  You want to play the games if it all possible. Much rather have 55-56 games than 52-53.

why?

baseball is all about percentages, eh?

gonna have to give me a tad more on the 1/0 side of T/F equation....

unless there is some min. games that have to be played, I see no reason why this is a big deal.....

from the cost side, I only see it as savings to invest elsewhere.....

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - RockTheRock - 02-22-2018 07:44 AM

(02-21-2018 10:06 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-21-2018 09:05 PM)BeagleUSM Wrote:  You want to play the games if it all possible. Much rather have 55-56 games than 52-53.

why?

unless there is some min. games that have to be played, I see no reason why this is a big deal.....

You’re wondering why a baseball team would want to play baseball games on a weekend during baseball system?

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - shiftyeagle - 02-22-2018 09:34 AM

Definitely want to play them. I'd rather be 6-1 than 3-1, plus the bats have been hot to start off the season. A week or two off tends to affect things like that

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - eagle04 - 02-22-2018 10:01 AM

why?

In the eyes of the selection committee, I think it bodes well at the end of the season when you have played more games (and potentially won).

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - Yu-Es-Em - 02-22-2018 02:58 PM

EERRGGHHHH!!! Are we not playing this weekend??

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - Reggie Favre - 02-22-2018 03:11 PM

(02-22-2018 09:34 AM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Definitely want to play them. I'd rather be 6-1 than 3-1, plus the bats have been hot to start off the season. A week or two off tends to affect things like that

Def need some games in

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - usm99 - 02-22-2018 03:48 PM

Saw on twitter where about 35-40 minutes ago someone tweeted that there was a possibility of us going to Monroe (Federico is now HC there) to play as they have a home series versus Northern Kentucky. The weather there isn't much better as rain forecast is 60% or so each day there.

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - BeagleUSM - 02-22-2018 04:24 PM

(02-22-2018 03:48 PM)usm99 Wrote:  Saw on twitter where about 35-40 minutes ago someone tweeted that there was a possibility of us going to Monroe (Federico is now HC there) to play as they have a home series versus Northern Kentucky. The weather there isn't much better as rain forecast is 60% or so each day there.

Link?

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - usm99 - 02-22-2018 04:56 PM

I've scrolled back through my twitter and can't find out but he tagged Pine Belt Sports Drive as well as I believe he was a host for it. I think it showed up on my feed due to people I follow had "liked" the status or however that works.

EDIT - considering Munz tweeted less than 10 minutes that we are still exploring our options my guess is the way earlier tweets was possibly someone trying to take guesses

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - BeagleUSM - 02-22-2018 05:00 PM

https://amp.hattiesburgamerican.com/amp/362643002#click=https://t.co/lj6KzlAP5J

RE: Baseball at SFA tournament change - stinkfist - 02-22-2018 06:49 PM

(02-22-2018 07:44 AM)RockTheRock Wrote:  

why?

You’re wondering why a baseball team would want to play baseball games on a weekend during baseball system?

no.....that wasn't my point....

the point is we are saving money by not having to travel......

I think I made that quite clear earlier.....

unless there is some viable metric that would hinder our chances moving forward, I see nothing but 'no harm, no foul'......screw subjective semantics......unless there's a rule that nobody has come with, piss on that bs....

intra-squad weekend play with potential starting/batting order ramifications going into next week's tuesday's game is good enough in this instance.....

why in fuckkkk would you want to spend money and add another 3 games during the midweek as the season progresses with a pos budget against pos RPI teams....

to be more specific, especially if they're on the road.....

that's flat out ricky ricardo retardo montalbán stupid......