CSNbbs
We took Cincy's best shot - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: We took Cincy's best shot (/thread-842930.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

We took Cincy's best shot - CougarRed - 02-15-2018 09:19 PM

Plus the officiating crew.

And won going away.

As I tried to tell Bearcat fans before the first game, the schools would split the series this year, each winning at home.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - rosewater - 02-15-2018 09:22 PM

Hardly, could not hit anything tonight.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - BigHouston - 02-15-2018 09:24 PM

Houston basketball looks to be waking up again... Love it.

Go Coogs 04-rock

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - bearcatfan - 02-15-2018 09:25 PM

The officiating crew did just fine. Houston committed their fouls. They probably could have been called for more.

That said, Houston won with tough defense and great shooting when they needed it.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - CougarRed - 02-15-2018 09:28 PM

(02-15-2018 09:22 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Hardly, could not hit anything tonight.

I was referring to the early 11 point lead.

Like Cincy fans said they took Houston's best shot and won going away in the first game.

Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - AirRaid - 02-15-2018 09:29 PM

No need for this. Good game Cinci, we are going to have atleast one team go deep.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - rosewater - 02-15-2018 09:32 PM

(02-15-2018 09:28 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  

Like Cincy fans said they took Houston's best shot and won going away in the first game.

Fair. Again congratulations Houston, my little Grinch heart must be expanding. I am actually kind of happy for ya. In the tournament.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - WhoseHouse? - 02-15-2018 09:42 PM

(02-15-2018 09:32 PM)rosewater Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 09:28 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  

Fair. Again congratulations Houston, my little Grinch heart must be expanding. I am actually kind of happy for ya. In the tournament.

Means a lot coming from the real flag ship! Hope you guys make a deep run this year.

04-cheers

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - strongv - 02-15-2018 09:49 PM

Down goes Frazier!!!

Good game Cincy.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - AndShock - 02-15-2018 09:53 PM

Good job Cougs 04-cheers

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - Coog Engineer - 02-15-2018 10:44 PM

Was nice to see the students rush the floor today!

Heck, was nice just to see the students today. 03-lmfao

And I was right, all these dange first timers not knowing where to park... Where's the parking lot? Where's the parking garage elevator? Where's the arena entrance? Where's the ticket office? Where's my reserved GA seat? 03-lmfao

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - BearcatMan - 02-15-2018 10:46 PM

38% from the floor...yep, best shot.

Great win Houston, only 27 to go! Definitely helps the conference, I think this pretty much locks up three bids barring a completely cooging.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - Coog Engineer - 02-15-2018 10:50 PM

(02-15-2018 10:46 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  38% from the floor...yep, best shot.

Great win Houston, only 27 to go! Definitely helps the conference, I think this pretty much locks up three bids barring a completely cooging.

Haha! Love the creative crutches tossed out to ease the sting. 03-lmfao

Don't be surprised we are at least splitting games with Cincy from now on, home court being the deciding factor.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - BrooklynRocket - 02-15-2018 10:56 PM

Bearcat fan here who doesn't have any backhanded compliments to give. Houston flat out was the better team tonight.

I still like Cincinnati by 5-10 points in Orlando if the two teams happen to meet again, but Houston is hands down an NCAA tournament team and hopefully a force to be reckoned with in this league for years to come.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - CornellCoog - 02-15-2018 11:05 PM

Was watching some online video from the student section. It looks like it was rocking. Just wish they'd come to more than just 1-2 games a year.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - BearcatMan - 02-16-2018 12:15 AM

(02-15-2018 10:50 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  
(02-15-2018 10:46 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  38% from the floor...yep, best shot.

Haha! Love the creative crutches tossed out to ease the sting. 03-lmfao

Don't be surprised we are at least splitting games with Cincy from now on, home court being the deciding factor.

I predicted we would lose this game...no sting at all, I'm actually pretty stoked because it means we'll have three conference teams in now and is about the "best" loss we could have in the conference. If we had consistently close games and splits with teams in the conference it would mean the Tide is rising, which is what we all want...pummeling trams left and right isn't entertaining at all, and doesn't help any team prepare to make runs in March/April.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - JHS55 - 02-16-2018 12:33 AM

I’ll admit, I’ve been a fair weather Houston B.B. fan for a long time I guess Sence we disappeared after phi slamma jamma ended abruptly, but with the AAC and all its sports teams trying to be a a force in all sports it’s fun to see this conference emerging in all areas

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - J Coog - 02-16-2018 06:29 AM

(02-15-2018 09:53 PM)AndShock Wrote:  Good job Cougs 04-cheers

FYI, it's Coogs. Cougs refers to BYU or Washington State.

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - Ring of Black - 02-16-2018 07:13 AM

No excuse from me. Houston out-toughed us on the boards, which very few teams do. They just beat us, straight up.

Well earned win Houston 04-bow

RE: We took Cincy's best shot - bearcatmark - 02-16-2018 07:39 AM

Not our best shot, but survived some great play early from UC. Houston's foul every time strategy worked great. UC couldn't get their offense going through all the contact. The refs called many fouls and put UC on the line a lot as a result, but they didn't call nearly all of them and the strategy paid off in stopping UC from getting rhythm. I think the cost (UC scoring a lot at the line) was worth the benefit (UC struggling to do anything else) for Houston. Good gameplan by Sampson and company.

Houston also beat UC to every loose ball which showed up on the glass and once again were able to survive UC mostly taking away Gray as an offensive threat. I've been really impressed by several of their players ability to step up and hit shots. I think all three of Davis's threes had a hand in his face... he got the tiniest look and just buried them. Dude has one of the best strokes I've seen in college basketball. I love both of the Davis's games. I've been incredibly impressed with Houston both games.

I thought UC got in their own way some, but so much of that was driven by Houston's gameplan, their execution of the gameplan, and their ability to hit tough shots against good defense.