CSNbbs
UAB Ventures to La Tech in Search of First Win in Ruston - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB Ventures to La Tech in Search of First Win in Ruston (/thread-842801.html)

UAB Ventures to La Tech in Search of First Win in Ruston - BlazerGold09 - 02-14-2018 10:47 AM

https://thedailydragon.com/2018/02/14/uab-ventures-to-la-tech-in-search-of-first-win-in-ruston/

RE: UAB Ventures to La Tech in Search of First Win in Ruston - Memphis Blazer - 02-14-2018 11:05 AM

Playing without any guards on the bench is going to be tough.

I guess we get to see Hunter Reynolds shine under pressure.

RE: UAB Ventures to La Tech in Search of First Win in Ruston - blazerjay - 02-14-2018 05:35 PM

(02-14-2018 11:05 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Playing without any guards on the bench is going to be tough.

I guess we get to see Hunter Reynolds shine under pressure.

Hunter Reynolds has been in street clothes the last two games...

RE: UAB Ventures to La Tech in Search of First Win in Ruston - UABfan1 - 02-15-2018 03:23 AM

Their point guard is back but their 2nd string point was pretty darn good in his absence so they picked up an extra guard in depth despite losing their very ineffective big except for an occasional blocked or altered shot.

Their backup bigs are decent but young, but they wont be able to stop coke without help.
And they can help if we don't make them pay for it by hitting from 3 point range.

We are 2-2.5 point underdogs and its hard to disagree. But its a game we SHOULD win. Because if we hadn't lost about 5 games we shouldn't have this year, we would not be underdogs.

We need to out rebound them by at least 5 and shoot at least 35% from 3.
While keeping them below 35% from 3.

And no crying about refs. Poor calls are expected on the road. Its always been that way.

The rebounding stats are one I don't think coach pays enough attention to.

We should be KILLING teams on the boards but too often we are only barely beating them. And its not Coke but pretty much the other 4 spots usually. Although Lee is ok when he tries. And for me, its impossible to tell the difference between when he tries and when he is injured. Except he is a little more active on the offensive boards when he both tries and is not injured.