CSNbbs
Tribe tournament parties - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Tribe tournament parties (/thread-842597.html)

Tribe tournament parties - NC Tribe - 02-12-2018 09:46 AM

I received the e-mail today about Tribe tournament parties hosted by the alumni association.

https://wmalumni.com/get-involved/caa-tournament.html

Surprised about the lunch on Saturday. I plan on going to the games Saturday night even if the Tribe isn't playing, but certainly wasn't planning on arriving in time for lunch Saturday in Charleston. Last year I never left North Charleston.

RE: Tribe tournament parties - nogretheogre - 02-12-2018 10:46 AM

Good idea to formalize the entire tourney as a destination for alums instead of a quick pre-game party.

Saturday lunch at the Marriott is a good idea for those who are coming for the city as well as the tourney, but the problem is, hotel lunch is not as enticing as being able to choose any number of fantastic restaurants. The tourney is also again during the Charleston Wine & Food Fest! Maybe if it was catered by one of the more famous destinations?

RE: Tribe tournament parties - tribeinexile - 02-12-2018 11:03 AM

Either the Alumni Association in general, or the Charleston chapter in particular, has really stepped up their game re: basketball this year.

The seats made available by the Alumni Association for the W&M-Charleston game on 2/8 were stellar, the first time since I have been down here that you benefited from going through the Alumni to get tickets.

The parties for the CAAT provided a meeting point for those not wired into where the basketball supporters are congregating.

And in both cases the communications have been timely enough to be actionable.

RE: Tribe tournament parties - WMTRIBE75 - 02-12-2018 11:41 AM

Also noticed that the pregame gatherings, which also double as giving the players a rousing sendoff before they leave for the coliseum, are at the Charleston Marriott this year. Last year these events we at the Marriott in North Charleston so the team must be staying in downtown Charleston this year.

Tribe tournament parties - wml33t - 02-12-2018 01:56 PM

I have to once again question what mailing list they’re using. I didn’t get this.

RE: Tribe tournament parties - wmmii - 02-12-2018 09:11 PM

(02-12-2018 01:56 PM)wml33t Wrote:  I have to once again question what mailing list they’re using. I didn’t get this.

With the help of Leadbolt, I found it!

It was sent buried inside an email Sunday to Alumni with the Header :

"Tribe Basketball marches toward the CAA Tournament!"

RE: Tribe tournament parties - Tribeheart - 02-12-2018 09:35 PM

(02-12-2018 01:56 PM)wml33t Wrote:  I have to once again question what mailing list they’re using. I didn’t get this.
This one came from the Alumni Association.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Tribe tournament parties - nogretheogre - 02-12-2018 10:20 PM

(02-12-2018 09:35 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  
This one came from the Alumni Association.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app

Yes, came yesterday in email. Titled: Tribe Basketball marches toward the CAA Tournament!

Maybe your alumni association email is out of date...I bet they sent this to all alums who havent opted out.