CSNbbs
Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures (/thread-841385.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - miko33 - 01-29-2018 12:39 PM

Sorry, but this is idiocy on DJT's part. Zero excuse on why Barron Trump could not have been moved to a good school to start up in January. The smart play would have been to make temporary living arrangements in DC until the move to the White House. At Trump's level of wealth, he could have easily done so and worked with the secret service to do this.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/melania-trumps-military-flights-before-her-move-to-washington-cost-more-than-675-000-1517221801

Quote:First lady Melania Trump took 21 flights in a three-month period on Air Force jets at a cost of more than $675,000 before she moved to the White House in June 2017, military records show.

Air Force jets flew Mrs. Trump to and from New York City, Florida and Washington under an arrangement unlike any modern first lady because she was living in New York after President Donald Trump’s inauguration to allow their son Barron to finish the fifth grade.

While the first lady was living in Trump Tower in Manhattan, Air Force jets made at least 19 trips to LaGuardia Airport in New York and nine trips to Florida’s Palm Beach International Airport to drop off or pick up Mrs. Trump, according to military records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The records, received after a public-records request filed by the Journal, cover the period from the inauguration through April 2017. The request for the records was filed at the beginning of May, the last full month before Mrs. Trump moved to Washington.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - Lord Stanley - 01-29-2018 12:42 PM

Criticizing Presidential travel from any party is ludicrous. The President and their families have special legitimate security and travel needs that cannot be handled via regular ways.

This is OK.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - gdunn - 01-29-2018 12:45 PM

Yes and no. I mean does he truly have to go to Florida every weekend?

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - Kronke - 01-29-2018 12:46 PM

$675k x 21 flights = $14.5 million / 325,000,000

I've got my $0.04 check written out here to pay my fair share of the expense, just let me know where I need to send it. I've made 45% in the past year or so on the back of President Trump's policies, so I'm more than happy to pay.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - UofMstateU - 01-29-2018 12:48 PM

(01-29-2018 12:45 PM)gdunn Wrote:  Yes and no. I mean does he truly have to go to Florida every weekend?

At the rate he's getting things done, I wouldnt mind if he went to MaraLago twice a week.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - miko33 - 01-29-2018 12:49 PM

I'm not begrudging a president the necessity to have extra security and to have a significant number of people mobilized to travel with him as part of the duties of being president. It's stupid to put all of this unnecessary travel on the American taxpayer when Barron could have easily been transferred to another top notch school in DC. I've had to move for my job a few times, and every time I did we moved the kids to new schools even if it meant doing so in the middle of the year.

Trump should at least reimburse the taxpayers for this unnecessary travel just to keep Barron in NYC to finish his 5th grade year.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - UofMstateU - 01-29-2018 12:50 PM

(01-29-2018 12:39 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Sorry, but this is idiocy on DJT's part. Zero excuse on why Barron Trump could not have been moved to a good school to start up in January. The smart play would have been to make temporary living arrangements in DC until the move to the White House. At Trump's level of wealth, he could have easily done so and worked with the secret service to do this.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/melania-trumps-military-flights-before-her-move-to-washington-cost-more-than-675-000-1517221801

Quote:First lady Melania Trump took 21 flights in a three-month period on Air Force jets at a cost of more than $675,000 before she moved to the White House in June 2017, military records show.

Air Force jets flew Mrs. Trump to and from New York City, Florida and Washington under an arrangement unlike any modern first lady because she was living in New York after President Donald Trump’s inauguration to allow their son Barron to finish the fifth grade.

While the first lady was living in Trump Tower in Manhattan, Air Force jets made at least 19 trips to LaGuardia Airport in New York and nine trips to Florida’s Palm Beach International Airport to drop off or pick up Mrs. Trump, according to military records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The records, received after a public-records request filed by the Journal, cover the period from the inauguration through April 2017. The request for the records was filed at the beginning of May, the last full month before Mrs. Trump moved to Washington.

You do not simply yank kids out of school mid-year if it can be helped. You try not to yank them out of school at all if possible, but I have no issue with a child remaining in the school they are currently in for the remainder of the school year.

And Trump's security is going to be expensive. The left is completely unhinged.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - Redwingtom - 01-29-2018 12:51 PM

(01-29-2018 12:46 PM)Kronke Wrote:  $675k x 21 flights = $14.5 million / 325,000,000

I've got my $0.04 check written out here to pay my fair share of the expense, just let me know where I need to send it. I've made 45% in the past year or so on the back of President Trump's policies, so I'm more than happy to pay.

04-bs

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - miko33 - 01-29-2018 12:52 PM

(01-29-2018 12:46 PM)Kronke Wrote:  $675k x 21 flights = $14.5 million / 325,000,000

In light of the budget, it's a trivial amount. However, if we are supposed to put our money where our mouths are - then waste is waste. I didn't like the unnecessary travel Obama did and his family's cushy Spanish vacation among other things. I see this as being no different.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - UofMstateU - 01-29-2018 12:53 PM

(01-29-2018 12:52 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

In light of the budget, it's a trivial amount. However, if we are supposed to put our money where our mouths are - then waste is waste. I didn't like the unnecessary travel Obama did and his family's cushy Spanish vacation among other things. I see this as being no different.

This is NOT waste. This is a required expense to protect the first family.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - miko33 - 01-29-2018 12:54 PM

(01-29-2018 12:50 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 12:39 PM)miko33 Wrote:  Sorry, but this is idiocy on DJT's part. Zero excuse on why Barron Trump could not have been moved to a good school to start up in January. The smart play would have been to make temporary living arrangements in DC until the move to the White House. At Trump's level of wealth, he could have easily done so and worked with the secret service to do this.

You do not simply yank kids out of school mid-year if it can be helped. You try not to yank them out of school at all if possible, but I have no issue with a child remaining in the school they are currently in for the remainder of the school year.

And someone with Trump's level of wealth should have zero issue with paying back the $675K to the treasury (or one of our debts) in order to ensure his child can finish the year out.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - Redwingtom - 01-29-2018 12:55 PM

(01-29-2018 12:53 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 12:52 PM)miko33 Wrote:  

This is NOT waste. This is a required expense to protect the first family.

Spoken without the slightest hint of irony. 03-rotfl

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - UofMstateU - 01-29-2018 12:56 PM

(01-29-2018 12:54 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 12:50 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

And someone with Trump's level of wealth should have zero issue with paying back the $675K to the treasury (or one of our debts) in order to ensure his child can finish the year out.

Trump is only required to pay what he is required to pay. There isnt a special rule that says wealthy presidents have to pay for their own security.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - stinkfist - 01-29-2018 12:58 PM

(01-29-2018 12:49 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I'm not begrudging a president the necessity to have extra security and to have a significant number of people mobilized to travel with him as part of the duties of being president. It's stupid to put all of this unnecessary travel on the American taxpayer when Barron could have easily been transferred to another top notch school in DC. I've had to move for my job a few times, and every time I did we moved the kids to new schools even if it meant doing so in the middle of the year.

Trump should at least reimburse the taxpayers for this unnecessary travel just to keep Barron in NYC to finish his 5th grade year.

seriously....b/c no son wants to see their DAD.....

these monies are fruity pebbles in relative terms....

and this has nothing to do with you since you're not POTUS....

jfc....

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - EverRespect - 01-29-2018 12:59 PM

Impeach!

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - miko33 - 01-29-2018 01:05 PM

(01-29-2018 12:58 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 12:49 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I'm not begrudging a president the necessity to have extra security and to have a significant number of people mobilized to travel with him as part of the duties of being president. It's stupid to put all of this unnecessary travel on the American taxpayer when Barron could have easily been transferred to another top notch school in DC. I've had to move for my job a few times, and every time I did we moved the kids to new schools even if it meant doing so in the middle of the year.

jfc....

If Barron wanted to see his dad, then he should have been enrolled in a school in DC over Christmas break.

IDGAF if the monies are trivial or not. Waste is waste. This mentality is a significant contributor to our debt and annual deficits.

I'm a taxpayer, so what my president does has a bearing on me whether great or small.

jfc for those of you who have zero problems with Trump overspending on travel with Barron's schooling and frequent trips to Mara Lago but get their titties twisted when prior presidents abused travel. Or even when congressmen abuse travel. Sure, it's all peanuts. As long as we keep thinking like that, real cost cutting never happens.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - stinkfist - 01-29-2018 01:13 PM

(01-29-2018 01:05 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(01-29-2018 12:58 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

jfc....

If Barron wanted to see his dad, then he should have been enrolled in a school in DC over Christmas break.

IDGAF if the monies are trivial or not. Waste is waste. This mentality is a significant contributor to our debt and annual deficits.

I'm a taxpayer, so what my president does has a bearing on me whether great or small.

jfc for those of you who have zero problems with Trump overspending on travel with Barron's schooling and frequent trips to Mara Lago but get their titties twisted when prior presidents abused travel. Or even when congressmen abuse travel. Sure, it's all peanuts. As long as we keep thinking like that, real cost cutting never happens.

the point is "protection" comes with the job.....

and your perspective doesn't matter as you're not his FATHER, nor his SON....

if it's peanuts, why are trying to interject your opinion on something that means peanuts???

that's just silly....

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - olliebaba - 01-29-2018 01:22 PM

I 100% agree with you Miko. I'm against ANY PRESIDENT using so much money for travel. I know they all did it, including Oblunder, but it should stop some time. If anything, Trump's got a lot of dough, let him reimburse the country for that foolish travel.

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - stinkfist - 01-29-2018 01:31 PM

(01-29-2018 01:22 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

I 100% agree with you Miko. I'm against ANY PRESIDENT using so much money for travel. I know they all did it, including Oblunder, but it should stop some time. If anything, Trump's got a lot of dough, let him reimburse the country for that foolish travel.

so Ollie, how do you protect at that point???

are we supposed to elect a president that is childless and wifeless???

btw, DJT started out self funding his campaign, eh?

is it in the constitution that the kiddies are supposed to relocate???

#dangerousterritory

I don't understand the argument outside of op-ed....

logically, it's nothing more than a cost of doing business...

RE: Tone Deaf Trump Family - Expenditures - olliebaba - 01-29-2018 01:37 PM

For the money that was spent on his schooling this kids schooling could be accomplished with home schooling by his present teachers, at his home. You don't think a teacher would love to have just one student to teach after school hours? There's ways to do things that cost less money Stinky, all you have to do is look for them. A person like the president can do wonders with less money. I know about teachers, I have a LOT of them in my extended family and they would jump at the chance for extra dough.